Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

Okay I can live with NPR going private. But defunding NEA sort of says something about what kind of a nation and culture we are turning into.

A more fiscally responsible one where money is no longer forcible taken from the few so that you can see bad art?

Good.
Whether art is good or bad is an opinion. Do you really believe in censoring art?

Never, but nor do I believe in stealing from some to fund art for others.
You were complaining about funding bad art.

Okay I can live with NPR going private. But defunding NEA sort of says something about what kind of a nation and culture we are turning into.

A more fiscally responsible one where money is no longer forcible taken from the few so that you can see bad art?

Good.
Whether art is good or bad is an opinion. Do you really believe in censoring art?

I was complaining about funding any art. If I wasn't clear in that, let me be now.

Most of you probably pay about a dollar a year in federal taxes towards public broadcasting.

I am willing to sponsor any one of you, at 1 dollar a year, to relieve this hardship, on the condition that the person I sponsor promises to quit crying about that hardship.
Who said it was a hardship? Why is it that when you ask a lib to get his paws out of your pocket they see you as complaining about a hardship?

If a station is worthwhile they can self sustain. Increase your donations and I'll buy a beer with my buck.

Most of you probably pay about a dollar a year in federal taxes towards public broadcasting.

I am willing to sponsor any one of you, at 1 dollar a year, to relieve this hardship, on the condition that the person I sponsor promises to quit crying about that hardship.
Who said it was a hardship? Why is it that when you ask a lib to get his paws out of your pocket they see you as complaining about a hardship?

If a station is worthwhile they can self sustain. Increase your donations and I'll buy a beer with my buck.
Don't go to buffalo wild wings then. 4.50 a beer. And that's the cheap stuff.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

OMG this is awesome, he could be on Mt Rushmore with decisions like this.

Don't go to buffalo wild wings then. 4.50 a beer. And that's the cheap stuff.
Trader Joes. They have a 8.4% for $5 a six pack.

Amen. It's not about hardship. It's about theft of my paycheck for bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely pull the tax dollar plug on NPR. It is Communist/Progressive Democrat propaganda. Taxpayers shouldn't be forced to fund that. NPR can survive fine on rich Democrat private funding.

However, i don't think PBS is quite as militant Left Wing. I mean, it is Democrat-biased for the most part. But if tweaked a bit, i could support some continued taxpayer support.

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Its early days yet.....Give the orange clown some more time; not even Mussolini had the press muted in a week.

The press is muted? NPR, PBS have little news content, most of it is discussing the news, much like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, a 100 plus radio talk shows. You'd have a point if there were few media outlets.
It's difficult to wade through the negative and snarky coverage and find anything positive on NPR these days. PBS is more balanced, but NPR is nothing but Globalist propaganda.
Is there really anything wrong with getting more than one perspective? Where do you think that will come from if its gone?

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Its early days yet.....Give the orange clown some more time; not even Mussolini had the press muted in a week.

The press is muted? NPR, PBS have little news content, most of it is discussing the news, much like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, a 100 plus radio talk shows. You'd have a point if there were few media outlets.
It's difficult to wade through the negative and snarky coverage and find anything positive on NPR these days. PBS is more balanced, but NPR is nothing but Globalist propaganda.
Is there really anything wrong with getting more than one perspective? Where do you think that will come from if its gone?

NPR isn't balanced. It's Communist/Progressive Democrat propaganda. It refuses to provide balance. So taxpayer-funding should end.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.
I have been afraid of this. I will miss NPR/PBS terribly. It was a valuable haven of sanity and information in a more and more commercial-driven race for sensational news.
This is horrible. It's making me sick. Please someone tell me it's not true.
It's only for progressives, of course you're gonna like it...
But it's not. When is the last time you listened to PBS Newshour or NPR? They try harder than any other outlet to be factual and keep their opinions to themselves (unless it is an opinion panel).

Good.

I was complaining about funding any art. If I wasn't clear in that, let me be now.
You've got a name like Eflatminor and you don't feel support for the arts is important? That's interesting.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.
I have been afraid of this. I will miss NPR/PBS terribly. It was a valuable haven of sanity and information in a more and more commercial-driven race for sensational news.
This is horrible. It's making me sick. Please someone tell me it's not true.
It's only for progressives, of course you're gonna like it...
But it's not. When is the last time you listened to PBS Newshour or NPR? They try harder than any other outlet to be factual and keep their opinions to themselves (unless it is an opinion panel).
Not really, no broadcasting organization should be paid for by the government anyways. And the little I've seen of them they are flaming progresses…

You're truly a moron...

News is only a small part of what PBS provides.....and the news it DOES provide is far more nutritious than the pap on which you and your fellow trogs feed...

I've notice you appear incapable of engaging without logical fallacies.

Typical of lefties.

If what PBS provides is so darn good, it will thrive in a non-taxpayer subsidized market.

What are you afraid of?

Part of what makes it good is the relatively small amount of commercial interruption which is what funds for profit broadcasting.

Then you pay for it and leave the rest of us alone.

Only if you pay for my share of the amount I'd like to see cut from the military budget.

Constitution requires we maintain a military. Not so for a radio station.

Besides, as a libertarian, I suspect I'd cut military interventionism and spending to a far greater degree that you would. CERTAINLY that Clinton would have.
It doesn't require that we maintain a military at all. Article 1 Section 8 says Congress has the power "To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years..." So in reality we're not supposed to maintain a standing army at all.

Prove that it's only $1.

In the financial year for 2010, the CPB reported receiving $506 million in federal appropriations. According to the White House’s Office of Management and Budget, the federal budget for 2010 was $3.456 trillion. Using those numbers, the CPB receives about .00014 percent of the federal budget.

Poll: Americans way off on public broadcasting funding - On Media
That doesn't prove that "Most of you probably pay about a dollar a year."

Definitely pull the tax dollar plug on NPR. It is Communist/Progressive Democrat propaganda. Taxpayers shouldn't be forced to fund that. NPR can survive fine on rich Democrat private funding.

However, i don't think PBS is quite as militant Left Wing. I mean, it is Democrat-biased for the most part. But if tweaked a bit, i could support some continued taxpayer support.
Listen to you. As long as they start saying what YOU want, you would agree to fund it. That is the whole problem in a nutshell. It is why Trump wants them gone. That is not the appropriate reason for defunding a news organization. The only commercial free one, left, I remind everyone.

I see no problem with getting more than one perspective. We get that everyday at Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, etc....
Why must we pay for the liberal perspective with taxpayer's money???

Forum List

Back