Trump would gain some much needed respect if he stated this......

"I will fully cooperate with any special inquiry and I will turn over all tapes, memos (and even my long-awaited tax returns) and have my staff readily testify under oath to any grand jury that may be empanelled to fully investigate and bring this inquiry to an end acceptable by everyone....."

But will the orange demagogue ever wise up???
No, he's a whiny little bitch that's obviously guilty.

So much for American values (innocent until proven otherwise).

But that is the typical leftwinger...they know it all.

They'd fit right in with the Taliban.
Repeat after me: emails, Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, lock her up.

Now, what did you say about innocent until proven otherwise?

Why, when the thread is about something Trump could do to initiate recovering some measure of credibility and respect, have you taken to trying to make it be about nat4900?

THANK YOU.......I've often myself wondered why when the message is "unpleasant" the messenger gets attacked.

Why, when the thread is about something Trump could do to initiate recovering some measure of credibility and respect, have you taken to trying to make it be about nat4900?
THANK YOU.......I've often myself wondered why when the message is "unpleasant" the messenger gets attacked.

You're welcome.

The messenger gets attacked only by individuals who either cannot or refuse to form cogent refutations and rebuttals. I suppose also that people who don't comprehend what they read (hear) will also attack the messenger rather than maturely and wisely refraining from making declarative remarks about what they read.

On the matter of what Trump can do to regain some degree of credibility and respect, what is there to dislike, thus refute/rebut? Whether a given suggested approach can be effective and to what extent it may or may not be so is about all there is to say.

ow, what did you say about innocent until proven otherwise?

..............and THAT, dear buddy, is WHY there are half-dozen investigations going on....
Trump is under a cloud for his shady behavior.

increased the National debt
Which President Added Most to the U.S. Debt?

Depending on how you respond to the above, if you do respond to or remark upon it, I'll be able to tell whether you are reasonable and rational and one who genuinely cares about solving problems or whether you're merely a member of the "peanut gallery," "echo chamber" of partisanship, or perhaps both.
You'll determine if I'm rational?

Since there are actually several ways in which we calculate who is responsible for the National Debt, the method chosen by any one person would be nothing more than a 'cherry picking' of what methodology best aligns with ones ideology. It is notable that not even economist agree on the economy, the best way to go forward, best strategis, etc.. However, what is remarkable about that article is the measure by which they claim an incoming President is not responsible for the budget because that budget is technically that of the outgoing President. This is true. However, when was the last time that a budget was passed? I'm not talking about a continuing resolution, which is just a fancy way for politicians to not pass a budget and thereby not take responsibility for their actions, but about an actual budget, a budget like the ones that all the Presidents BEFORE Obama signed into law.

My statement remains true regardless of this attempt to deflect blame. I, of course, never said Obama caused the largest increase of National Debt (although by some measures, he most certainly did). I simply stated he increased the national debt. That is a true statement.

"I will fully cooperate with any special inquiry and I will turn over all tapes, memos (and even my long-awaited tax returns) and have my staff readily testify under oath to any grand jury that may be empanelled to fully investigate and bring this inquiry to an end acceptable by everyone....."

You would gain some much needed respect if you would admit that the Constitution limits the power of the Federal Government and sets the power of culture to the States instead of Washington D.C.

Care to opine?
You would gain some much needed respect if you would admit that the Constitution limits the power of the Federal Government and sets the power of culture to the States instead of Washington D.C.

Pretty simple really. Nothing Trump could, would, or will do will recover any measure of credibility from the OP. He is a Trump hater, plain and simple. I, however, was curious if he'd be willing to consider gaining any of his credibility back with Me by commenting on the role and purpose of how our government is structured.

In truth, I'm not to interested in whether or not he finds credibility with anyone. The entire OP is nothing more than a cheap shot.

Care to opine?

Pretty simple really. Nothing Trump could, would, or will do will recover any measure of credibility from the OP. He is a Trump hater, plain and simple. I, however, was curious if he'd be willing to consider gaining any of his credibility back with Me by commenting on the role and purpose of how our government is structured.

In truth, I'm not to interested in whether or not he finds credibility with anyone. The entire OP is nothing more than a cheap shot.
Nothing Trump could, would, or will do will recover any measure of credibility from the OP. ...The entire OP is nothing more than a cheap shot.

That cannot possibly be true. If Trump were to stop giving folks like the OP-er the "ammo," the OP-er would not be able to take the so-called by you "cheap shots" such as he has, by your assertion, in the OP. That alone, despite the OP-er's willingness or lack thereof to explicitly admit it, or not would necessarily mark an increase in Trump's credibility with the OP.

Care to opine?

We have a written Constitution, what part of it is unclear?

Care to opine?

It is very clear to Me. What I don't know is how clear it is to the left or the OP.

Care to opine?

It is very clear to Me. What I don't know is how clear it is to the left or the OP.
I don't know is how clear it is to the left or the OP.

Unless someone among the USMB membership is an accepted spokesperson for "the left," it's unlikely that you'll here discover what is clear to "the left" in general.

Care to opine?

Nothing Trump could, would, or will do will recover any measure of credibility from the OP. ...The entire OP is nothing more than a cheap shot.

That cannot possibly be true. If Trump were to stop giving folks like the OP-er the "ammo," the OP-er would not be able to take the so-called by you "cheap shots" such as he has, by your assertion, in the OP. That alone, despite the OP-er's willingness or lack thereof to explicitly admit it, or not would necessarily mark an increase in Trump's credibility with the OP.
You do realize that before Trump became President and the hysterics began, this OP was frothing at the mouth enraged that Hillary Clinton (a shoe in) lost.

Regardless, you have only to ask him what Trump could do to regain some credibility with him. I would think that his answer would be;

1. Die
2. Resign
3. Go to jail (even though that would not restore Trump's credibility with him)
4. Throw the entire GOP in jail and hand each seat over to a Progressive Democrat (including the Presidency, the Vice-Presidency).

Not necessarily in that order. In truth, if all of that came to pass, the OP would still hate Donald Trump.

and liberals would get some much needed respect if they applied the standards they hold on others to themselves.

that and name a freaking source already.

Care to opine?

Unless someone among the USMB membership is an accepted spokesperson for "the left," it's unlikely that you'll here discover what is clear to "the left" in general.
LOL

The term is a general term used to describe forum members who hate anything GOP and Conservative. I've been dealing with forum members of the "Left" on this and other forums since before George Bush was elected. I know them all too well.

Care to opine?

You do realize that before Trump became President and the hysterics began, this OP was frothing at the mouth enraged that Hillary Clinton (a shoe in) lost.

Regardless, you have only to ask him what Trump could do to regain some credibility with him. I would think that his answer would be;

1. Die
2. Resign
4. Throw the entire GOP in jail and hand each seat over to a Progressive Democrat (including the Presidency, the Vice-Presidency).

Not necessarily in that order. In truth, if all of that came to pass, the OP would still hate Donald Trump.

You do realize that before Trump became President and the hysterics began

What? There seemed to have been Left-sourced and Right-sourced hysteria during the campaign about the very notion that Trump might win. There also were hysterical comments coming from Trump during the campaign began much as there have been since his inauguration.

you have only to ask him what Trump could do to regain some credibility with him. I would think that his answer would be;

1. Die
2. Resign

Perhaps the OP will take that remark as a question and respond regarding the accuracy of your prediction.

Throw the entire GOP in jail and hand each seat over to a Progressive Democrat (including the Presidency, the Vice-Presidency).

You realize the GOP consists of literally tens of millions of individuals, right? For whatever I think of Nat, I doubt he'd deign to suggest something so absurd.

The meltdown continues unabated.
Nat has been having a rough time since the election. Starting threads like this is his way of dealing with the stress and anxiety he's been experiencing. It's why I've been trying to go easy on him. :)

Last edited:

LOL

The term is a general term used to describe forum members who hate anything GOP and Conservative. I've been dealing with forum members of the "Left" on this and other forums since before George Bush was elected. I know them all too well.
Unless you're aware of a political forum having a vastly larger active US membership roll than does USMB, there's no way you can have encountered a representative sampling of "The Left's" membership. There are literally tens of millions of people in "The Left" who don't participate in web forum discussions, at least not in this web forum's.

I don't know whether such forums exist. This is the only Internet forum in which I've participated.

Nat has been having a rough since the election. Starting threads like this is his way of dealing with the stress and anxiety he's been experiencing. It's why I've been trying to go easy on him

I very much appreciate your concerns....really.....

However, after bashing Trump for his moronic narcissism (you see, as a former New Yorker, I knew of Trump way before the REAL author of his book, The Art of the Deal, made him into a national entity) I would be "stressed" in having been proven so damn wrong since he was doing a stellar job as president in "making America great again."

BUT, instead, as I witness the continuous failures of both this orange clown and his entourage that seem to have NO idea of how to run a government and making themselves the laughing stock of the modern world, I am NOT stressed at all since I already knew how stupid millions of Americans were proven to be in electing a demagogue/charlatan who has no business (pardon the expression) claiming that he is more than just a petulant teenager at 70 years old.

Forum List

Back