Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump: The US government needs a good 'shutdown' if Senate rules don't change

NightFox

Wildling
Jul 20, 2013
Source: CNBC.COM
Trump: The US government needs a good 'shutdown' if Senate rules don't change

Trump @ Twitter 5/1/2017
"either elect more Republican Senators in 2018 or change the rules now to 51%. Our country needs a good "shutdown" in September to fix mess!"

Trump @ Twitter 4/27/2017
"As families prepare for summer vacations in our National Parks — Democrats threaten to close them and shut down the government. Terrible!"

Apparently the White House staff gave the Donald the red pill this week. :rolleyes:

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." -- Morpheus, The Matrix

In fairness, the GOP are handcuffed, especially when not ONE single Democratic can break free of their GroupThink and side with Trump on ANYTHING.

The Democratic Party has changed drastically from the days when Bill Clinton was running the show. I bet you dollars to donuts he probably sees this most drastically himself. Yes, the country is divided along a steep political divide, but I hear some in the Democratic Party; certainly not all, but some, in particularly those who boycotted Trumps inauguration, and they honestly sound like anarchists or Cuban Nationalists. It's insane.

We Democrats thank Trump for that stupidity. By tweeting how he so very badly wants a shutdown, it's now nearly impossible to blame Democrats for any shutdown, and the Democratic hand is much stronger.

Trump and a dem backed bill became law last month, so evidently the situation is not what you claim..

In fairness, the GOP are handcuffed, especially when not ONE single Democratic can break free of their GroupThink and side with Trump on ANYTHING.

The Democratic Party has changed drastically from the days when Bill Clinton was running the show. I bet you dollars to donuts he probably sees this most drastically himself. Yes, the country is divided along a steep political divide, but I hear some in the Democratic Party; certainly not all, but some, in particularly those who boycotted Trumps inauguration, and they honestly sound like anarchists or Cuban Nationalists. It's insane.
Handcuffed? The GOP controls everything, dummy.

We Democrats thank Trump for that stupidity. By tweeting how he so very badly wants a shutdown, it's now nearly impossible to blame Democrats for any shutdown, and the Democratic hand is much stronger.

In "regular times", yes of course, but these are unusual times. There are many who believe Trump isn't even a member of the government, he has been sent there to clean up the establishment. Both parties have been viewed as dysfunctional for some time, so very few are going to think "oh this is on Trump". The media will continue to blame Trump, but when they do, they simply insult the American people who voted for him on his platform.

Obamacare is not sustainable, this is clear. Debt increases are not sustainable, this is clear. Funding and paying for illegal immigration is not sustainable, this is clear. Abuses by foreign government exploiting American busineses and workers is not sustainable, this much is clear. Abuses of police officers in uniform, many who have thankless jobs, who are far too often treated as the enemy, is not sustainable. Veterans treated worse than illegal immigrants and they have no sanctuary city to run to, is not sustainable!

Noone wants a shut down, certainly not Trump, but clearly something has to give right? There is no way around it. The parties better get the message, their careers are at risk, not Trumps. Even if it were, he will return to the billionaires lifestyle next week without a care. It's just the reality, like it or not.

No one in the right wing majority even invited the democrats to the negotiating table....blaming Dems is ignorant and ridiculous imo.

Why doesn't congress hold hearings on their proposed legislation? What has made them shut down that process???

Why should they? What's he offering the miscreants from the Douche Bag Party to side with him ?

The Repulsivecans could have stuck to their (supposed) fiscally conservative guns on this budget but chose not to because they're deathly afraid of a government shutdown (meaning they have ZERO leverage because they've given it all away) and to add a healthy dose of comedy to this already ludicrous situation now President Blowhard says he wants a shutdown.... in SEPTEMBER yet was criticizing the Dickheads last week for threatening a shutdown.

The Grotesque Odious Party; they're always one election, one budget cycle, one SCOTUS justice away from actually living up to the principles they say they espouse.

Virtually clueless President Obama was actually not prepared for the foreclosure crisis, and often so-stated. The Republicans were clearly unprepared for the crisis they had created, with Senator McCain unlikely to know what to make of it, himself. Others have had the problem. Famous names include, Mohammed the Prophet, Adam Smith the Capitalist, interest-rate regulator, Karl Marx the original NRA member, supportive of the peoples right to bear arms right there in the street! Keynes created the modern reliance on usury, (interest rate), economics. Many should say, "He bade the people bend over, and await the Public Works." Alan Greenspan and Milton Friedman were reliant on, and advocates of, fixed percentage usury, manipulation. By then it may have been thought, auto-erotic.

Moses, in Deuteronomy 23:19-20, prohibited usury in Israel, but allowed and supported its use against the foreign. Again a former Prince of Egypt, (a subjugating brand, slave economy, not much into human rights): Supported the use of usury as a tool(?), most likely for Jewish Imperial subjugation, now called Catholic, and even Protestant. Then there are the hippies, now age 70, and safely in the Oval Office.

Trump Silliness, Wild Indignant About Nearly Everything, (T-SWINE), further tend to the support of the Law, exposed 1500 years after Moses in Matthew 25:14-30. The more Talents received, the more Talents earned. Unable to keep up, the servant with the one Talent got cast into foreclosure, of its kind. Anyone can apply the Pythagorean Theorem. The household should have been enriched 8 Talents, but was only enriched 7 Talents. (The decimal point would not be invented for another 1000 years. The deity concept had already been invented, even before Sinai(?). . .at least in the invented stories(?).)

Many would guess it was probably a theme park invention. Little kids could even ride between the waves(?).

A remedy was proposed in Matthew 20:1-16, not unlike the "Make Work Pay Refundable Income Tax Credit," equal amount payments to income tax filers--even if they had no refund coming. If work doesn't pay: Then you have the history of the planet, all thanks to the Moses Atrocity, already noted. If people have spending money, then a market place can happen, if in a central area near you.

Usury could be said the original civilizing math. Out of the jungle I come, and ask you to lend me three barley bags. In return you get four, the fourth there is. You take the fourth and create barley beer, the actual precursor of all the fifth stuff(?). The fourth stuff was usury, an arithmetic concept. Instead of myself wandering around in a search for food, then a community of farmers with a food supply could be created.

To his credit, Moses did prohibit that in Israel!

Trump's people had been getting screwed. The Democrats also do the math. Senator Sanders proposed the community college free tuition. So the already prosperous, college faculty get a federal subsidy. The New Hippie Trump voters get the same old law and math. At least Anne Coulter can call it a four-year vacation from anything having much to do with anything.

So far, UC is not amused.

Senator Warren is so far not on board with much of the Democratic Party--reliant on Harvard Liberals(?)--herself.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(T-SWINE(?), advocating "No business as usual(?). Real Hippie McGovernites actually had something else in mind, compared with a government shutdown! The Republicans took away the "Make Work Pay Refundable Income Tax Credit," first order of business, after winning in the mid-terms--and wondering why they call it that(?)!)

Why should they? What's he offering the miscreants from the Douche Bag Party to side with him ?

The Repulsivecans could have stuck to their (supposed) fiscally conservative guns on this budget but chose not to because they're deathly afraid of a government shutdown (meaning they have ZERO leverage because they've given it all away) and to add a healthy dose of comedy to this already ludicrous situation now President Blowhard says he wants a shutdown.... in SEPTEMBER yet was criticizing the Dickheads last week for threatening a shutdown.

The Grotesque Odious Party; they're always one election, one budget cycle, one SCOTUS justice away from actually living up to the principles they say they espouse.
And you like the principles they espouse right? They just keep letting you down is all. Got it.

the republicans are not hamstrung by anyone, but themselves.

They CHOSE to go the routes they've gone, they chose to break our institution's regular order, and not allow the minority party to join them in producing a health care bill, or a tax bill... republicans CHOSE the route of shoving major legislation that will affect an entire generation without one itty bit of input from 50% of the country's representatives....for goodness sake!!!!

not one single hearing on two of the largest bills in our country's history... NOT 1.

And you claim it's NOT the Republicans fault that they have no support from the very people who represent half the nation? :lol: PLEASEEEEEEEEE.... CUT ME A BREAK! That's simply bull crud as far as the eye can see!

The republicans are poisoning themselves, basically. I welcome a shutdown. Maybe once the Trump supporters start realizing they're getting fucked ... but no, actually, as long as they think Trump hates minorities, they won't mind going hungry.

The fact is that Republicans have decided to do this without any Democrats. They are the ones who made this partisan.

Forum List

Back