🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's "beautiful" Steel Slat Barrier for Mexican border lampooned by designers

It must be really tall now, leftist tears cause it to grow taller.

Thanks for pointing out that Trump's State Dept is sending money to places like that while he pretends he does not have the money for a wall.
CR agreements did that........to prevent a full shutdown............but I think he has the power to pull that money......No problem with that here.

The State Dept is who gives the money to other countries. The State Dept can withhold any money they wish. The State Dept is Trump's State Dept.

Thanks for pointing out that Trump's State Dept is sending money to places like that while he pretends he does not have the money for a wall.
CR agreements did that........to prevent a full shutdown............but I think he has the power to pull that money......No problem with that here.

The State Dept is who gives the money to other countries. The State Dept can withhold any money they wish. The State Dept is Trump's State Dept.
I have no problem stopping money going out that we have to borrow to give.......

In regards to better border security...........it will save us money in the long run..........

‘Alex Bozikovic, architecture critic at Canadian newspaper The Globe and Mail, described the design as "unfathomably stupid".’

Which makes sense given the fact Trump is unfathomably stupid.

Du_vYzHWoAAIZAY.jpg

This is one of my favorites.

Because you can relate to the clowns?
I haven’t been able to relate to Republicans for decades. Isn’t it obvious?

The wall could be there 365 days a year, 24 hours a day stopping illegals from crossing the border.

What are the dems preferred options?
drones-
needs ground troops to actually catch the illegals, drones only fly 15 minutes at a time and cover minimal ground, and would need thousands of operators to cover the length of wall needed.
satellites- need ground troops to actually catch the illegals, covers minimal ground per scan, and would have huge operational costs

Crossing over the wall would be like jumping out of a 3rd floor window!!
So bring your fucking ladder, and break your back, or back and legs, or back and ankles,...etc.
Because people that are smart enough to figure out that you need a ladder to get to the top of the wall aren’t smart enough to figure out that all you need is another ladder to get to the bottom of the wall?
Hey, is this why Republicans think a wall will work? Because they don’t know how to get down off the top of it?

It must be really tall now, leftist tears cause it to grow taller.
Oh goody. That means you don’t need the money right?
Nope.............while you weren't looking we took back the money for the choo choo in California....

shhhhh............
Choo-choo? Do you think today’s trains still go choo-choo?
No wonder you guys think a wall is hi Tech.
The 100 Billion dollar High speed train that can't even get up to speed due to short trips.............LOL

While your cities are on Water Restrictions...........State Burning to the ground.......Levees for your Water supplies are not Earthquake proof.........and people are living in Tents............Only the upper class get a real home in Liberal Utopia.......the peasants must do the best they can..............LOL

'US president Donald Trump has tweeted details of the design for the proposed $5 billion wall along the Mexican border, prompting ridicule from designers.

Trump posted a graphic of the barrier on 21 December 2018, along with the words: "A design of our Steel Slat Barrier which is totally effective while at the same time beautiful!"

In response, designers pointed out that the barrier is "technically not a wall" and that if to scale, it would be over 12 metres high and the gaps between the slats would be wide enough for people to squeeze through.

The image in Trump's tweet showed a row of tall columns with gaps between them and pointed tops. A car, identified by some as a Chevrolet Tahoe, featured in the drawing to illustrate the scale.

"Not to be a curmudgeon but technically this is not a wall," responded architect Cameron Sinclair, former head of social innovation at Airbnb.

Last week the US senate refused to fund the construction of the barrier, which Trump had previously stated he would force Mexico to pay for. In response, Trump ordered the partial shutdown of the government.

Wall design picked apart on Twitter

Alex Bozikovic, architecture critic at Canadian newspaper The Globe and Mail, described the design as "unfathomably stupid".

"What kind of foundations would this thing require?" he asked. "How many tons of concrete to keep each 'slat' vertical?"

PhD student Reyna Knight was one of several people who calculated the dimensions of the barrier by using the known measurements of the car.

"So if it's to scale, the slats are 190 millimetres (7.5 inches) with 316-millimetre (12.4-inch) spaces," she calculated, meaning people could slip between the gaps. "So just slide through sideways!" she wrote.

Retired police officer Mark West worked out the barrier would be 40 feet (12.2 metres) tall.

"There'd be a pretty high wind load on that thing," said architect Mark Hogan in response.'

Trump's "beautiful" Steel Slat Barrier for Mexican border lampooned by designers

Interesting.
Just the News of the wall is effecting the price of drugs. Mexican paper reports that the gangs that were doing the heroine trade are not getting good prices and have started to gold mind and cut trees. So Mexico is flooded with Heroine they can't get it across the border very easily.
:rolleyes:
FYI-
Most heroine comes in through legal border crossings, hidden in cars or in cargo on trucks, and by Air in the form of Opiods, through China and the US Mail system and at legal entry crossing from Canada, or in to our Ports.

NOT by crossing in the middle of a gigantic dessert, in the middle of nowhere land....

Would a border wall have prevented the opioid epidemic?

The report notes that the most common method employed by Mexican traffickers "involves transporting illicit drugs through U.S. ports of entry (POEs) in passenger vehicles with concealed compartments or commingled with legitimate goods on tractor trailers."

"100% of heroin/fentanyl epidemic is because we don't have a WALL."
Ann Coulter on Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 in a tweet

Advanced scanners are needed at POE's.............they detect that and arms..............but they are aging and not up to date...........

Guess the CBP should just do more with less...........in regards to scanning all mail cargo............that is a very expensive problem to scan all of it........very expensive.
Thank you Eagle.... we do need more scanners at port of entries/border crossings...

As far as scanning the US MAIL....

Maybe we just initially need scanners or sniffers for mail coming in from China in our Customs entries?

I have no problem stopping money going out that we have to borrow to give.......

In regards to better border security...........it will save us money in the long run..........

I support both stopping the money and better border security.

No you dont. You are a democrat and they demonstrably want to keep the border open.

I cannot decide if you are just dishonest or stupid...or maybe it is both.

I am not a Dem, I have voted for one Dem POTUS in my life time and that was 1992...he also happened to be the last major party candidate I have ever voted for.

Perhaps this new year you might work on getting a clue, or some integrity...or maybe both.

Give congress a PLAN Mr. President, on how you plan to spend the money you are asking for.... all wall and no other improvements to border security? An expansion of a wall, repair of a wall, a fence, a virtual fence, more drones, more border agents, more facilities for immigrants awaiting their court hearings, more scanners for drugs in our legal border entry points, more staffing, more judges to hear cases quickly?

GIVE US A PLAN Mr. President...

no agency is given money for a project without a plan and analysis of how effective it will be.

I support both stopping the money and better border security.

No you dont. You are a democrat and they demonstrably want to keep the border open.

I cannot decide if you are just dishonest or stupid...or maybe it is both.

I am not a Dem, I have voted for one Dem POTUS in my life time and that was 1992...he also happened to be the last major party candidate I have ever voted for.

Perhaps this new year you might work on getting a clue, or some integrity...or maybe both.

wow you missed your calling then.

Forum List

Back