Trump wants to allow religious institutions to openly advocate political views - tax-exempt

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.

Read The Draft Text Of Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech

So much for the separation of church and state.
i couldn't find that part.

LBJ was right and Trump says nothing about it in that speech. He's not a dingbat.

You couldn't find what? My OP? It's stated clearly in Trump's speech.
can you quote it? I didn't see it in your OP.

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.

Read The Draft Text Of Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech

Once again the far left shows they do not understand the Constitution..

See the far left hates Freedom of Speech!

The Johnson Amendment refers to a change in the U.S. tax code made in 1954 which prohibited tax-exempt organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates.

Contents
Johnson Amendment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree with then-Senator Lyndon B. Johnson.

Of course you would agree with a racist war monger..

Then again the far left proves they do not understand history.

i couldn't find that part.

LBJ was right and Trump says nothing about it in that speech. He's not a dingbat.

You couldn't find what? My OP? It's stated clearly in Trump's speech.
can you quote it? I didn't see it in your OP.

Are you serious? Click on the OP link and scroll down. If you know how to do a search on the speech - plug in the word "religious".

This is the same kind of shit that is going on in Turkey right now. The religious nutz and fundies want to rule.

Excellent.

Jefferson's "separation of church and state" does not have Constitutional weight, nor was it ever intended to curtail Christian free speech rights. It's purpose was to keep the State out of the religion business.

No it's purpose is to keep the national government out of the religion business, the supreme courts incorporation doctrine is BS. The 1st says "Congress shall pass no law".

churches should be taxed anyway. It's just a business anyway.

Like Unions?

Unions are the main builder of our middle class throughout the 20th century. Please learn some history!!!! Without them the rich would of kept taking it all and the worker would of been no better off then a work in vietnam.

churches should be taxed anyway. It's just a business anyway.

Like Unions?

Unions are the main builder of our middle class throughout the 20th century. Please learn some history!!!! Without them the rich would of kept taking it all and the worker would of been no better off then a work in vietnam.

And a far left drone comes in and proves my point!

They do not understand History, just far left religious dogma!

That was a smart concession to the Christian Fundamentalists. It doesn't cost him anything. The only problem is that the Muslims will enjoy the same rights. THAT could be a conflict with his immigration policy.

The Johnson Amendment refers to a change in the U.S. tax code made in 1954 which prohibited tax-exempt organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates.

Contents

Yeah, we weren't homeskooled or rode the short bus like you NaziCons.

Contents

Yeah, we weren't homeskooled or rode the short bus like you NaziCons.

See how the far left will deny real history in favor of far left religious dogma?

Look at this way, you sun worshippers can finally speak out in the political arena and not have to hide behind the far left religion anymore..

That was a smart concession to the Christian Fundamentalists. It doesn't cost him anything. The only problem is that the Muslims will enjoy the same rights. THAT could be a conflict with his immigration policy.

Another false assertion based on religious dogma..

They've already invaded politics--it's called the Reich wing of the Republican party aka the Evangelical wing--who was supposed to be for their "angel" Ted Cruz, whom they kicked to the curb for the devil Donald Trump--LOL

So I don't know how reliable they really are, but tax exempt status to listen to this guy--you've got to be kidding--LOL

Now this was a gay hate rally in Iowa this year, when on speaker got up and called for the execution of gays. 3 GOP candidates attended this gay hating party, they were Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and Bobby Jindal. Tax exempt?

Heck maybe they can bring back the Salem Witch trials again--LOL

myths-legends-witch-trials-guilty-witch_trial-reading_minds-kmhn128_low.jpg

Another false assertion based on religious dogma..

Huh? Explain.

They've already invaded politics--it's called the Reich wing of the Republican party aka the Evangelical wing--who was supposed to be for their "angel" Ted Cruz, whom they kicked to the curb for the devil Donald Trump--LOL

So I don't know how reliable they really are, but tax exempt status to listen to this guy--you've got to be kidding--LOL

Now this was a gay hate rally in Iowa this year, when on speaker got up and called for the execution of gays. 3 GOP candidates attended this gay hating party, they were Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and Bobby Jindal.

Heck maybe they can bring back the Salem Witch trials again--LOL

myths-legends-witch-trials-guilty-witch_trial-reading_minds-kmhn128_low.jpg

And another far left drone chimes in and shows they only know far left religious dogma.

The far left continues to prove they are not connected to reality.

Forum List

Back