Trump's Appeal Is Anti-PC; Long Story Short (& Why Hillary Might Lose)

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013

It doesn't really matter what "gaff" Trump spews out about this or that group of as some call them "snowflakes"; from blacks to Muslims and beyond. THIS IS HIS APPEAL to his avid fans. They LOVE calling it as they see it. They HATE being restrained by the various PC groups trying to clamp down on free speech.

There is nothing that will bring out the "American" in someone like telling them they can't have an opposing opinion to a status quo. So Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan sells like hotcakes. It rolls off the tongue easier than what he really means: "Make America Not PC Again".

Great comedians rely on not being PC. That's their trade. That's where the laughs come and the punchline. They should vote for Trump more than any other. It's why comedy is so popular. People like to laugh at themselves.

Trump's a scoundrel and a liar, a nut job and a blowhard, but the one thing that absolves him of all those sins is that HE SPEAKS HIS MIND IN THE MOMENT AND DOESN'T APOLOGIZE FOR IT. And this is why they love him. This is where his votes are coming from. And it's why Hillary was lamenting about Trump's "Basket of deplorables" (gaining him even more votes as she did). What she meant was "people who aren't afraid to stand up against the lavender left." Hillary needs to understand that the bedrock of what it means to be an American is the right to disagree. At least she should understand this is what is confounding her maintaining a thinning lead against Trump.

These people aren't going to be browbeaten or cowered or shamed into "coming into the fold" of the lavender left. Not in a million years. You can call the right to disagree "deplorable" or you can say "I understand there are disagreements, but we can try to work through them". But if you're Hillary ....yeah, she's screwed on gaining trust too. At least staying silent about Trump's supporters was an option. But no, her handlers decided it would be best to insert words into her mouth to alienate millions of people who were on the fence about her in the first place. Great call, campaign manager for Hillary!

So, every leftist cry and protest and opinion in the daily news simply increases the ranks of Trump supporters. I told you folks before; they're out their in the 10s of millions, the folks sick of the PC-parade to insane extremes (and escalating). The left lied about the polls of opinion. Everyone knew it. And now they're having their revenge....

What the NCAA & now the ACC is doing to North Carolina may have origins in the Trump camp on the down low. And that reason might be that upon those announcements, fear would be sparked to such levels in on the fencers of "even our sports teams are bowing to the lavender left now!!", the droves moving in Trump's direction, like the "Bernie protests" at his rallies, will catapult Trump right over the top for a win. As long as Hillary and her campaign manager help Americans see which one of them is the anti-PC candidate, Hillary might have to face up to losing this election.

Last edited:
^^ And who could blame you for being against suppression of the right to disagree? (free speech).

Just now saw this. And like the NCAA & ACC move on North Carolina, it will play votes right into Trump's hands:
Homophobic County Clerk Kim Davis is being sued for over $200,000 after she refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples last year.

The American Civil Liberties Union said it is seeking to recover money it paid to lawyers, to represent a number of couples who were denied marriage licenses, in Rowan County, Kentucky, because of Davis. The ACLU want over $200,000 from Kim Davis

You have to wonder about Soros' sabotage of Hillary on the left at this point too. I should've named this thread "Is George Soros sabotaging Hillary"? Because I believe Soros was also behind those Trump-vote-getting leftie protests at all those Trump rallies. Really helped Trump rake in the votes there too.. Also cut a deal with Trump in Illinois, forgiving a debt in the tens of million$ on a loan Soros was behind for Trump. That's one hefty down-low de facto campaign contribution, laundered quite well too I might add.

Last edited:
Regardless of how he says it, I've never bought into the idea that Trump is "just saying what he thinks".

I think he'll say whatever he thinks will give him success and/or admiration at any given moment, completely subject to change later if he senses it is to his advantage.

It doesn't really matter what "gaff" Trump spews out about this or that group of as some call them "snowflakes"; from blacks to Muslims and beyond. THIS IS HIS APPEAL to his avid fans. They LOVE calling it as they see it. They HATE being restrained by the various PC groups trying to clamp down on free speech.

There is nothing that will bring out the "American" in someone like telling them they can't have an opposing opinion to a status quo. So Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan sells like hotcakes. It rolls off the tongue easier than what he really means: "Make America Not PC Again".

Great comedians rely on not being PC. That's their trade. That's where the laughs come and the punchline. They should vote for Trump more than any other. It's why comedy is so popular. People like to laugh at themselves.

Trump's a scoundrel and a liar, a nut job and a blowhard, but the one thing that absolves him of all those sins is that HE SPEAKS HIS MIND IN THE MOMENT AND DOESN'T APOLOGIZE FOR IT. And this is why they love him. This is where his votes are coming from. And it's why Hillary was lamenting about Trump's "Basket of deplorables" (gaining him even more votes as she did). What she meant was "people who aren't afraid to stand up against the lavender left." Hillary needs to understand that the bedrock of what it means to be an American is the right to disagree. At least she should understand this is what is confounding her maintaining a thinning lead against Trump.

These people aren't going to be browbeaten or cowered or shamed into "coming into the fold" of the lavender left. Not in a million years. You can call the right to disagree "deplorable" or you can say "I understand there are disagreements, but we can try to work through them". But if you're Hillary ....yeah, she's screwed on gaining trust too. At least staying silent about Trump's supporters was an option. But no, her handlers decided it would be best to insert words into her mouth to alienate millions of people who were on the fence about her in the first place. Great call, campaign manager for Hillary!

So, every leftist cry and protest and opinion in the daily news simply increases the ranks of Trump supporters. I told you folks before; they're out their in the 10s of millions, the folks sick of the PC-parade to insane extremes (and escalating). The left lied about the polls of opinion. Everyone knew it. And now they're having their revenge....

What the NCAA & now the ACC is doing to North Carolina may have origins in the Trump camp on the down low. And that reason might be that upon those announcements, fear would be sparked to such levels in on the fencers of "even our sports teams are bowing to the lavender left now!!", the droves moving in Trump's direction, like the "Bernie protests" at his rallies, will catapult Trump right over the top for a win. As long as Hillary and her campaign manager help Americans see which one of them is the anti-PC candidate, Hillary might have to face up to losing this election.

What you are saying in effect is that Trump has great charisma and Hillary has none. That is certainly true, but American voters are not as stupid or easily duped as you suggest. An increasing number of American voters understand that Trump has laid out clear positions and proposals for dealing with important issues while Hillary has provided only slogans and one liners about these issues. This is why Trump supporters can nearly always tell you they support Trump because of his positions and proposals on specific issues and Clinton supporters can only spew nonsense like "Trump's a scoundrel and a liar, a nut job and a blowhard, but the one thing that absolves him of all those sins" as the reason they are supporting Clinton.

The problem with Clinton's campaign is that there is no substance to it.

I think Matt Stone put it great when he was asked if he found any common ground with Donald Trump...

“Political correctness” — I feel like that’s becoming a catch-all term for just shit that you don’t like. I don’t think I probably agree with Donald Trump, but we did a whole bit about political correctness last year. We’ve been interested in that debate for a long time. But not everything is political correctness gone mad. Sometimes you just shouldn’t say something. And there’s a huge difference between what can be said in a cartoon or through the mouths of fiction, and what somebody who’s going for elected office should say. Those are two different standards of political correctness.

But I do think there’s a legitimate ... comedians, especially, that’s probably where we identify and have the most sympathy with anti-p.c. forces, is within comedy. Not talking to people or trying to get elected. That’s a different standard. There’s shit that you shouldn’t say running for president that Cartman should totally be allowed to say within a satirical cartoon. When I see a politician or a Donald Trump say “political correctness,” I’m like, "That’s not the same shit that we’re talking about in the writers’ room. There’s satire over here in cartoons, and you’re standing onstage in a suit and you want me to vote for you." Different standard, you know?

George Soros in December donated $6 million to the leading super PAC supporting Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, marking the return of the billionaire financier as among the biggest givers in all of American politics.

The massive check brings to $8 million the Hungarian-born investor's total 2015 giving to pro-Clinton groups.

The super PAC that received the $6-million check, Priorities USA Action, raised $25 million in the second half of 2015, according to a report it filed Sunday evening with the Federal Election Commission. The haul brings the PAC’s tally to $41 million for the year, and left it with a strong $36 million in the bank headed into the year.
George Soros donates $8 million to boost Hillary

Regardless of how he says it, I've never bought into the idea that Trump is "just saying what he thinks".

I think he'll say whatever he thinks will give him success and/or admiration at any given moment, completely subject to change later if he senses it is to his advantage.

I agree- I don't believe a single word comes out of Trump's mouth that he does not deliberately and intentionally say.

Most of his most outragious statements are just mealy mouthed enough so his campaign can explain later why it doesn't sound like it actually sounded like.

So when Trump said that Mexican illegal immigrants were rapists- they could explain how that didn't really mean what it sounded like.

What you are saying in effect is that Trump has great charisma and Hillary has none. That is certainly true, but American voters are not as stupid or easily duped as you suggest. An increasing number of American voters understand that Trump has laid out clear positions and proposals for dealing with important issues while Hillary has provided only slogans and one liners about these issues. This is why Trump supporters can nearly always tell you they support Trump because of his positions and proposals on specific issues and Clinton supporters can only spew nonsense like "Trump's a scoundrel and a liar, a nut job and a blowhard, but the one thing that absolves him of all those sins" as the reason they are supporting Clinton.

And I call bullshit. Which is why when Trump is exposed for making his ties, hats and so forth in China, his supporters don't give a fig. So it's not his positions, it's his being the embodiment of Anti-PC that attracts them and keeps them there. Trump supporters have this deep visceral reaction to being told what they can and cannot support.

Hence why the "basket of deplorables" flopped like a rubber fish.

Trump can be summed up as a giant Politician's Syllogism logical fallacy.

1. We must do something.
2. Trump is something.
3. We must elect Trump.

The number one issue facing our country is our debt. From it flow all of our other problems. Solve the debt, and a lot of our problems will melt away. The low LFPR, the sluggish economy, low wages, etc.

Our debt problem is not going to be solved by the same kind of thinking that got us into this mess. So we obviously need people who think better and differently.

So there's the "something" which must be done.

Trump definitely thinks differently. He does NOT think better. And even more importantly, he has no solution to our debt problem. In fact, his plan ADDS another 10 trillion dollars to the debt!

Trump has his Chumps bleeving it's all "because Mexicans", and the solution is an inanimate wall. Jesus, it sounds stupid just saying it out loud.

Sometime the cure is worse than the disease. That was true for ObamaCare, and it is just as true for Trump.

Hillary sucks, seriously sucks. She is the old thinking that got us into this mess. She is the disease.

Hillary will get us deeper into a mess. Trump is the "cure" which will bring a whole new level of damage that is beyond comprehension.

Trump can be summed up as a giant Politician's Syllogism logical fallacy.

1. We must do something.
2. Trump is something.
3. We must elect Trump.

Thank you. You just emphasized every point I made in the OP. The situation is visceral, not cerebral.

I'm pretty sure Hillary's deplorable comment did not cause any Trump supporters to drop him.

It was a stupid comment nonetheless, because most likely this will be a low turnout election. Trump supporters, like CK, are betting on his voters being much more energized and turning out more that polls show. That might be true. It may also be true that the Clinton ground game, that is getting in absentee ballots already, is formidable. However, no doubt she tossed red meat to the Trumpeters.

And I call bullshit. Which is why when Trump is exposed for making his ties, hats and so forth in China, his supporters don't give a fig. So it's not his positions, it's his being the embodiment of Anti-PC that attracts them and keeps them there. Trump supporters have this deep visceral reaction to being told what they can and cannot support.

Hence why the "basket of deplorables" flopped like a rubber fish.
That Trump and other businessmen outsourced some of their production exposes the folly of the Clintons free trade policies that made it impossible for the US to protect US jobs from unfair practices like China manipulating its currency to maintain a competitive advantage. It is your ignorance of the issues and policies involved that leads you to post nonsense about anti pc instead of substantive arguments about real issues.

In other words, you are a typical Clinton supporter who has no idea why she supports Clinton.

That Trump and other businessmen outsourced some of their production exposes the folly of the Clintons free trade policies that made it impossible for the US to protect US jobs from unfair practices like China manipulating its currency to maintain a competitive advantage. It is your ignorance of the issues and policies involved that leads you to post nonsense about anti pc instead of substantive arguments about real issues.

In other words, you are a typical Clinton supporter who has no idea why she supports Clinton.
My observations have nothing to do with policies and the Trumpsters' devotion to him have nothing to do with policies. It has everything to do with the fact that he just says whatever comes to him and damn the torpedos. He has his flaws but to them he represents free speech and a return to disagreeing with the lavender left.

My observations have nothing to do with policies and the Trumpsters' devotion to him have nothing to do with policies. It has everything to do with the fact that he just says whatever comes to him and damn the torpedos. He has his flaws but to them he represents free speech and a return to disagreeing with the lavender left.
You either have no interest in issues or policies, have no understanding of the policies each has on the various issues or understand that issue by issue Clinton loses to Trump, so you make up nonsense about personalities to avoid discussing them. In short, you have no idea why you support Clinton, and from what she says herself, she seems to have no idea why anyone should support her.

I'm pretty sure Hillary's deplorable comment did not cause any Trump supporters to drop him.

It was a stupid comment nonetheless, because most likely this will be a low turnout election. Trump supporters, like CK, are betting on his voters being much more energized and turning out more that polls show. That might be true. It may also be true that the Clinton ground game, that is getting in absentee ballots already, is formidable. However, no doubt she tossed red meat to the Trumpeters.

The basket of deplorables will only excite Hillary's greatest enemy in this election: voter turnout.

When you insult a large group of people, they get mad and upset. They need a way to take out that anger. Making sure they vote against her is the only way of doing that.

Yes, it will be a low voter turnout--for Hillary.

Last edited:

I agree with you on some of the things you pointed out.

Trump is friends with Howard Stern, and like any other investor and businessman, he obviously studied Stern's success.

Howard always said that his success is due to half of the people tuning in who love him, and the other half who tune in that hate him. Together, they form a huge audience.

Stern made his way to fame by pushing the limits with the FCC. His company has been fined countless times. In the process, more and more people tuned in just to see how much further he can go past the line in the sand.

If Trump did take a tip from Stern's success, it's what made him the nominee over 15 other people. Stern is more anti-politically correct than Trump, but Trump is an easy second place winner.

So why does anti-political correctness appeal to a lot of Americans? Because Trump talks about politics the way we talk about politics with our coworkers, with the other patrons at the bar, with our family members at gatherings, even on USMB.

Hil-Liar can't relate to the average Joe as Trump can. We have Democrats and Republicans. We have conservatives and liberals. But this is the first time any of us anti-PC people had somebody that represents us.

Forum List

Back