Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

You were complaining about funding bad art.

I was complaining about funding any art. If I wasn't clear in that, let me be now.
Why are you opposed to funding art?
Because of a $20 trillion debt.
Art is very important, and needs to be funded.
Most of you probably pay about a dollar a year in federal taxes towards public broadcasting.

I am willing to sponsor any one of you, at 1 dollar a year, to relieve this hardship, on the condition that the person I sponsor promises to quit crying about that hardship.
Prove that it's only $1.

In the financial year for 2010, the CPB reported receiving $506 million in federal appropriations. According to the White House’s Office of Management and Budget, the federal budget for 2010 was $3.456 trillion. Using those numbers, the CPB receives about .00014 percent of the federal budget.

Poll: Americans way off on public broadcasting funding - On Media

Trump's wall costs 0% of the budget. Yet you cry and moan like a bitch about the cost.

Where does the sudden change of stance stem from?

When did I bitch about the wall, other than to say Trump won't build and Mexico won't pay for it?

btw, do most Americans want the wall? Most Americans want public broadcasting funded.
I don't.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

In related news.......

Turkey shuts 15 media outlets and arrests opposition editor
Editor of the Cumhuriyet secularist newspaper arrested in dawn raids with 10,000 more civil servants sacked for alleged terror links

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Lambasting the press is not suppressing the press.
surely you can see he needs no monitors to appoint, he's doing it without them.

how? The media can be a shrill as it wants to be, as partisan as it wants to be. Their problem is they have been claiming for years to be impartial, and that is clearly not the case. If the masses choose to ignore them for that, then it isn't Trumps fault, or the people's fault.

But I digress, it is The Congress with the power to impact the lives of every American, and yet, The Congress protects its membership from much they do. We have 535 people whose number one priority is to protect their job, and in doing so provide to their benefactors so that they too will be taken care of every two or six years, depending on the chamber in which they work part time.
BS. That may be the IDEA, but most of the time these assholes are either working for special interest benefit or their own, trying to get re-elected...or off playing golf.

The only defense for trump's constant parade and a stream of provable lies and misinformation is to attack the sources that prove those lies by insisting there is a vast global conspiracy of news media to make him look bad and hurt his feelings.
The butt hurt is all yours. He's winning left and right and any criticism of the leftist media outlets has you jackals howling at the moon. You can't see how stupid you look?

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

NPR and PBS have not done itself any favors by having one-sided content. Further, PBS in particular does a solid job of getting corporate donations. The Left is now going to cry that Trump is trying to kill Big Bird. Bullshit. Big Bird is fine on his own and can hang with Mickey Mouse who does not take taxpayer funds.

Mississippi, the most conservative state in the US, funds public broadcasting. As does every other state if I'm not mistaken, including all the red ones.
So? Doesn't mean it isn't high time to shut it down, get it off the tax dollar teat. Perhaps Soros could spend more money on PBS/NPR and less on riots, protests, and attempts to de-legitimize the US government.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

So defunding a state run media is neutralizing the press? Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, the NYT, MSNBC, Huffpo, Washington Post, Washington Times, AP, Reuters, who are all self sustaining, who are all still in business are going to keep us up to date with the news. PBS and NPR will then be free to be more critical and liberal than they already are. It would be a huge win/win.

We have a government of the People, and the People's representatives fund PBS and NPR.

Well that's ending.

Yes, many fear that a government of the People is ending.
Yes, many stupid people exist. They think they can speak for everyone and that the bigger the government is the more it represents the people. This level of stupidity cannot be fixed, just stomped on when the need arises.

In related news.......

Turkey shuts 15 media outlets and arrests opposition editor
Editor of the Cumhuriyet secularist newspaper arrested in dawn raids with 10,000 more civil servants sacked for alleged terror links

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Lambasting the press is not suppressing the press.
When that happens, the Drumpfsters will wholeheartedly support him.

No, we won't, unlike party hacks like yourself, some of us stand to our principles first.

Your only principle is, how can we jigger government around so that your minority opinions can tyrannize the majority.

The only tyranny is coming out of your side these days, from BAKE OR DIE, to shutting down campus speech, to ignoring immigration laws, to vendettas against anyone who questions AGW, you are the fascist these days, not us.

Part of what makes it good is the relatively small amount of commercial interruption which is what funds for profit broadcasting.
Well then it's time you join the reality of media. Someone has to pay for it and forcing us all to dig into our pockets so you don't have to be inconvenienced like the rest of us is wrong.

We have a government of the People, and the People's representatives fund PBS and NPR.

The problem is NPR doesn't represent the people - it represents Liberals.

And now the people's representatives are about to NOT fund PBS and NPR.

:clap:

NPR allows people like you to present their opinion, unfettered and uncensored. Something you would know if you ever listened to the wide variety of their programming. Claiming a liberal / progressive bias is to use these words as pejoratives, thus your bias is a claim with no basis in fact; in fact it is one of the BIG LIES by those frightened of ideas which may conflict with their opinions.

Today is Science Friday, check it out. And, before looking at the who and making a judgment, listen to the logic. You may actually learn something:

Listen - Science Friday

A more fiscally responsible one where money is no longer forcible taken from the few so that you can see bad art?

Good.
Whether art is good or bad is an opinion. Do you really believe in censoring art?

Never, but nor do I believe in stealing from some to fund art for others.

I was complaining about funding any art. If I wasn't clear in that, let me be now.

Can you support art on your own? You know like make donations.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

So defunding a state run media is neutralizing the press? Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, the NYT, MSNBC, Huffpo, Washington Post, Washington Times, AP, Reuters, who are all self sustaining, who are all still in business are going to keep us up to date with the news. PBS and NPR will then be free to be more critical and liberal than they already are. It would be a huge win/win.

Not if we stop funding it. Then it can find it's own funding.

Its early days yet.....Give the orange clown some more time; not even Mussolini had the press muted in a week.

The press is muted? NPR, PBS have little news content, most of it is discussing the news, much like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, a 100 plus radio talk shows. You'd have a point if there were few media outlets.
It's difficult to wade through the negative and snarky coverage and find anything positive on NPR these days. PBS is more balanced, but NPR is nothing but Globalist propaganda.
Is there really anything wrong with getting more than one perspective? Where do you think that will come from if its gone?

More than one place to find different perspectives. Tons of internet news sites, international news sites, AP, Reuters, Radio stations all over the place, add to that local and national news sources. We have a wealth of perspective.

Tavis will have to find a real job. :lol:

1411527065083_Image_galleryImage_LOS_ANGELES_CA_September_.JPG

Shit eating art...
I am a professional artist and was a taught art in primary school, secondary school and college. I have never heard of shit eating art.

Do you need government to pay you a salary or prop you up?

Whether art is good or bad is an opinion. Do you really believe in censoring art?

Don't give that excuse when you plan to spend 12 billion on the Wall.

You see only the negatives of building a wall. I see a cost savings of $160 billion annually taking care of illegals....untold jobs created along with increased revenue.....reduced costs to ICE transporting illegals, court costs, food and temporary housing....so-on.

...which will save us much more than that. That's the whole idea.

Forum List

Back