Trump wants to allow religious institutions to openly advocate political views - tax-exempt

Sooo. You don't think church and state should be separated? Perhaps you should give that some more thought.

This corporate entity that is the state has used the 5013c exemption to muzzle the churches. Taking God and Jesus Christ out of the public arena was done intentionally and I could give you many reasons as to why prayer was taken out of school, why the story of the birth of Christ was not allowed to be told in school while the LGBTQ and their offshoot "GLSEN" are given access to our children in grade school to prteach how homosexuality is the norm....but I doubt you could wrap your mind around it.

Sooo. You don't think church and state should be separated? Perhaps you should give that some more thought.

This corporate entity that is the state has used the 5013c exemption to muzzle the churches. Taking God and Jesus Christ out of the public arena was done intentionally and I could give you many reasons as to why prayer was taken out of school, why the story of the birth of Christ was not allowed to be told in school while the LGBTQ and their offshoot "GLSEN" are given access to our children in grade school to prteach how homosexuality is the norm....but I doubt you could wrap your mind around it.

Not interested, thanks. I support separation of church and state. Anyone with any SENSE would.

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.

Read The Draft Text Of Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech

So much for the separation of church and state.
i couldn't find that part.

LBJ was right and Trump says nothing about it in that speech. He's not a dingbat.

You couldn't find what? My OP? It's stated clearly in Trump's speech.
can you quote it? I didn't see it in your OP.

Are you serious? Click on the OP link and scroll down. If you know how to do a search on the speech - plug in the word "religious".

see. you can't produce the quote.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Therefore if they are not going to ESTABLISH a religion, they aren't going to join at the hip with one. Therefore Religion and Government are separate from one another.

In short version: Separation of Church and State

Nothing in the constitution claims that one religion would be given preference over another or be allowed to oppress any religious beliefs....but nothing in the Constitution makes reference to the fact that we do not have a "Creator" because we are endowed by certain unalienable rights given to us by our Creator and that "creator" isn't a benevolent "federal gubermint" that bestows privileges upon us that can take them away at their whim.....get it now? My right to exist here isn't at the leisure of this corporate structure.......can I make it any more clear than that? I want to be sure that you get the gist of what OI am trying to say...if you need more clarification, please, by all means....let me know...I'm a "giver".

I'm just saying it's not in the Constitution

I don't like that the guy in your sig line is flipping me off. I want to punch him out!

You can go to his grave site and dig him up if you so desire and if that is your thing..

And Freedom of Speech is in the Constitution!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Therefore if they are not going to ESTABLISH a religion, they aren't going to join at the hip with one. Therefore Religion and Government are separate from one another.

Nothing in the constitution claims that one religion would be given preference over another or be allowed to oppress any religious beliefs....but nothing in the Constitution makes reference to the fact that we do not have a "Creator" because we are endowed by certain unalienable rights given to us by our Creator and that "creator" isn't a benevolent "federal gubermint" that bestows privileges upon us that can take them away at their whim.....get it now? My right to exist here isn't at the leisure of this corporate structure.......can I make it any more clear than that? I want to be sure that you get the gist of what OI am trying to say...if you need more clarification, please, by all means....let me know...I'm a "giver".

I prefer the term natural rights. No "creator" gave them to us.

Not interested, thanks. I support separation of church and state. Anyone with any SENSE would.

I support not teaching queerness in our public schools to first graders......

Natural rights given to you by whom? Those that have the guns?

Natural rights given to you by whom? Those that have the guns?

Why do you think your rights have been "given" to you? They just are based upon instinct!

I support not teaching queerness in our public schools to first graders......

What on earth does THAT have to do with anything at all?

I don't like that the guy in your sig line is flipping me off. I want to punch him out!

You can go to his grave site and dig him up if you so desire and if that is your thing..

What does Freedom of Speech have to do with separation of church and state? You want to live in a theocracy??? Are you insane?

What does Freedom of Speech have to do with separation of church and state? You want to live in a theocracy??? Are you insane?

Freedom of Speech gives anyone the right to say what they want, regardless of where they speak. Even in churches..

Unions do not suffer from such laws, but the chicken LBJ was scared that the Catholics would unseat him.

After all it was the Catholics that put JFK in office.

Freedom of Speech gives anyone the right to say what they want, regardless of where they speak. Even in churches..

Unions do not suffer from such laws, but the chicken LBJ was scared that the Catholics would unseat him.

And??? I'm still not getting where you are equating freedom of speech with endorsement of a superstitious religious belief in governmental business???

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.

Read The Draft Text Of Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech

So much for the separation of church and state.

Well, perhaps good ol' Trump is just trying to increase the tax revenue by eliminating churches' exemptions..He's a "genius"....!!

And??? I'm still not getting where you are equating freedom of speech with endorsement of a superstitious religious belief in governmental business???

And you show you do not understand the Constitution..

So any explain I make will fall on deaf ears, or in this case blind eyes..

I think it's YOU who doesn't understand.

I think it's YOU who doesn't understand.

I understand perfectly, just you refuse to understand!

Here is a link that may help you, if you really want to understand!

In a church the pastor can say whatever they want, it is private property. SO you want to be limited to what you can say on your property as well?

Forum List

Back