Trump, the 14th and barring from office

If I actually believed that Trump was involved in "a rising against civil or political authority?"

You might. . . might, have a case. But, since I think that whole narrative is bullshit? meh. :rolleyes:

iu

". . . On the evening of January 5—the night before a white supremacist mob stormed Capitol Hill in a siege that would leave five dead—the acting secretary of defense, Christopher Miller, was at the White House with his chief of staff, Kash Patel. They were meeting with President Trump on “an Iran issue,” Miller told me. But then the conversation switched gears. The president, Miller recalled, asked how many troops the Pentagon planned to turn out the following day. “We’re like, ‘We’re going to provide any National Guard support that the District requests,’” Miller responded. “And [Trump] goes, ‘You’re going to need 10,000 people.’ No, I’m not talking bullshit. He said that. And we’re like, ‘Maybe. But you know, someone’s going to have to ask for it.’” At that point Miller remembered the president telling him, “‘You do what you need to do. You do what you need to do.’ He said, ‘You’re going to need 10,000.’ That’s what he said. Swear to God.”

Live with Tarik Johnson, Former Lieutenant with Capitol Police - Viva Frei​

Tucker Carlson on Twitter Ep5 - Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund reveals truth on January 6th​

Trump provided comfort and aid to the insurrection.

As far as national guard, thanks for showing Trump was responsible for them not being there that day.

Your definition
A rising against civil or political authority; the open and active opposition of a number of persons to the execution of a law in a city or state. It is equivalent to sedition, except that sedition expresses a less extensive rising of citizens.
BLM were the insurrectionists against the city police

PussyBitch, how did you miss this part...?

the open and active opposition of a number of persons to the execution of a law in a city or state

What law was BLM trying to prevent from being executed?

PussyBitch, how did you miss this part...?

the open and active opposition of a number of persons to the execution of a law in a city or state

What law was BLM trying to prevent from being executed?
Cocksucker the execution of existing laws. Damn Pussy bitch your ignorant

Trump provided comfort and aid to the insurrection.

As far as national guard, thanks for showing Trump was responsible for them not being there that day.
The only thing it showed, is that Christopher C. Miller did not follow orders. He is the one that is responsible, as so proven.

Trump told him what he needed to do, and he did not do it.

Trump can't, at one point, tell his acting Secretary of Defense that additional troops will be needed, and at the next, establishment folks on the left, neolibs, and neocons, can't be trying to gaslight the nation that he is part of an, "insurrection."

Both of these can't be true simultaneously, you are now twisting in the wind. Obviously Trump was betrayed by his own underlings.

There is no proof that he provided any comfort and aid, to anyone breaking any laws. . now you are just grasping, because you have lost the debate. . . . .

:thankusmile:

Last edited:
The only thing it showed, is that Christopher C. Miller did not follow orders. He is the one that is responsible, as so proven.

Trump told him what he needed to do, and he did not do it.

Trump can't, at one point, tell his acting Secretary of Defense that additional troops will be needed, and at the next, establishment folks on the left, neolibs, and neocons, can't be trying to gaslight the nation that he is part of an, "insurrection."

Both of these can't be true simultaneously, you are not twisting in the wind. Obviously Trump was betrayed by his own underlings.

:thankusmile:

That's on Trump. When he saw the national guard wasn't called up that morning, he should have made sure that was done. Also, Trump didn't want the National Guard to protect the Capitol. He wanted them to protect his supporters.

There is no proof that he provided any comfort and aid, to anyone breaking any laws. . now you are just grasping, because you have lost the debate. . . . .

False. He gave them aid by taking no action for hours to get them out after sending them to the Capitol. He gave them comfort by telling them they were very special, that he loved them, and he justified their actions and says he will pardon them if re-elected.

That's on Trump. When he saw the national guard wasn't called up that morning, he should have made sure that was done. Also, Trump didn't want the National Guard to protect the Capitol. He wanted them to protect his supporters.

False. He gave them aid by taking no action for hours to get them out after sending them to the Capitol. He gave them comfort by telling them they were very special, that he loved them, and he justified their actions and says he will pardon them if re-elected.
Wow, what ever you need to do, to twist the narrative to make it all Trump's fault for there being a riot.

:oops:

You are really grasping at straws now.

Talk about desperate.

"It's all Trump's fault that he didn't prevent a riot."

The fact is, I proved that he was concerned about it. . . he couldn't be plotting an, "insurrection," at the same time he was giving orders for increased protection, the two narrative conflict with each other. YOU LOSE!

Your writing is factually wrong. I proved, with a link, that he told his Department of Defense to step up security, and you are ignoring me. Likewise, security for the capitol is the responsibility of congress. . and they knew what was coming, but ignored it.

. . . and they did nothing, ON PURPOSE. You are acting a fool.

Pussy have you ever heard of the Posse Comitstus act?

Wow, what ever you need to do, to twist the narrative to make it all Trump's fault for there being a riot.

:oops:

You are really grasping at straws now.

Talk about desperate.

"It's all Trump's fault that he didn't prevent a riot."

The fact is, I proved that he was concerned about it. . . he couldn't be plotting an, "insurrection," at the same time he was giving orders for increased protection, the two narrative conflict with each other. YOU LOSE!

Your writing is factually wrong. I proved, with a link, that he told his Department of Defense to step up security, and you are ignoring me. Likewise, security for the capitol is the responsibility of congress. . and they knew what was coming, but ignored it.

. . . and they did nothing, ON PURPOSE. You are acting a fool.

Of course it's on Trump. He brought everyone there to be "wild." Then didn't make sure the national guard was there even though he knew they were needed.

If not for Trump and the Big Lies he spread for months, NONE of that would have happened.

And no, Congress had no idea that was coming. The protest scheduled by Trump was to be at the Ellipse. Trump took it to the Capitol.

Pussy have you ever heard of the Posse Comitstus act?

Retard, the defense secretary has full authority to call up the National Guard in D.C.. and the president has full authority to tell the defense secretary to call them up.

Your ignorance has no limits.

insurrection
"an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence:"
armed insurrection

View attachment 894393

Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources

By Mark Hosenball and Sarah N. Lynch
August 20, 202110:43 PM EDTUpdated 2 years ago

iu
that Statement was nothing official by the FBI..... It was an (Unnamed) anonymous source of 4 former FBI agents and allegedly an active one.

the FBI doesn't give results of an official investigation using former retired agents (as a source), without any support of a redacted Report of some sort.... Do they?

Yep, dems say no charge is needed, all you have to do is get a state court, Secretary of State, or some other official to simply say he committed insurrection and that’s enough.

I’m on board with it being this easy. I can’t wait for scotus to green light that idea, and then red states can start removing Biden from their ballots.

This election year is going to be very interesting.
All you need is an insurrection.
But you ain't got one so...

So, what does section 5 mean to you? There are those who argue it puts the enforcement solely on Congress, and that they did so via the insurrection act, which means a charge and conviction is mandatory to disqual him from office.

What are your thoughts on that?

Also, to remove someone from the ballot without first charging him with insurrection would be a bad precedent. How can you punish someone without first charging with an offense. What is happening right now is that dems are just going off of the assumed stance that he committed insurrection. There are those who don’t believe what happened would qualify as an insurrection

You’d essentially be removing an entires party’s option to vote for their candidate, without even going to court to officially declare an insurrection had taken place.
Congress has sole authority to reverse a ban with a 2/3 vote.

As I said in the OP I don't think removal from a ballot is part of the 14th.
It doesn't say anything about elections, only about holding office.

That would leave the decision up to the certifying forces.
State Legislatures
Electoral College
Congress
The VP

You should take your own advice.
Unless Colorado had an insurrection within their state they have no standing.
Colorado has standing but not, in my opinion, to remove Trump from the ballot.
In the HUGELY unlikely event Trump were to win in Colorado, however, the Colorado Legislature could deny to Trump the electoral votes under the 14th.

Forum List

Back