Trump U,republicans

Nice attempt at deflection.

I do agree student debt is a real problem. But there's a huge difference between legitimate universities, diploma mills like the University of Phoenix and outright scams like Trump U.
When you think you have an ounce of evidence to show that Trump U was a scam, bring it on.

For all those who think it's safe to call Trump U a "scam", this is for YOU >>>>

Just because a business gets complaints, that doesn't mean the complaints have an ounce of validity.
20 complaints ? If there were 2,000 customers, 20 complaints would be 1% of the customers (with 99% NOT complaining)
I owned a service business once, and got sued by a FEW dissatisfied customers. They all lost in court. They lost because their less than satisfactory results occured because they just didn't know what they were doing, with the service they received.
One is always going to get poor results if they're stupid. Answer ? Don't be stupid.

I owned a service business once, and got sued by a FEW dissatisfied customers. They all lost in court. They lost because their less than satisfactory results occured because they just didn't know what they were doing, with the service they received.
One is always going to get poor results if they're stupid. Answer ? Don't be stupid.

I own a service business, have had over 600 clients, and I haven't been sued once. I've only had ONE customer ever complain about the service she got, and the problem was quickly rectified.

But this isn't about a small business, guy. THis is about a major, nationwide organization that really, really should know better.

One that CLOSED DOWN after numerous complaints.

I own a service business, have had over 600 clients, and I haven't been sued once. I've only had ONE customer ever complain about the service she got, and the problem was quickly rectified.

But this isn't about a small business, guy. THis is about a major, nationwide organization that really, really should know better.

One that CLOSED DOWN after numerous complaints.
"Complaints" don't mean anything unless they're valid. So far, there hasn't been any evidence to show that they are. :rolleyes-41:

When you think you have an ounce of evidence to show that Trump U was a scam, bring it on.

You mean other than they are being sued in several states, and have already paid out numerous settlements?
Yeah. Being sued means nothing. Even paying settlements may not indicate wrongdoing, but sometimes is just an expediency. So yeah, other than that (and you haven't shown any evidence of "numerous settlements" either).

You mean other than they closed it down after they couldn't do business in a lot of states anymore?
Again, you make a claim, but evidence isn't presented with it.

When I closed my business, some people said I couldn't do business anymore. Actually, I was expanding, when I quit. I only quit and sold the business because I moved from California (unfit for human habitation), to Florida.

Again, you make a claim, but evidence isn't presented with it.

When I closed my business, some people said I couldn't do business anymore. Actually, I was expanding, when I quit. I only quit and sold the business because I moved from California (unfit for human habitation), to Florida.

You mean you got run out of town for being the crazy person... we know.

http://gizmodo.com/these-former-students-say-trump-university-was-a-scam-1726235122

Trump University was founded in 2005 but had to change its name to the Trump Entrepreneur Initiative in 2010, after the state of New York pointed out that it was misleading for an organization which didn’t hand out degrees to use the word “university” in its name.

By 2011 the New York State Attorney General was investigating Trump U and in 2013 that office filed a $40 million lawsuit claiming that over 5,000 people didn’t get the Trump-branded education in real estate sales that they had paid for. People attended Trump U seminars with the hope of learning how to flip houses. Instead, some say that they were simply pressured into buying education packages for tens of thousands of dollars.

After the New York AG’s office filed its civil suit, Trump promptly filed an ethics complaint—and says Attorney General Eric Schneiderman was just shaking his family down for campaign contributions. Trump and his executives claim that Trump University was completely legit. “At no time did we ever represent that it was a certified institution,” Alan Garten, executive vice president of the Trump Organization told the National Review last month. “It’s not like we were operating in the dark. We were open and notorious. We advertised it quite extensively. People knew exactly what we were doing, including the [state] department of education, and they were fine with it.”

I filed a freedom of information request with the Federal Trade Commission to see what kind of formal complaints have been filed with Trump University over the years. The complaints range from the relatively minor (one woman says she never received a free iPad she’d won at a seminar) to the major (other people claim they gave Trump U over $35,000 with little or nothing to show for it).

The FTC sent me a list with about 35 complaints, though it redacted the names and contact information for most of the people involved. Below are just a handful of the formal complaints filed with the FTC.

But wait, there is more!

Trump U. hit by complaints from those who paid up to 30G

Donld Trump charges would-be moguls up to $35,000 to "learn from the master" at his online Trump U.

For the mogul, it's a win-win proposition. For many who pay up - not so much.

Trump's business education company and an affiliate, Trump Institute, have been deluged by complaints from more than 150 students in at least 22 states claiming they've been cheated out of tens of thousands of dollars, the Daily News found.

Those complaining include dozens of retirees, veterans, laid-off workers and seniors living on fixed incomes, records show.

LOL

Alleged Donald Trump Bribery Scandal Gets Worse As Texas Moves To Muzzle Whistleblower
June 4, 2016Paul Phillips Politics

Texas AG Issues Cease And Desist To Quiet Former State Employee Exposing Scam
Donald Trump has to be getting more and more worried by the day. It appears the situation over his non-university is going from bad to worse and this is not a scandal he will be able to bury any time soon. It has been noted in recent days Trump made donations to state attorney generals in Texas and Florida and both decided against pursuing cases against Trump University (disclaimer: not a real university) to compensate victims of the ‘scam’. Now, current Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is trying to silence a former employee who exposed more truth about the state dropping the lawsuit.

The Associated Press reported Paxton has sent a cease and desist letter to former Deputy Chief of Consumer Protection John Owens on Friday. But why, you may be asking? Because Owens released an internal summary of the state’s case against Donald Trump and clearly Paxton and others didn’t want that getting out.

Owens comment about the “highly unusual” decision not to pursue the case was damning:
Sworn testimony from a former Trump U. manager said he believed it was a "fraudulent scheme" that "preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money."

Forum List

Back