Trump wants to allow religious institutions to openly advocate political views - tax-exempt

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.

Read The Draft Text Of Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech

So much for the separation of church and state.

That was a smart concession to the Christian Fundamentalists. It doesn't cost him anything. The only problem is that the Muslims will enjoy the same rights. THAT could be a conflict with his immigration policy.

Another false assertion based on religious dogma..

Huh? Explain.

Explain what? You spouted out of religious dogma, not what was said in a speech this evening!

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.

Read The Draft Text Of Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech

They've already invaded politics--it's called the Reich wing of the Republican party aka the Evangelical wing--who was supposed to be for their "angel" Ted Cruz, whom they kicked to the curb for the devil Donald Trump--LOL

So I don't know how reliable they really are, but tax exempt status to listen to this guy--you've got to be kidding--LOL

Now this was a gay hate rally in Iowa this year, when on speaker got up and called for the execution of gays. 3 GOP candidates attended this gay hating party, they were Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and Bobby Jindal.

Heck maybe they can bring back the Salem Witch trials again--LOL

myths-legends-witch-trials-guilty-witch_trial-reading_minds-kmhn128_low.jpg

And another far left drone chimes in and shows they only know far left religious dogma.

The far left continues to prove they are not connected to reality.

This is not reality--LOL So he gets tax exempt status because he is religious, and he's up there preaching the bible, while at the same time promoting the execution of gays, and you want to give him tax exempt status.

That was a smart concession to the Christian Fundamentalists. It doesn't cost him anything. The only problem is that the Muslims will enjoy the same rights. THAT could be a conflict with his immigration policy.

Huh? Explain.

Explain what? You spouted out of religious dogma, not what was said in a speech this evening!

Sorry. I am an atheist. I have zero religious dogma. My speculation was simply pragmatic. It was an educated guess. I could be wrong. This is a message board. Relax. I saw the speech. I believe what I posted is accurate.

They've already invaded politics--it's called the Reich wing of the Republican party aka the Evangelical wing--who was supposed to be for their "angel" Ted Cruz, whom they kicked to the curb for the devil Donald Trump--LOL

So I don't know how reliable they really are, but tax exempt status to listen to this guy--you've got to be kidding--LOL

Now this was a gay hate rally in Iowa this year, when on speaker got up and called for the execution of gays. 3 GOP candidates attended this gay hating party, they were Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and Bobby Jindal.

And another far left drone chimes in and shows they only know far left religious dogma.

This is not reality--LOL So he gets tax exempt status because he is religious, and he's up there preaching the bible, while at the same time promoting the execution of gays, and you want to give him tax exempt status.

Once again the far left proves they hate Freedom of Speech and can only define the world based on their debunked religious narratives..

Huh? Explain.

Sorry. I have zero religious dogma. I am an atheist. My speculation was simply pragmatic. It was an educated guess. I could be

Wrong you spouted religious dogma when you said, "The only problem is that the Muslims will enjoy the same rights. THAT could be a conflict with his immigration policy."

That is religious dogma, no matter how you wish to spin it..

Once again the far left proves they hate Freedom of Speech and can only define the world based on their debunked religious narratives..

If your religion can get tax exempt status for speaking their political minds, then so should EVERYONE get tax exempt status for speaking their minds--Idiot. Then no one is paying taxes.

We'll all just stick a bible in our hands when we're talking about politics.

ufonotcomingback.jpg

One of the reasons that people came to this country was for religious freedom and to get away from the oppressive counter-reformation being put upon the people of Europe by the Jesuits and if you don't know about this,you need to do your own due diligence. The U.S constitution put the clause in there about no state religion to keep the catholics/Jesuits from being able to make their religion the only religion. I have no issue with ANY minister or preacher talking about what is really going on in this country and taking either bought and paid for political party to task for the immorality that goes on. It cracks me up that the leftard clown posse wants to give tax-free status to groups like the SPLC, ACORN, Planned Parenthood that sells dead fetuses for profit....but if a preacher says anything against homosexuality? He must be punished and censored while being taxed on what the parishioners give to keep the doors open......it would be funny if it wasn't so true.

If your religion can get tax exempt status for speaking their political minds, then so should EVERYONE get tax exempt status for speaking their minds--Idiot. Then no one is paying taxes.

We'll all just stick a bible in our hands when we're talking about politics.
ufonotcomingback.jpg

Once again the irony impaired far left drones, prove once again they can only speak in debunked religious narratives.

Oh please...the IRS never goes formthe.left or.black churches...they have all gore preaching......this just makes it even

One of the reasons that people came to this country was for religious freedom and to get away from the oppressive counter-reformation being put upon the people of Europe by the Jesuits and if you don't know about this,you need to do your own due diligence. The U.S constitution put the clause in there about no state religion to keep the catholics/Jesuits from being able to make their religion the only religion. I have no issue with ANY minister or preacher talking about what is really going on in this country and taking either bought and paid for political party to task for the immorality that goes on. It cracks me up that the leftard clown posse wants to give tax-free status to groups like the SPLC, ACORN, Planned Parenthood that sells dead fetuses for profit....but if a preacher says anything against homosexuality? He must be punished and censored while being taxed on what the parishioners give to keep the doors open......it would be funny if it wasn't so true.

See you're exposing your hate toward people that are different from you again. That is why the U.S. Constitution is there, to protect the people from people like you that would force your RELIGIOUS beliefs and bigotry onto them.

You cannot legislate your version of morality from Washington D.C. no matter how hard to try, and to give religious groups tax exempt status for political gain will never happen.

ong

Huh? Explain.

Sorry. I have zero religious dogma. I am an atheist. My speculation was simply pragmatic. It was an educated guess. I could be

Wrong you spouted religious dogma when you said, "The only problem is that the Muslims will enjoy the same rights. THAT could be a conflict with his immigration policy."

Trump back peddled on his Muslim ban and said he would go after Johnson's amendment that forces religion to basically "keep it in the church" or lose the tax exempt status. That's what I heard anyway. If he wants to allow more freedom for churches to speak politically I'm sure he meant Christian churches. I'm just saying the Muslims will enjoy the same rights.

ong

Huh? Explain.

Trump back peddled on his Muslim ban and said he would go after Johnson's amendment that forces religion to basically "keep it in the church" or lose the tax exempt status. That's what I heard anyway. If he wants to allow more freedom for churches to speak politically I'm sure he meant Christian churches. I'm just saying the Muslims will enjoy the same rights.

And you just proved my point that you used religious dogma..

ong
Huh? Explain.

Whatever. Next time you want an argument please have a point.

See you're exposing your hate toward people that are different from you again. That is why the U.S. Constitution is there, to protect the people from people like you that would force your RELIGIOUS beliefs and bigotry onto them.

You cannot legislate your version of morality from Washington D.C. no matter how hard to try, and to give religious groups tax exempt status for political gain will never happen.

Nope...and how you could make this claim shows just how utterly stupid you are and that is something that I cannot fix.....

ong

Whatever. Next time you want an argument please have a point.

Says the loser that used religious dogma as their "facts"..

Forum List

Back