🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.
WRONG.
Putin's gov funds RT News and it has been effective in duping naive Americans.
A CIA report cited their propaganda.
The US needs its own news outlets based on more objective reporting & educational-scientific issues to counter the Kremlin crap.
Yep, PBS and NPR have been duping Americans for some time now, that's the whole problem. Odd that you think nursing off the public titty makes one objective.

LOL

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.
Relax. You clowns can still get your misinformation from MSLSD and CNN.
No one provides more misinformation than trump or his administration with provable lies every day.
Oh yeah? Have you been misinformed by Trump?
Is he not doing what he said he would?
Or are you just an idiot - a fool that picked his nose and his head caved in...
Trump misinforms every day. He is making proposals to implement his campaign promises, but it is all talk, smoke, and mirrors.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

Americans don't support defunding public broadcasting.

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About time. State funded media is a bad idea. We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.

Besides, if NPR and PBS programming is as quality as many say, it will have no problem thriving in a free market.
You're truly a moron...

News is only a small part of what PBS provides.....and the news it DOES provide is far more nutritious than the pap on which you and your fellow trogs feed...

Trump cannot "de-fund" anything. Congress controls the purse strings.

But having said that, public broadcasting was created at a time when there were THREE commercial television networks, one of which was sputtering in early development. There was concern that with only commercial networks, there was a need for programming and reporting that was not dependent on EVIL corporations for sponsorship.

Regardless, the whole thing was unconstitutional ab initio.

And the reason for which it was created no longer exists. The Public can access thousands of different sources of news, information, and programming, PBS being just one of them.

And of course it has become a Leftist propaganda machine.

Anything else?

No one provides more misinformation than trump or his administration with provable lies every day.
Oh yeah? Have you been misinformed by Trump?
Sure, all politicians lie. But Donald Trump is in a class by himself.
He lies strategically. He lies pointlessly. He lies about important things and meaningless things. Above all, he lies frequently. Since he began his campaign last June, the Republican presidential candidate has subjected America to a daily barrage of inaccuracy and mendacity.

Donald Trump: The unauthorized database of false things | Toronto Star

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

I want to know the name of the idiot who encouraged you to believe that whatever passes through your tiny skull is relevant..

Link?

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media.

The media has totally discredited itself, and Trump is calling them on it. 'Fake News', 'All-In', Refusing to report news due to bias / agenda, etc....we finally have a President who is calling them out, although IMO this problem with the news has never been this bad before.

NPR, however, has been little more than a liberal propaganda / elitist media for decades now, and it is about time tax dollars were cut off from such a blatantly biased federal govt-funded organization. If liberals want so badly for it to remain on the air let them pull money out of their own pockets to pay for it.

There is no "news" any more. There are just opinions shouted at each other
Zappa once said that art paid for by the state is called "propaganda"

So Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel was propaganda. I fundamentally disagree with Zappa. If I won't listen to Madanna's views because they don't make sense, I sure won't listen to Frank Zappa either.

Trump cannot "de-fund" anything. Congress controls the purse strings.

But having said that, public broadcasting was created at a time when there were THREE commercial television networks, one of which was sputtering in early development. There was concern that with only commercial networks, there was a need for programming and reporting that was not dependent on EVIL corporations for sponsorship.

Regardless, the whole thing was unconstitutional ab initio.

And the reason for which it was created no longer exists. The Public can access thousands of different sources of news, information, and programming, PBS being just one of them.

Anything else?

Anything else?

Yeah.....what the fuck is it with you cretins and "Bold Assertion"?

Zappa once said that art paid for by the state is called "propaganda"
When liberals defended a statue of the Virgin Mary covered in elephant dung as 'art' I knew they needed to be cut off....

It was urine. And I hated it too but am not willing to fall into the media trap of wanting to dismantle something just because there is one thing that I disagree with.

We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.
WRONG.
Putin's gov funds RT News and it has been effective in duping naive Americans.
A CIA report cited their propaganda.
The US needs its own news outlets based on more objective reporting & educational-scientific issues to counter the Kremlin crap.
Yep, PBS and NPR have been duping Americans for some time now, that's the whole problem. Odd that you think nursing off the public titty makes one objective.

LOL
Duping?

IceIce,

You're an uninformed pillock.....

How would you know "dupe" from "Notdupe"?

The left "bought" the media? Ummm, look at the shareholders of CBS and Comcast NBC Uni. They are not leftists, my friend.

I have been afraid of this. I will miss NPR/PBS terribly. It was a valuable haven of sanity and information in a more and more commercial-driven race for sensational news.
This is horrible. It's making me sick. Please someone tell me it's not true.

Consumers are responsible for choosing how they navigate through the news, not the government. Most of your post is purely speculative subjective opinion. The government, and particularly government officials should have no role in determining who consumers get their news from. That only happens in authoritarian regimes. The news like other businesses in a free state should be controlled by the free market and competition. If the media outlets are putting out false or fake news, that is the determination of the public and the free market will turn to the outlets that they deem reliable.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

In related news.......

Turkey shuts 15 media outlets and arrests opposition editor
Editor of the Cumhuriyet secularist newspaper arrested in dawn raids with 10,000 more civil servants sacked for alleged terror links

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Lambasting the press is not suppressing the press.
When that happens, the Drumpfsters will wholeheartedly support him.

Forum List

Back