Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

Maybe Soros will pick up the slack.

Yeah, NPR and PBS could survive fine with rich Democrat private funding. They don't need Taxpayer-funding. It's time for it to end.

Do you consider David Koch to be a rich Democrat? Are you that ignorant?

They can survive without Taxpayer-funding. It's time for it to end.

And then parents can survive without massive tax breaks for having had children.

I'm good with that.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

In related news.......

Turkey shuts 15 media outlets and arrests opposition editor
Editor of the Cumhuriyet secularist newspaper arrested in dawn raids with 10,000 more civil servants sacked for alleged terror links

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Lambasting the press is not suppressing the press.
When that happens, the Drumpfsters will wholeheartedly support him.

No, we won't, unlike party hacks like yourself, some of us stand to our principles first.

Yep, in most cases your principles are, "I got mine, fuck the rest of you"; but in your case, someone who pisses and moans about a fee to by a gun, your guiding principle is simplified, "fuck the rest of you".

Why are you opposed to funding art?
Because of a $20 trillion debt.
Don't give that excuse when you plan to spend 12 billion on the Wall.
You see only the negatives of building a wall. I see a cost savings of $160 billion annually taking care of illegals....untold jobs created along with increased revenue.....reduced costs to ICE transporting illegals, court costs, food and temporary housing....so-on.
Uh huh. You got enough for a wall, you got enough for PBS. According to Carbiner, the government funds 15% of its operating costs. It's not going to break Washington to pay for one worthwhile television station.

With several hundred cable channels.....there is no need to fund PBS or NPR........or the endowment for arts and humanities........too many rich left wingers who can do that...
The reason they're rich is because they're tightwads.

They prefer speaking out in support of taxing the middle-class.

Tavis will have to find a real job. :lol:

1411527065083_Image_galleryImage_LOS_ANGELES_CA_September_.JPG

WBAI, communist Pacifica radio calling.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

In related news.......

Editor of the Cumhuriyet secularist newspaper arrested in dawn raids with 10,000 more civil servants sacked for alleged terror links

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

No, we won't, unlike party hacks like yourself, some of us stand to our principles first.

Yep, in most cases your principles are, "I got mine, fuck the rest of you"; but in your case, someone who pisses and moans about a fee to by a gun, your guiding principle is simplified, "fuck the rest of you".

The same vulgarity that the nation was subjected to in the Lemming Mar....er, 'Women's March" last weekend.

What is wrong with Liberals....?
(don't answer that...it was rhetorical and the answer is evident)

THis is fantastic news.

Anyone who cries about the taxpayer subsidies going to these entities should fund it themselves.

I am sure the snowflakes can easily fund the $500 million per year that the taxpayers currently give NPR.

Now that the Clinton Global Initiative is closing, many snowflakes need somewhere else to donate their money. This is perfect.

I was complaining about funding any art. If I wasn't clear in that, let me be now.
You see only the negatives of building a wall. I see a cost savings of $160 billion annually taking care of illegals....untold jobs created along with increased revenue.....reduced costs to ICE transporting illegals, court costs, food and temporary housing....so-on.
Uh huh. You got enough for a wall, you got enough for PBS. According to Carbiner, the government funds 15% of its operating costs. It's not going to break Washington to pay for one worthwhile television station.
No......but we don’t have to fund a hate-filled, anti-Trump, opinion oriented, counter-productive station.

funny-mr-bean-gif.gif.cf.gif

In related news.......

And your motto is " I want the government to fuck you reealll good..."

You are a former cog of the machine, and a willing bitch to the government your opinion of anything is useless.

Time for some of these useless assholes to get a little dose of private sector accountability. :badgrin:

Outside of the government Land of Oz, people have to show the value of their work and measurable resuts. Otherwise, you are fired.

Its early days yet.....Give the orange clown some more time; not even Mussolini had the press muted in a week.

The press is muted? NPR, PBS have little news content, most of it is discussing the news, much like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, a 100 plus radio talk shows. You'd have a point if there were few media outlets.
It's difficult to wade through the negative and snarky coverage and find anything positive on NPR these days. PBS is more balanced, but NPR is nothing but Globalist propaganda.
Is there really anything wrong with getting more than one perspective? Where do you think that will come from if its gone?
I see no problem with getting more than one perspective. We get that everyday at Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, etc....
Why must we pay for the liberal perspective with taxpayer's money???
the liberal perspective

Why must we always proceed on Yahoo Articles of Faith?

NPR and PBS should become Trump's response to the MSM. He could fire all the snowflakes currently stealing taxpayer money and then put in all of his own people and they can steal taxpayer money while spinning everything PRO TRUMP ADMINISTRATION.

It can be Trump's Pravda.

About time. State funded media is a bad idea. We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.

Besides, if NPR and PBS programming is as quality as many say, it will have no problem thriving in a free market.
PBS begs viewers for donations. They don't need our tax dollars.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.
Insert braying jackass video here.

About time. State funded media is a bad idea. We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.

Besides, if NPR and PBS programming is as quality as many say, it will have no problem thriving in a free market.
Guess we'll see won't we?

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

Eliminating state run media leads to "government gaining complete control of what the public is allowed to know"?

Wow, that's some logic you got there.
It's the same logic that screams "censorship!" when government won't pay for art.

I was complaining about funding any art. If I wasn't clear in that, let me be now.
The question is not if it will break the government. The question is if the government should be in the business of funding television in the first place and particularly if the government should be funding news.

The clear answer here is a resounding no IMHO. There is no reason for the government to be funding news or entertainment.

Most of NPR's funding comes from listener support and donations from companies. Why a president would want to try to cut federal funding for NPR is beyond me. Trump is one sick fuck. He could cut federal funding for it, but NPR wouldn't go away -- period.

President piece of shit can take his authoritarian fascist fantasies and shove them up his fucking ass.

Wait...did you just say that "state funded" media is a bad idea? Not aware of what the Gropenfuherer just did are you? Let me guess...this is okay with you, right?

Trump moves to put his own stamp on Voice of America

Hollywood types can fund it with private donations. Soros can fund it himself. NPR and PBS already work for Soros, let's make it official and have Soros buy them outright.

Last edited:
Most of NPR's funding comes from listener support and donations from companies. Why a president would want to try to cut federal funding for NPR is beyond me. Trump is one sick fuck. He could cut federal funding for it, but NPR wouldn't go away -- period.

President piece of shit can take his authoritarian fascist fantasies and shove them up his fucking ass.
"authoritarian fascist fantasies"

Another one that seems to think that government funding of media is anti-fascist.

Explain, EXACTLY, how pulling funding from NPR constitutes an authoritarian fascist fantasy.

Forum List

Back