🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's "beautiful" Steel Slat Barrier for Mexican border lampooned by designers

I wonder how much they were paid to come to these conclusions of theirs. Lol
'US president Donald Trump has tweeted details of the design for the proposed $5 billion wall along the Mexican border, prompting ridicule from designers.

Trump posted a graphic of the barrier on 21 December 2018, along with the words: "A design of our Steel Slat Barrier which is totally effective while at the same time beautiful!"

In response, designers pointed out that the barrier is "technically not a wall" and that if to scale, it would be over 12 metres high and the gaps between the slats would be wide enough for people to squeeze through.

The image in Trump's tweet showed a row of tall columns with gaps between them and pointed tops. A car, identified by some as a Chevrolet Tahoe, featured in the drawing to illustrate the scale.

"Not to be a curmudgeon but technically this is not a wall," responded architect Cameron Sinclair, former head of social innovation at Airbnb.

Last week the US senate refused to fund the construction of the barrier, which Trump had previously stated he would force Mexico to pay for. In response, Trump ordered the partial shutdown of the government.

Wall design picked apart on Twitter

Alex Bozikovic, architecture critic at Canadian newspaper The Globe and Mail, described the design as "unfathomably stupid".

"What kind of foundations would this thing require?" he asked. "How many tons of concrete to keep each 'slat' vertical?"

PhD student Reyna Knight was one of several people who calculated the dimensions of the barrier by using the known measurements of the car.

"So if it's to scale, the slats are 190 millimetres (7.5 inches) with 316-millimetre (12.4-inch) spaces," she calculated, meaning people could slip between the gaps. "So just slide through sideways!" she wrote.

Retired police officer Mark West worked out the barrier would be 40 feet (12.2 metres) tall.

"There'd be a pretty high wind load on that thing," said architect Mark Hogan in response.'

Trump's "beautiful" Steel Slat Barrier for Mexican border lampooned by designers

Interesting.
What's interesting is how these "designers" showed what a bunch of petty infantile morons they are.
CBP wanted to be able to see through the walls..........why the slats are there......put in at angles .......and narrow enough that people can't squeeze through..........

Where do these knuckleheads come from .......LOL

The wall could be there 365 days a year, 24 hours a day stopping illegals from crossing the border.

What are the dems preferred options?
drones-
needs ground troops to actually catch the illegals, drones only fly 15 minutes at a time and cover minimal ground, and would need thousands of operators to cover the length of wall needed.
satellites- needs ground troops to actually catch the illegals, covers minimal ground, and would have operational costs

Crossing over the wall would be like jumping out of a 3rd floor window!!
So bring your fucking ladder, and break your back, or back and legs, or back and ankles...
They're happy to have border agents risking their lives chasing these "immigrants" down. A wall/fence mean s less people needed and much safer. They just want anything that works in favor of foreigners and against America.

CBP wanted to be able to see through the walls..........why the slats are there......put in at angles .......and narrow enough that people can't squeeze through..........

Where do these knuckleheads come from .......LOL
You will see them anytime you look left.

The wall could be there 365 days a year, 24 hours a day stopping illegals from crossing the border.

drones-
needs ground troops to actually catch the illegals, drones only can fly 15 minutes at a time and cover minimal ground, and would need thousands of operators to cover the length of wall needed.
satellites- needs ground troops to actually catch the illegals, covers minimal ground, and would have operational costs

So bring your fucking ladder, and break your back, or back and legs, or back and ankles...

Ever heard of a rope? Just tie it to the wall, a secured ladder or a pole secured to the ground.

Plus, what is to stop someone cutting their way through with any number of pieces of equipment?

My problem with this wall is that there is no way it will keep out almost any illegal aliens...no chance.

The ONLY way to make sure virtually NO aliens get through is an Israeli-style wall with towers to watch every foot of it. PLUS, the underground must be constantly listened to with sound devices for tunnels.

nigelwallstory483.jpg

And I shudder to think what that would cost.

The FAR simpler way is just to make the punishment for those who are caught hiring illegals far, FAR higher then it currently is. But Trump seldom - if ever - mentions that.
He just keeps chirping on about this silly wall of his which I guarantee you will not keep determined illegals out.

drones-
needs ground troops to actually catch the illegals, drones only fly 15 minutes at a time and cover minimal ground, and would need thousands of operators to cover the length of wall needed.

They're happy to have border agents risking their lives chasing these "immigrants" down. A wall/fence mean s less people needed and much safer. They just want anything that works in favor of foreigners and against America.
Exactly. The dems want open borders to let the drugs and criminals and dem voters in. So what if terrorists get in too?!

drones-
needs ground troops to actually catch the illegals, drones only can fly 15 minutes at a time and cover minimal ground, and would need thousands of operators to cover the length of wall needed.

Ever heard of a rope? You ladder up to the top and then tie a rope to the wall, ladder or a pole attached to the ground...and climb down.

Plus, what is to stop someone cutting their way through with any number of pieces of equipment?

My problem with this wall is that there is no way it will keep out illegal aliens...no chance.

The ONLY way to make sure virtually NO aliens get through is an Israeli-style wall with towers to watch every foot of it. PLUS, the underground must be constantly listened to with sound devices for tunnels.

nigelwallstory483.jpg

The FAR simpler way is just to make the punishment for those who are caught hiring illegals far, FAR higher then it currently is. But Trump seldom - if ever - mentions that.
He just keeps chirping on about this silly wall of his which I guarantee you will not keep illegals out.
See post 25

A big wall, a big beautiful wall
It will keep us safe....Believe me

You say that as if these pieces of shit sit down every morning with a cup of coffee and brood over data and facts to "come to these conclusions"

There isn't one of these assholes who has given a single thought towards "a conclusion". These are parrots. They aren't human beings with a different perspective, if you see things the way they do and draw the "conclusions" they do you belong in a padded cell and need to be studied.

The fact is they can not think in the first place, so all they are doing is repeating what they're told.

You are essentially arguing with a creature that belongs in a cage.

drones-

Ever heard of a rope? Just tie it to the wall, a secured ladder or a pole secured to the ground.

My problem with this wall is that there is no way it will keep out almost any illegal aliens...no chance.

The ONLY way to make sure virtually NO aliens get through is an Israeli-style wall with towers to watch every foot of it. PLUS, the underground must be constantly listened to with sound devices for tunnels. And I shudder to think what that would cost.

The FAR simpler way is just to make the punishment for those who are caught hiring illegals far, FAR higher then it currently is. But Trump seldom - if ever - mentions that. He just keeps chirping on about this silly wall of his which I guarantee you will not keep determined illegals out.

The top of the slat wall is razor sharp, so there is no way to safely cross over it unless you are a gifted rock climber with thick gloves. The Trump wall would keep out the women and kids and the nonathletic men. It isn't claimed to be 100% successful, but even 95% is well worth the cost. Agree with your listening devices requirement in areas prone to tunneling. At least Trump wants to improve on what's there to reduce the flow of drugs into the US. I don't understand why the dems are so opposed to improving the southern border?

drones-

nigelwallstory483.jpg

He just keeps chirping on about this silly wall of his which I guarantee you will not keep determined illegals out.
Your problem with the wall is that you know it will work. However, I do agree with you that the Israeli style wall is what you need. The idea that Israel can afford it but we can't is beyond absurd.

drones-

nigelwallstory483.jpg

The Israeli wall is only 280 miles long. Our southern border is 1,900 miles long and Trump wants to cover 1,000 miles, with natural obstacles taking care of the rest.

Compared to Israel's small economy, we could easily afford that. The problem is, the Democrats don't want the wall because "Trump."

The Democrat's unabashed hatred for Trump has completely obscured their judgment.

Last edited:
Oh, I realize that, fully.

You say that as if these pieces of shit sit down every morning with a cup of coffee and brood over data and facts to "come to these conclusions"

There isn't one of these assholes who has given a single thought towards "a conclusion". These are parrots. They aren't human beings with a different perspective, if you see things the way they do and draw the "conclusions" they do you belong in a padded cell and need to be studied.

The fact is they can not think in the first place, so all they are doing is repeating what they're told.

You are essentially arguing with a creature that belongs in a cage.

100 miles of new border wall improvements are ongoing...including levees.......new gates.....lights and security cameras...........Most of these areas with new 30 foot walls...........On San Diego improvements they have been asking for funding there since 2008.

Go to the source folks........stop listening to these MSM BS rants.

Forum List

Back