🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media.

The media has totally discredited itself, and Trump is calling them on it. 'Fake News', 'All-In', Refusing to report news due to bias / agenda, etc....we finally have a President who is calling them out, although IMO this problem with the news has never been this bad before.

NPR, however, has been little more than a liberal propaganda / elitist media for decades now, and it is about time tax dollars were cut off from such a blatantly biased federal govt-funded organization. If liberals want so badly for it to remain on the air let them pull money out of their own pockets to pay for it.
NO IT'S NOT! It tells the truth in depth on topics they feel are important. You don't have to listen, but how would you like it if he were trying to shut down Rush or that other neener head from Boston? It feels the same to me.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.
Yes TODAY the CEO will speak at the march for life parade along with his pos VP both of which want to tell women what they can or cannot do with their bodies Nothing more important to attend to than that CEO ??

I don't think he was invited to last weekends march.

Zappa once said that art paid for by the state is called "propaganda"
When liberals defended a statue of the Virgin Mary covered in elephant dung as 'art' I knew they needed to be cut off....

It was urine. And I hated it too but am not willing to fall into the media trap of wanting to dismantle something just because there is one thing that I disagree with.

Well that's easy to resolve. Their whole method of funding is disagreeable.

If they want to continue operating, the content should be paid for voluntarily, not by forcing people who disagree with the leftist views pay for it.

Conflict solved!

Somethings need defunded, PBS, Planned Parenthood and the NPR are some of them
I can't forgive you for that one. I knew he would do this--it is the only one he can hit, at least at the moment. He is stilling the sanest news source on the waves. This is worse, faster, than I dreamed. Don't do this to the country.

When liberals defended a statue of the Virgin Mary covered in elephant dung as 'art' I knew they needed to be cut off....

It was urine. And I hated it too but am not willing to fall into the media trap of wanting to dismantle something just because there is one thing that I disagree with.

If they want to continue operating, the content should be paid for voluntarily, not by forcing people who disagree with the leftist views pay for it.

Conflict solved!

The Congress voluntarily appropriates the funding. I'm pretty sure every state in the union provides some funding to public broadcasting, even the most conservative ones.

This is the will of the People at work. Trump is trying to forcibly advance the agenda of the usual suspects in the rightwing nuthouse.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

So defunding a state run media is neutralizing the press? Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, the NYT, MSNBC, Huffpo, Washington Post, Washington Times, AP, Reuters, who are all self sustaining, who are all still in business are going to keep us up to date with the news. PBS and NPR will then be free to be more critical and liberal than they already are. It would be a huge win/win.

Somethings need defunded, PBS, Planned Parenthood and the NPR are some of them
I can't forgive you for that one. I knew he would do this--it is the only one he can hit, at least at the moment. He is stilling the sanest news source on the waves. This is worse, faster, than I dreamed. Don't do this to the country.

Yeah...don't do this to this country...I said it for the last eight years

The National Endowment for the Arts was . established in 1965. It's time for it to go.

On whose say-so? The American people don't support defunding it.
I do.

Well, you're on the RW crackpot fringe. Big surprise.
And you need a huge, unaccountable, and bankrupt government to think and do everything for you.
Next.

Who told you to say that?

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

So defunding a state run media is neutralizing the press? Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, the NYT, MSNBC, Huffpo, Washington Post, Washington Times, AP, Reuters, who are all self sustaining, who are all still in business are going to keep us up to date with the news. PBS and NPR will then be free to be more critical and liberal than they already are. It would be a huge win/win.

So you listen to NPR and have some first-hand knowledge of their supposed bias? Can you give us an example from your own experience?

We have a government of the People, and the People's representatives fund PBS and NPR.

Conflict solved!

The Congress voluntarily appropriates the funding. I'm pretty sure every state in the union provides some funding to public broadcasting, even the most conservative ones.

This is the will of the People at work. Trump is trying to forcibly advance the agenda of the usual suspects in the rightwing nuthouse.

Well, if it floats your boat, I suppose Trump could just redirect all of the money to the heritage foundation. If this nonsense is truly what you believe, let's give the money to an uber conservative hardcore nazi right wing station. It's the will of the people, you voluntarily agreed to have your money spent this way.

Or you could just learn to not dish what you can't eat and shut the hell up. That's probably a good idea for those with an IQ of a cretin. Better to keep your mouth shut than to open it all remove all doubt.

We have a government of the People, and the People's representatives fund PBS and NPR.

Well that's ending.

Not related at all. When Trump starts sending thugs to the NYT and MSNBC, or appoints monitors to said organization, then you would have a point.

Its early days yet.....Give the orange clown some more time; not even Mussolini had the press muted in a week.

The press is muted? NPR, PBS have little news content, most of it is discussing the news, much like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, a 100 plus radio talk shows. You'd have a point if there were few media outlets.

About time. State funded media is a bad idea. We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.

Besides, if NPR and PBS programming is as quality as many say, it will have no problem thriving in a free market.
Most of the announcers and guests on NPR are from other countries, so let them pay for their own propaganda.

Forum List

Back