🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's "beautiful" Steel Slat Barrier for Mexican border lampooned by designers

Anyone know where all the steel from trumps wall is coming from?? Not a Russian pal?

I have no problem stopping money going out that we have to borrow to give.......

In regards to better border security...........it will save us money in the long run..........

I support both stopping the money and better border security.

No you dont. You are a democrat and they demonstrably want to keep the border open.

I cannot decide if you are just dishonest or stupid...or maybe it is both.

I am not a Dem, I have voted for one Dem POTUS in my life time and that was 1992...he also happened to be the last major party candidate I have ever voted for.

Perhaps this new year you might work on getting a clue, or some integrity...or maybe both.

wow you missed your calling then.

Not at all. My calling was to spend 20 year defending this great nation!

Time for an intervention
Opinion
Time for G.O.P. to Threaten to Fire Trump
Republican leaders need to mount an intervention.

By Thomas L. Friedman

Opinion Column
CreditDoug Mills/The New York Times

CreditCreditDoug Mills/The New York Times
Up to now I have not favored removing President Trump from office. I felt strongly that it would be best for the country that he leave the way he came in, through the ballot box. But last week was a watershed moment for me, and I think for many Americans, including some Republicans.

It was the moment when you had to ask whether we really can survive two more years of Trump as president, whether this man and his demented behavior — which will get only worse as the Mueller investigation concludes — are going to destabilize our country, our markets, our key institutions and, by extension, the world. And therefore his removal from office now has to be on the table.

I believe that the only responsible choice for the Republican Party today is an intervention with the president that makes clear that if there is not a radical change in how he conducts himself — and I think that is unlikely — the party’s leadership will have no choice but to press for his resignation or join calls for his impeachment.

It has to start with Republicans, given both the numbers needed in the Senate and political reality. Removing this president has to be an act of national unity as much as possible — otherwise it will tear the country apart even more. I know that such an action is very difficult for today’s G.O.P., but the time is long past for it to rise to confront this crisis of American leadership.

ADVERTISEMENT

Trump’s behavior has become so erratic, his lying so persistent, his willingness to fulfill the basic functions of the presidency — like reading briefing books, consulting government experts before making major changes and appointing a competent staff — so absent, his readiness to accommodate Russia and spurn allies so disturbing and his obsession with himself and his ego over all other considerations so consistent, two more years of him in office could pose a real threat to our nation. Vice President Mike Pence could not possibly be worse.

The damage an out-of-control Trump can do goes well beyond our borders. America is the keystone of global stability. Our world is the way it is today — a place that, despite all its problems, still enjoys more peace and prosperity than at any time in history — because America is the way it is (or at least was). And that is a nation that at its best has always stood up for the universal values of freedom and human rights, has always paid extra to stabilize the global system from which we were the biggest beneficiary and has always nurtured and protected alliances with like-minded nations.

Donald Trump has proved time and again that he knows nothing of the history or importance of this America. That was made starkly clear in Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis’s resignation letter.

Trump is in the grip of a mad notion that the entire web of global institutions and alliances built after World War II — which, with all their imperfections, have provided the connective tissues that have created this unprecedented era of peace and prosperity — threatens American sovereignty and prosperity and that we are better off without them.

So Trump gloats at the troubles facing the European Union, urges Britain to exit and leaks that he’d consider quitting NATO. These are institutions that all need to be improved, but not scrapped. If America becomes a predator on all the treaties, multilateral institutions and alliances holding the world together; if America goes from being the world’s anchor of stability to an engine of instability; if America goes from a democracy built on the twin pillars of truth and trust to a country where it is acceptable for the president to attack truth and trust on a daily basis, watch out: Your kids won’t just grow up in a different America. They will grow up in a different world

Time for an intervention
Opinion

By Thomas L. Friedman

Opinion Column

Up to now I have not favored removing President Trump from office. I felt strongly that it would be best for the country that he leave the way he came in, through the ballot box. But last week was a watershed moment for me, and I think for many Americans, including some Republicans.

It was the moment when you had to ask whether we really can survive two more years of Trump as president, whether this man and his demented behavior — which will get only worse as the Mueller investigation concludes — are going to destabilize our country, our markets, our key institutions and, by extension, the world. And therefore his removal from office now has to be on the table.

I believe that the only responsible choice for the Republican Party today is an intervention with the president that makes clear that if there is not a radical change in how he conducts himself — and I think that is unlikely — the party’s leadership will have no choice but to press for his resignation or join calls for his impeachment.

It has to start with Republicans, given both the numbers needed in the Senate and political reality. Removing this president has to be an act of national unity as much as possible — otherwise it will tear the country apart even more. I know that such an action is very difficult for today’s G.O.P., but the time is long past for it to rise to confront this crisis of American leadership.

ADVERTISEMENT

Trump’s behavior has become so erratic, his lying so persistent, his willingness to fulfill the basic functions of the presidency — like reading briefing books, consulting government experts before making major changes and appointing a competent staff — so absent, his readiness to accommodate Russia and spurn allies so disturbing and his obsession with himself and his ego over all other considerations so consistent, two more years of him in office could pose a real threat to our nation. Vice President Mike Pence could not possibly be worse.

The damage an out-of-control Trump can do goes well beyond our borders. America is the keystone of global stability. Our world is the way it is today — a place that, despite all its problems, still enjoys more peace and prosperity than at any time in history — because America is the way it is (or at least was). And that is a nation that at its best has always stood up for the universal values of freedom and human rights, has always paid extra to stabilize the global system from which we were the biggest beneficiary and has always nurtured and protected alliances with like-minded nations.

Donald Trump has proved time and again that he knows nothing of the history or importance of this America. That was made starkly clear in Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis’s resignation letter.

Trump is in the grip of a mad notion that the entire web of global institutions and alliances built after World War II — which, with all their imperfections, have provided the connective tissues that have created this unprecedented era of peace and prosperity — threatens American sovereignty and prosperity and that we are better off without them.

So Trump gloats at the troubles facing the European Union, urges Britain to exit and leaks that he’d consider quitting NATO. These are institutions that all need to be improved, but not scrapped. If America becomes a predator on all the treaties, multilateral institutions and alliances holding the world together; if America goes from being the world’s anchor of stability to an engine of instability; if America goes from a democracy built on the twin pillars of truth and trust to a country where it is acceptable for the president to attack truth and trust on a daily basis, watch out: Your kids won’t just grow up in a different America. They will grow up in a different world
Friedman is en establishment RINO douchebag. He's indistinguishable from a Democrat. I don't know why he pretends to be a Republican. He isn't fooling anyone.

Time for an intervention
Opinion

By Thomas L. Friedman

Opinion Column

ADVERTISEMENT

Easily the worst economist in the history of earth, clearly a communist commissar-in-waiting....that's also an old pic of him...he's much scruffier and uglier these days.

Trump's wall would be very effective for a few months, IF.........all the "illegal aliens" were blind and obese.

Poor Don. Mexico was supposed to pay for it. And now his magnificent wall is down to a maybe on stats. What a wonderful concept for a country song:

Folk strolling outta Honduras
Thanks to an ‘09 coup by US
Snowflakes up here moan and howl and wail
Dirty brown people want all our stuff
Lord knows we ain‘t got enough
Cage the kids toss mom-n-dad in jail

I’m gonna make me an anchor baby
No sir I don’t mean maybe
Ain’t no child a mine gonna climb no wall
Turns out it was all wack shit
They was never gonna pay for it
Now it’s down to a maybe on slats that’s all

Think I’ll ride down to Mexico
I ain’t never been before
Hear tell you can have the time of your life
Head on down, let down my hair
Scare me up some fun down there
Might just wind up findin’ me wife

No sir I don’t mean maybe
Ain’t no child a mine gonna climb no wall

Instrumental bridge

Repeat chorus:

No sir don’t mean maybe
No sweet child a mine gonna climb no wall

and now the pos blames dems for the deaths of 2 children ? Is there no end to this scumbags political rants and raves?

Give congress a PLAN Mr. President, on how you plan to spend the money you are asking for.... all wall and no other improvements to border security? An expansion of a wall, repair of a wall, a fence, a virtual fence, more drones, more border agents, more facilities for immigrants awaiting their court hearings, more scanners for drugs in our legal border entry points, more staffing, more judges to hear cases quickly?

GIVE US A PLAN Mr. President...

no agency is given money for a project without a plan and analysis of how effective it will be.
CBP has asked for upgrades and funding..........some ignored for a decade......They have those requests already...............You have to go through them .............that information is already there............just a little harder for us to dig out on the net.

On another thread Texas has spent 3 Billion on border security since 2013. The law makers of that state are Fed up with the Fed.............

Let them join with other States ........not liberal ones...........and the 1200 miles of border can get dealt with............And bypass the dang Fed............

See how that goes down in a State versus the Fed SCOTUS decision.
:abgg2q.jpg:

Will the steel wall really be made with Russian Steel?
-----------------------------------
Guess Who Is Likely To Profit If Trump Gets His Border Wall? RUSSIAN Steel

While some of Keystone’s pipes were made in the U.S., at least a quarter of them came from a Russian steel company whose biggest shareholder is an oligarch and Trump family friend. The company, Evraz North America, supplied Keystone from its steel plants in Canada and for years has lobbied in Washington against Trump-style protectionism.

The oligarch who owns Evraz, Roman Abramovich is a very close ally to Putin (owing much of his significant wealth to him) and a personal friend to Trump and the Kushners.

-------------------------

OMG!

Not only the steel wall, but the Keystone Pipeline too?

This is who Trump's base is fighting for?

Why?

Will the steel wall really be made with Russian Steel?
-----------------------------------
Guess Who Is Likely To Profit If Trump Gets His Border Wall? RUSSIAN Steel

While some of Keystone’s pipes were made in the U.S., at least a quarter of them came from a Russian steel company whose biggest shareholder is an oligarch and Trump family friend. The company, Evraz North America, supplied Keystone from its steel plants in Canada and for years has lobbied in Washington against Trump-style protectionism.

The oligarch who owns Evraz, Roman Abramovich is a very close ally to Putin (owing much of his significant wealth to him) and a personal friend to Trump and the Kushners.

-------------------------

OMG!

Not only the steel wall, but the Keystone Pipeline too?

This is who Trump's base is fighting for?

Why?
Why you ask ? Simple Because they will follow their POS anywhere he wants to go ,even into the hands of our enemy Putin and Russia......In any other country they'd be called traitors Here we call them republicans

On another thread Texas has spent 3 Billion on border security since 2013. The law makers of that state are Fed up with the Fed.............
it would be more meaningful, with less waste, if the border states did what they felt was necessary, while still keeping their own economies vibrant with their Mexican trade partners... they would know better about where the fences are needed as well because they know their terrain, and crossing trails of illegals...

it would be more meaningful, with less waste, if the border states did what they felt was necessary, while still keeping their own economies vibrant with their Mexican trade partners... they would know better about where the fences are needed as well because they know their terrain, and crossing trails of illegals...
1254 miles of border there............they need to go to the other states like where I live and raise the funds and end the dang discussion......Secure the dang border ourselves and end the dang equation.

1254 miles of border there............they need to go to the other states like where I live and raise the funds and end the dang discussion......Secure the dang border ourselves and end the dang equation.
Yes increase your taxes to pay for trumps wall Just heard this AH trump swear Mexico was doing the paying and not just once He promised repeatedly Get it yet Repubs He's FOS

the Federal government would still have to fund, border crossings and scanners for the entry crossings, and jailing the illegals till their hearings and the courts...their immigration judges, and our airports and sea ports border security measures, and ICE and deportations and heck of a lot of other stuff that is a part of homeland security...

but where the wall goes and where to staff heavily with border security guards and the stuff that the local state residents would know better than some guys and gals in washington dc should be up to the states on the border.

Yes increase your taxes to pay for trumps wall Just heard this AH trump swear Mexico was doing the paying and not just once He promised repeatedly Get it yet Repubs He's FOS
Whatever..........Texas already has paid Billions on it.............We aren't liberal States and YES we would SECURE THE BORDER across Texas .............little more in taxes...........oh well..........we don't pay much like Liberal States already......why it's more affordable........

only one request............that we can wall in California when we do it. LOL

the Federal government would still have to fund, border crossings and scanners for the entry crossings, and jailing the illegals till their hearings and the courts...their immigration judges, and our airports and sea ports border security measures, and ICE and deportations and heck of a lot of other stuff that is a part of homeland security...

but where the wall goes and where to staff heavily with border security guards and the stuff that the local state residents would know better than some guys and gals in washington dc should be up to the states on the border.
Of course.............but it would get done..........and end the useless Federal Gov't never doing anything. Red states down here would do it...........they just need to go for it and let our states get involved..........

It WOULD GET DONE..............

Forum List

Back