Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

Most of you probably pay about a dollar a year in federal taxes towards public broadcasting.

I am willing to sponsor any one of you, at 1 dollar a year, to relieve this hardship, on the condition that the person I sponsor promises to quit crying about that hardship.
Prove that it's only $1.

In the financial year for 2010, the CPB reported receiving $506 million in federal appropriations. According to the White House’s Office of Management and Budget, the federal budget for 2010 was $3.456 trillion. Using those numbers, the CPB receives about .00014 percent of the federal budget.

Poll: Americans way off on public broadcasting funding - On Media

Trump's wall costs 0% of the budget. Yet you cry and moan like a bitch about the cost.

Where does the sudden change of stance stem from?

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Its early days yet.....Give the orange clown some more time; not even Mussolini had the press muted in a week.

The press is muted? NPR, PBS have little news content, most of it is discussing the news, much like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, a 100 plus radio talk shows. You'd have a point if there were few media outlets.
It's difficult to wade through the negative and snarky coverage and find anything positive on NPR these days. PBS is more balanced, but NPR is nothing but Globalist propaganda.
Is there really anything wrong with getting more than one perspective? Where do you think that will come from if its gone?
I see no problem with getting more than one perspective. We get that everyday at Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, etc....
Why must we pay for the liberal perspective with taxpayer's money???
Yeah, NPR and PBS should NOT be payed for by the federal government. They have their noses/heads so far up the asses of progressives... they are part of them.

Definitely pull the tax dollar plug on NPR. It is Communist/Progressive Democrat propaganda. Taxpayers shouldn't be forced to fund that. NPR can survive fine on rich Democrat private funding.

However, i don't think PBS is quite as militant Left Wing. I mean, it is Democrat-biased for the most part. But if tweaked a bit, i could support some continued taxpayer support.
Listen to you. As long as they start saying what YOU want, you would agree to fund it. That is the whole problem in a nutshell. It is why Trump wants them gone. That is not the appropriate reason for defunding a news organization. The only commercial free one, left, I remind everyone.

NPR especially, has always refused to provide balance. All Taxpayers shouldn't be forced to fund it. It can go the private funding route. There's lots of rich Democrats out there.

PBS isn't quite as militant Democrat-biased, but it is biased. Many Americans have pleaded with NPR and PBS to provide balance, but they've refused. So i think it is time to end Taxpayer-funding.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

No worries Snowflake, you'll still have CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. You'll have an abundance of fake news to salivate over... but I won't have to pay for t.

Okay I can live with NPR going private. But defunding NEA sort of says something about what kind of a nation and culture we are turning into.

A more fiscally responsible one where money is no longer forcible taken from the few so that you can see bad art?

Good.
Whether art is good or bad is an opinion. Do you really believe in censoring art?

Never, but nor do I believe in stealing from some to fund art for others.
You were complaining about funding bad art.

I was complaining about funding any art. If I wasn't clear in that, let me be now.
Why are you opposed to funding art?

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.
I have been afraid of this. I will miss NPR/PBS terribly. It was a valuable haven of sanity and information in a more and more commercial-driven race for sensational news.
This is horrible. It's making me sick. Please someone tell me it's not true.
It's only for progressives, of course you're gonna like it...
But it's not. When is the last time you listened to PBS Newshour or NPR? They try harder than any other outlet to be factual and keep their opinions to themselves (unless it is an opinion panel).
October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg.cf.jpg

So defunding a state run media is neutralizing the press? Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, the NYT, MSNBC, Huffpo, Washington Post, Washington Times, AP, Reuters, who are all self sustaining, who are all still in business are going to keep us up to date with the news. PBS and NPR will then be free to be more critical and liberal than they already are. It would be a huge win/win.

So you listen to NPR and have some first-hand knowledge of their supposed bias? Can you give us an example from your own experience?

Fresh Air with Terry have long had a liberal bias, I admit that I have not listened to her in a few years but during the Bush years, she was critical of Bush. She is very low key however, there is a bias. Since it has been a few years I am going off past experience. I don't listen to politics on the radio anymore, I will listen to sports talk and music, that is now it. If NPR and PBS can't make it on their own they need to go.

A more fiscally responsible one where money is no longer forcible taken from the few so that you can see bad art?

Good.
Whether art is good or bad is an opinion. Do you really believe in censoring art?

I was complaining about funding any art. If I wasn't clear in that, let me be now.
Because of a $20 trillion debt.

Good.

Shit eating art...

You're truly a moron...

News is only a small part of what PBS provides.....and the news it DOES provide is far more nutritious than the pap on which you and your fellow trogs feed...

I've notice you appear incapable of engaging without logical fallacies.

Typical of lefties.

If what PBS provides is so darn good, it will thrive in a non-taxpayer subsidized market.

What are you afraid of?

Part of what makes it good is the relatively small amount of commercial interruption which is what funds for profit broadcasting.

Then you pay for it and leave the rest of us alone.

Only if you pay for my share of the amount I'd like to see cut from the military budget.
Dip shit, PBS in the NPR are only for progressives. They are worthless to the commonsense American

What would you know about common sense? You've proved to be nothing more than an echo of ignorance.

Do you know who David Koch is?

Do you consider him to be a progressive?

Have you ever listened to NPR?

Here's your chance:

NPR Politics Podcast

Of course as a member of the willfully ignorant caucus of the echo chamber, you won't check it out.

Shit eating art...
I am a professional artist and was a taught art in primary school, secondary school and college. I have never heard of shit eating art.

And Congress is controlled by WHO again...?

True.....and ALL future fuck ups (and there'll be TONS) are yours to "defend,"

Keep that same screen name Queasy and take the blame for royally screwing this country.

If the Congress, and in particular the Tea Party Caucus (oops, LOL, now calling themselves the Freedom Caucus) really were concerned about the nation's debt, they would lead by example.

They would:
  • cut their pay
  • cut their benefits
  • tax the donations they receive to keep their job as ordinary income
  • stop the boondoggles
  • stop logrolling

Art is very important, and needs to be funded.

What, you mean PBS gets government money?

Impossible!

Sit through the ten minutes of commercials at the start of each "Masterpiece" and then tell me it's non-commercial and sucks only government teat.

If the Congress, and in particular the Tea Party Caucus (oops, LOL, now calling themselves the Freedom Caucus) really were concerned about the nation's debt, they would lead by example.

They would:
  • cut their pay
  • cut their benefits
  • tax the donations they receive to keep their job as ordinary income
  • stop the boondoggles
  • stop logrolling
You just described everyone in the federal government, at least everyone in DC...

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Its early days yet.....Give the orange clown some more time; not even Mussolini had the press muted in a week.

The press is muted? NPR, PBS have little news content, most of it is discussing the news, much like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, a 100 plus radio talk shows. You'd have a point if there were few media outlets.
It's difficult to wade through the negative and snarky coverage and find anything positive on NPR these days. PBS is more balanced, but NPR is nothing but Globalist propaganda.
Is there really anything wrong with getting more than one perspective? Where do you think that will come from if its gone?

NPR isn't balanced. It's Communist/Progressive Democrat propaganda. It refuses to provide balance. So taxpayer-funding should end.

Wow, another stupid person with an opinion based on ignorance. It's no wonder trump was elected, thankfully millions of voters were smart enough to vote for others.

NPR isn't balanced. It's Communist/Progressive Democrat propaganda. It refuses to provide balance. So taxpayer-funding should end.

Wow, another stupid person with an opinion based on ignorance. It's no wonder trump was elected, thankfully millions of voters were smart enough to vote for others.
Actually he was spot on. If you don't think so you have either never listened to it or are a partisan liberal...imo

Forum List

Back