Trump the next Reagan?

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
In certain aspects, the last few years have been reminiscent regarding presidents. Reagan was going to get us into war, ruin the economy and unleash a plague of locusts upon the earth, yet America and the rest of the world were at peace and prospered..

From peace to prosperity, my (our) hopes are high.

reagan.... TO HIS CREDIT.... supported a ban on assault rifles

reagan.... TO HIS CREDIT.... reduced our arsenal of nukes

reagan....TO HIS CREDIT raised taxes to generate revenue because it was necessary

reagan.... TO HIS CREDIT worked with (D)s to actually get things done

so to answer your OP.....

that would be no.

Last edited:
I dont think Drumpf has Alzheimers llike Regaen did.. I think he is just an idiot and a carnival barker..

reagan....TO HIS CREDIT raised taxes to generate revenue because it was necessary

ragan.... TO HIS CREDIT worked with (D)s to actually get things done

that would be no.
That was nothing. Reagan changed the fucking world. Taxes and the rest be damned.

Last edited:

ragan.... TO HIS CREDIT worked with (D)s to actually get things done

that would be no.
That was nothing. Reagan changed the fucking world. Taxes and the rest be damned.

reagan was also respected on the world stage, which is another example why trump is the polar opposite.

I dont think Drumpf has Alzheimers llike Regaen did.. I think he is just an idiot and a carnival barker..
Why would a billionaire be a carnival barker and how could he be a billionaire? FFS, he's not even a black producer-barker!

President Trump is a much better President than Reagan. Reagan refused to impose tariffs when we needed to.

Trump will use the "I do not remember" defense in his impeachment process. I did not like the Saint of the republicans Ronnie the Ray Goon.

reagan was also respected on the world stage, which is another example why trump is the polar opposite.
That's kinda the point. Reagan was not respect initially. There is a difference between demanding respect and expecting respect like the Nobel-Prize winning Obama.

In certain aspects, the last few years have been reminiscent regarding presidents. Reagan was going to get us into war, ruin the economy and unleash a plague of locusts upon the earth, yet America and the rest of the world were at peace and prospered..

Alzheimers?

That's kinda the point. Reagan was not respect initially. There is a difference between demanding respect and expecting respect like the Nobel-Prize winning Obama.

trump is embarrassing & a laughing stock, but thinks he is a stable genius.

He is on track to add as high a percent to our national debt as Reagan did, so there is that comparison I suppose.

I do not think Trump will grow the size of government as much as Reagan did though.

that would be no.
/-----/ Reagan didn't raise taxes, he had to dial them back beauce the cuts were too deep. Tough concept for public school educated ;libs to comprehend, I know. BTW democRATs worked with Reagan then stabbed him in the back.

Alzheimers?
Thank you. Of course, Reagan had Alzheimers too of course. Still, render utno to Cesar that which is Cesar's.

that would be no.
/-----/ Reagan didn't raise taxes, he had to dial them back beauce the cuts were too deep. Tough concept for public school educated ;libs to comprehend, I know. BTW democRATs worked with Reagan then stabbed him in the back.

sure.

The Economic Recovery Act of 1981, also known as the Reagan tax cuts, was the biggest reduction in U.S. taxes of the past 70 years, possibly even the biggest ever. 1 That much is reasonably well-known.

What is less well-known is that these cuts were then followed by a series of tax increases that, if you add them all together, were almost as big as or even bigger than the 1981 cuts, depending on the measure you use.

Terms of Service Violation

He is on track to add as high a percent to our national debt as Reagan did, so there is that comparison I suppose.

I do not think Trump will grow the size of government as much as Reagan did though.
He is also on the track, as you put it, to make America great again.

Suck it up butter cup! (this is the first time I've called a marine buttercup). :)

that would be no.

sure.

The Economic Recovery Act of 1981, also known as the Reagan tax cuts, was the biggest reduction in U.S. taxes of the past 70 years, possibly even the biggest ever. 1 That much is reasonably well-known.

What is less well-known is that these cuts were then followed by a series of tax increases that, if you add them all together, were almost as big as or even bigger than the 1981 cuts, depending on the measure you use.

Terms of Service Violation
/----/ Nice spin but that's what you're good at. Some of the the tax cuts were rolled back, that's not a tax increase. Tax is $2 and we cut it back to $1 but that is too steep so we put it to $1.50. It's a still a cut form the original $2 but not as steep as the $1 originally proposed. You confused Libs are calling the $1.50 tax rate an increase.
iu

Forum List

Back