🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media.

The media has totally discredited itself, and Trump is calling them on it. 'Fake News', 'All-In', Refusing to report news due to bias / agenda, etc....we finally have a President who is calling them out, although IMO this problem with the news has never been this bad before.

NPR, however, has been little more than a liberal propaganda / elitist media for decades now, and it is about time tax dollars were cut off from such a blatantly biased federal govt-funded organization. If liberals want so badly for it to remain on the air let them pull money out of their own pockets to pay for it.

There is no "news" any more. There are just opinions shouted at each other
Zappa once said that art paid for by the state is called "propaganda"

So Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel was propaganda. I fundamentally disagree with Zappa. If I won't listen to Madanna's views because they don't make sense, I sure won't listen to Frank Zappa either.
Actually, yes the Sistine Chapel was a form of propaganda. Unfortunately for Pope Julius II, Michaelangelo was deeply influenced by the Kabbalists the Medicis invited to Florence and painted a ceiling exclusively with Old Testament characters and stories

You also confused the church with the state

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

So defunding a state run media is neutralizing the press? Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, the NYT, MSNBC, Huffpo, Washington Post, Washington Times, AP, Reuters, who are all self sustaining, who are all still in business are going to keep us up to date with the news. PBS and NPR will then be free to be more critical and liberal than they already are. It would be a huge win/win.
The defunding of NPR is only one of his efforts. His constant attack on other media sources is another part of the effort, the main one.

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Its early days yet.....Give the orange clown some more time; not even Mussolini had the press muted in a week.

The press is muted? NPR, PBS have little news content, most of it is discussing the news, much like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, a 100 plus radio talk shows. You'd have a point if there were few media outlets.
It's difficult to wade through the negative and snarky coverage and find anything positive on NPR these days. PBS is more balanced, but NPR is nothing but Globalist propaganda.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

In related news.......

Turkey shuts 15 media outlets and arrests opposition editor
Editor of the Cumhuriyet secularist newspaper arrested in dawn raids with 10,000 more civil servants sacked for alleged terror links

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Lambasting the press is not suppressing the press.
surely you can see he needs no monitors to appoint, he's doing it without them.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Consumers are responsible for choosing how they navigate through the news, not the government. Most of your post is purely speculative subjective opinion. The government, and particularly government officials should have no role in determining who consumers get their news from. That only happens in authoritarian regimes. The news like other businesses in a free state should be controlled by the free market and competition. If the media outlets are putting out false or fake news, that is the determination of the public and the free market will turn to the outlets that they deem reliable.

No, it is not speculation. The left owns all the major media outlets. Anyone can find that out. In your opinion then, it would be correct for Trump to defund any government participation in broadcasting. I think we don't need to pay for it with tax dollars as there are a million channels out there to watch anyway.

But you're missing the point by stating something ridiculous. He's not doing anything to the media but refusing to play the game they've been playing by worshipping Obama and Hillary. They are totally biased. And I do treat them like free market myself. I get news from elsewhere.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.
We can only hope so, PBS and NPR are just a progressive dick sucking contest...

Last edited:
We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.
WRONG.
Putin's gov funds RT News and it has been effective in duping naive Americans.
A CIA report cited their propaganda.
The US needs its own news outlets based on more objective reporting & educational-scientific issues to counter the Kremlin crap.

Another idea so good, it has to be mandatory.

I call bullshit.

NPR has proven for decades its left leaning bias. There is no objective reporting, ESPECIALLY when the reporter's livelihood is dependent upon the very government they're reporting on.

Zappa once said that art paid for by the state is called "propaganda"
When liberals defended a statue of the Virgin Mary covered in elephant dung as 'art' I knew they needed to be cut off....

It was urine. And I hated it too but am not willing to fall into the media trap of wanting to dismantle something just because there is one thing that I disagree with.

Well that's easy to resolve. Their whole method of funding is disagreeable.

If they want to continue operating, the content should be paid for voluntarily, not by forcing people who disagree with the leftist views pay for it.

Conflict solved!

The Congress voluntarily appropriates the funding. I'm pretty sure every state in the union provides some funding to public broadcasting, even the most conservative ones.

This is the will of the People at work. Trump is trying to forcibly advance the agenda of the usual suspects in the rightwing nuthouse.

Well, if it floats your boat, I suppose Trump could just redirect all of the money to the heritage foundation. If this nonsense is truly what you believe, let's give the money to an uber conservative hardcore nazi right wing station. It's the will of the people, you voluntarily agreed to have your money spent this way.

Or you could just learn to not dish what you can't eat and shut the hell up. That's probably a good idea for those with an IQ of a cretin. Better to keep your mouth shut than to open it all remove all doubt.

Why would Trump fund rightwing broadcasting if the People don't want that?

I have been afraid of this. I will miss NPR/PBS terribly. It was a valuable haven of sanity and information in a more and more commercial-driven race for sensational news.
This is horrible. It's making me sick. Please someone tell me it's not true.

It's mostly paid advertising [emoji57]

He and republicans have CREATED their own media propaganda arm... haven't you been paying attention, and hired with our tax dollars two right wing bloggers to run it!!!!!!

:eek::eek:

The only defense for trump's constant parade and a stream of provable lies and misinformation is to attack the sources that prove those lies by insisting there is a vast global conspiracy of news media to make him look bad and hurt his feelings.

We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.
WRONG.
The US needs its own news outlets based on more objective reporting & educational-scientific issues to counter the Kremlin crap.

I call bullshit.

NPR has proven for decades its left leaning bias. There is no objective reporting, ESPECIALLY when the reporter's livelihood is dependent upon the very government they're reporting on.

So NPR is going to be dependent on the Trump government for the next four years, and that's going to affect its broadcasting?

About time. State funded media is a bad idea. We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.

Besides, if NPR and PBS programming is as quality as many say, it will have no problem thriving in a free market.
You're truly a moron...

News is only a small part of what PBS provides.....and the news it DOES provide is far more nutritious than the pap on which you and your fellow trogs feed...

I've notice you appear incapable of engaging without logical fallacies.

Typical of lefties.

If what PBS provides is so darn good, it will thrive in a non-taxpayer subsidized market.

What are you afraid of?

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

I want to know the name of the idiot who encouraged you to believe that whatever passes through your tiny skull is relevant..

Link?

Do your own homework. You're obviously a leftie because they always resort to name calling and insults instead of evidence to refute, of which you've provided none.

So defunding a state run media is neutralizing the press? Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, the NYT, MSNBC, Huffpo, Washington Post, Washington Times, AP, Reuters, who are all self sustaining, who are all still in business are going to keep us up to date with the news. PBS and NPR will then be free to be more critical and liberal than they already are. It would be a huge win/win.

We have a government of the People, and the People's representatives fund PBS and NPR.

Well that's ending.

Yes, many fear that a government of the People is ending.

WRONG.

I call bullshit.

So NPR is going to be dependent on the Trump government for the next four years, and that's going to affect its broadcasting?

That makes absolutely no sense.

Put down the bowl of vodka and paint chips. Time for a nap.

About time. State funded media is a bad idea. We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.

Besides, if NPR and PBS programming is as quality as many say, it will have no problem thriving in a free market.
You're truly a moron...

News is only a small part of what PBS provides.....and the news it DOES provide is far more nutritious than the pap on which you and your fellow trogs feed...

I've notice you appear incapable of engaging without logical fallacies.

Typical of lefties.

If what PBS provides is so darn good, it will thrive in a non-taxpayer subsidized market.

What are you afraid of?

Part of what makes it good is the relatively small amount of commercial interruption which is what funds for profit broadcasting.

Forum List

Back