Trump wants to allow religious institutions to openly advocate political views - tax-exempt

What does Freedom of Speech have to do with separation of church and state? You want to live in a theocracy??? Are you insane?

Freedom of Speech gives anyone the right to say what they want, regardless of where they speak. Even in churches..

Unions do not suffer from such laws, but the chicken LBJ was scared that the Catholics would unseat him.

After all it was the Catholics that put JFK in office.

And??? I'm still not getting where you are equating freedom of speech with endorsement of a superstitious religious belief in governmental business???

And you show you do not understand the Constitution..

So any explain I make will fall on deaf ears, or in this case blind eyes..

I think it's YOU who doesn't understand.

I understand perfectly, just you refuse to understand!

Here is a link that may help you, if you really want to understand!

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a church the pastor can say whatever they want, it is private property. SO you want to be limited to what you can say on your property as well?

What are they going to say? You want your church to start spewing political propaganda? I don't really care, as long as they don't have any kind of power to sway government business.

Sooo. You don't think church and state should be separated? Perhaps you should give that some more thought.
I'm just saying it's not in the Constitution

I don't like that the guy in your sig line is flipping me off. I want to punch him out!
He only flipping off progressives...

It's a rather famous picture

I was just kidding. :D

Freedom of Speech gives anyone the right to say what they want, regardless of where they speak. Even in churches..

Unions do not suffer from such laws, but the chicken LBJ was scared that the Catholics would unseat him.

After all it was the Catholics that put JFK in office.

And??? I'm still not getting where you are equating freedom of speech with endorsement of a superstitious religious belief in governmental business???

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a church the pastor can say whatever they want, it is private property. SO you want to be limited to what you can say on your property as well?

What are they going to say? You want your church to start spewing political propaganda? I don't really care, as long as they don't have any kind of power to sway government business.

They should have the same rights as other tax exempt organizations like unions!

That is if you believe in "equal" rights!

No way! I don't want your silly religious beliefs forced upon me!

The far left forces their religious beliefs on everyone..

Even force Obamacare on a population that was against it.

No one can force anything on you, that is illusion. If you know to ignore people then no one can force anything on you..

But also shows you did not read the link I sharted with you and also shows you do not understand the Constitution.

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

Why not? The Church of LGBT wields unbelievable outspoken influence in politics...with anyone expressing dissent threatened with lawsuits or jail time. Time to balance that out just a wee little bit.. Too bad Hillary is going to win the Fall election though. Religion will be dead in less than four years by the time she and the dem majority in the Senate get finished with legislating religion & freedom of speech into the grave.

Except of course that the 'Church of LGBT' isn't a church and doesn't exist. You've imagined it. But other than your entire basis of argument being completely imaginary, sure, why not?

The far left forces their religious beliefs on everyone..

Even force Obamacare on a population that was against it.

No one can force anything on you, that is illusion. If you know to ignore people then no one can force anything on you..

But also shows you did not read the link I shirted with you and also shows you do not understand the Constitution.

Those things are meant to help people, not hurt them. You religious people are just nuts. Sorry, but you are.

You right wingers and your religious fixations are just . . . scary.

Obviously you have not seen the Democratic Party and the far left religion..

It is more dangerous than ISIS..

That's why I'm not a member of either of your silly parties. Now, what was the reason why the Pilgrims came to America?

They are not my parties, just like you do not know what my religion is.

And your question shows you truly do not have a clue about the Constitution!

Face it the far left religion is louder and stronger than any other religion you choose to fear..

That's why I'm not a member of either of your silly parties. Now, what was the reason why the Pilgrims came to America?

Face it the far left religion is louder and stronger than any other religion you choose to fear..

I already said that I don't trust them either. I think I know what your religion is. Christianity. Gee, that was hard. Lol.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Therefore if they are not going to ESTABLISH a religion, they aren't going to join at the hip with one. Therefore Religion and Government are separate from one another.

In short version: Separation of Church and State

Nothing in the constitution claims that one religion would be given preference over another or be allowed to oppress any religious beliefs....but nothing in the Constitution makes reference to the fact that we do not have a "Creator" because we are endowed by certain unalienable rights given to us by our Creator and that "creator" isn't a benevolent "federal gubermint" that bestows privileges upon us that can take them away at their whim.....get it now? My right to exist here isn't at the leisure of this corporate structure.......can I make it any more clear than that? I want to be sure that you get the gist of what OI am trying to say...if you need more clarification, please, by all means....let me know...I'm a "giver".

I prefer the term natural rights. No "creator" gave them to us.

Natural rights given to you by whom? Those that have the guns?

Why do you think your rights have been "given" to you? They just are based upon instinct!

Because the Bible says so...and our founding fathers believed so as well....that's why. What we have now in this country that is no longer home of the brave or home of the brave is a bunch of sheeple that don't have the slightest clue as to how we have been used and manipulated....and excuse me for saying this...but since I started down this road and learned how things REALLY work and how they really are, I have become a bit of a snob and I have very little patience here of late for those that do not understand what we are up against.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Therefore if they are not going to ESTABLISH a religion, they aren't going to join at the hip with one. Therefore Religion and Government are separate from one another.

Nothing in the constitution claims that one religion would be given preference over another or be allowed to oppress any religious beliefs....but nothing in the Constitution makes reference to the fact that we do not have a "Creator" because we are endowed by certain unalienable rights given to us by our Creator and that "creator" isn't a benevolent "federal gubermint" that bestows privileges upon us that can take them away at their whim.....get it now? My right to exist here isn't at the leisure of this corporate structure.......can I make it any more clear than that? I want to be sure that you get the gist of what OI am trying to say...if you need more clarification, please, by all means....let me know...I'm a "giver".

Why do you think your rights have been "given" to you? They just are based upon instinct!

Because the Bible says so...and our founding fathers believed so as well....that's why. What we have now in this country that is no longer home of the brave or home of the brave is a bunch of sheeple that don't have the slightest clue as to how we have been used and manipulated....and excuse me for saying this...but since I started down this road and learned how things REALLY work and how they really are, I have become a bit of a snob and I have very little patience here of late for those that do not understand what we are up against.

MANY people don't share your biblical beliefs! Understand that.

I already said that I don't trust them either. I think I know what your religion is. Christianity. Gee, that was hard. Lol.

Wrong! But that just goes to show your hatred for anything that you do not understand!

The far left has stuck the fear of GOD in you and wants you afraid!

So you only bash Christians? and you are ok with Islam?

You do LBJ proud as he too was scared of a certain religion..

Wrong! But that just goes to show your hatred for anything that you do not understand!

In FACT, I would say that the religious right is one of the biggest problems with the republican party. Very exclusionary, chases people away and is a huge TURN OFF.

And the founders believed in spontaneous generation with the Bible claiming people are made of either mud or ribs.

So fucking what? Rights are whatever we say they are. We define them and protect them.

In FACT, I would say that the religious right is one of the biggest problems with the republican party. Very exclusionary, chases people away and is a huge TURN OFF.

So you prefer this:

And religion is part of many people lives around the world. To ignore it is even more of a turn off..

So you only vote for people based on one issue?

So you prefer this:

And religion is part of many people lives around the world. To ignore it is even more of a turn off..

So you only vote for people based on one issue?

The religious right wants to cover a LOT of issues. You keep your superstitions to yourself please. Thanks.

Forum List

Back