Trump tearing apart national parks

The federal government claims ownership of nearly 64% of the land in Utah. In a contiguous group of eleven western states, the federal government claims ownership of nearly half of the land in those states. There is no good reason why the federal government should be allowed to claim so much of the land that ought to belong to the state or to the people in those states.

The Massive (and Empty) Federal Lands of the American West
Federal land ownership by state - Ballotpedia

lead_960.png

Does the State of Utah have finances to support the land in question?

Doesn't federal land belong to the people of Utah?

Do the Feds? How's their stewardship been over the last century?

Lack of stewardship and economic greed brought us the largest man-made disaster in history: the Dust Bowl.

Wasn't the Feds. Imagine that happening all over again. Greed.

48NqVdJVhivA9kwHawFtW9vx.jpeg

And, I'll add, it could happen again. Seems once those who remember die off...the memories get buried. Already economic pressures are leading to farmers cutting down the shelterbelts, millions of trees planted by the civilian conservation corp to hold down the soil and prevent wind erosion, all for a few more acres of corn...soy...wheat.

Deja Vous.

Stupidity, ignorance, lies, and misinformation are allowing a scam to rob Americans of their natural resources and property. Lands in question have never belonged or been owned by Utah and are still not owned by Utah. Changing the status just makes it easier to exploit the properties. Instead of being held in reserve for future generations, the resources on the lands will be ravaged by a few friends of current politicians.

Why should the federal government be allowed to claim ownership of 65% of the land within a state?

Leaked maps reveal Trump's plan to slash national parks by 1m acres | Metro News

Donald Trump slashes size of national parks in Utah to allow drilling
Opinion: National parks under attack by Trump administration - Citrus College Clarion

President Trump Declares Major Reduction of Bears Ears Monument

I think this is caused by some illegal activity, either Trump getting paid by corporations for this, or illegally investing when his companies should be in a blind trust.

Either way, there has never been a president which has removed so much land from federal protection as he would like to.
Drill baby drill

The federal government claims ownership of nearly 64% of the land in Utah. In a contiguous group of eleven western states, the federal government claims ownership of nearly half of the land in those states. There is no good reason why the federal government should be allowed to claim so much of the land that ought to belong to the state or to the people in those states.

lead_960.png

Lack of stewardship and economic greed brought us the largest man-made disaster in history: the Dust Bowl.

And, I'll add, it could happen again. Seems once those who remember die off...the memories get buried. Already economic pressures are leading to farmers cutting down the shelterbelts, millions of trees planted by the civilian conservation corp to hold down the soil and prevent wind erosion, all for a few more acres of corn...soy...wheat.

Deja Vous.
Have I told you lately how much I love you?

That isn't to say I agree with much of what you post, I love you for being a good person with good intentions. :)

lead_960.png

Deja Vous.
Have I told you lately how much I love you?

That isn't to say I agree with much of what you post, I love you for being a good person with good intentions. :)

How can I be the meanest, ugliest, nastiest s.o.b. when you say stuff like that? You are RUINING my image :dunno:

What were these tribes doing before obama confiscated this land away from the states. Historially, this was state land.

You know, the oil and gas companies are already drooling about the possibility of drilling in the Escalante area.
Good!

More jobs, cheaper fuel, stronger economy. I’m good with that.

We have very low unemployment already.
More drilling equals cheaper gas———— cheaper gas ———— equals unemployment of oil workers————- cheaper gas more fossil fuel companies will shut down.
Large numbers of oil rigs platform located in Gulf of Mexico sitting idle because of cheap oil. Gas has to climb back up to $150/barrel in order to be profitable. Currently I think it’s $50/barrel.
We do not need more drilling.

Oil Rigs Left Idling Turn Caribbean Into Expensive Parking Lot

More Than 440,000 Global Oil, Gas Jobs Lost During Downturn

Why Cheap Gas Might Not Be Good For The U.S. Economy

Stupidity, ignorance, lies, and misinformation are allowing a scam to rob Americans of their natural resources and property. Lands in question have never belonged or been owned by Utah and are still not owned by Utah. Changing the status just makes it easier to exploit the properties. Instead of being held in reserve for future generations, the resources on the lands will be ravaged by a few friends of current politicians.

Why should the federal government be allowed to claim ownership of 65% of the land within a state?
Because when large western territories like Utah chose to give up territory status and join the Union as sovereign states they could not provide even a fraction of the cost of protecting and managing the land. They still do not have the ability. The answer to your question is gave up claims to federal lands when they became an independent state instead of a territory.

lead_960.png

You are so confused. The dust bowl was caused by poor agriculture and a drought.

lead_960.png

Deja Vous.

I see you can agriculture to your list of things you think you know, but don't!

Because when large western territories like Utah chose to give up territory status and join the Union as sovereign states they could not provide even a fraction of the cost of protecting and managing the land. They still do not have the ability. The answer to your question is gave up claims to federal lands when they became an independent state instead of a territory.

So,how did all that land survive, before there were governments claiming ownership over it, and taking on the responsibility to “manage” it?

So,how did all that land survive, before there were governments claiming ownership over it, and taking on the responsibility to “manage” it?

Manage equals charging fees for people to use it productively.

Fake News to anger the population. He paired down National Monuments from the land grab done by The Obama Regime.

Leaked maps reveal Trump's plan to slash national parks by 1m acres | Metro News

Opinion: National parks under attack by Trump administration - Citrus College Clarion

I think this is caused by some illegal activity, either Trump getting paid by corporations for this, or illegally investing when his companies should be in a blind trust.

Either way, there has never been a president which has removed so much land from federal protection as he would like to.
Fake News to anger the population. He paired down National Monuments from the land grab done by The Obama Regime.
Trump's only desire is undo everything Obama did.

FAKE is the claim that a land grab ever occurred. Actually, the claim of a land grab is a big lie.

Liberals lying again.

Just another day in a liberal life.

Piss off a conservative.

Lie to a conservative.

Piss off a liberal.

Tell a liberal the truth.

Forum List

Back