Trumps Personal Lawyer, Lawyers Up

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
President Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, has hired his own attorney as the special counsel investigation into Russian election interference progresses, NBC News reported Friday.

Cohen has hired Washington, D.C., attorney Stephen M. Ryan, according to NBC's Katy Tur.

A source told Tur that Cohen will testify before the House Intelligence Committee on Sept. 5, adding that the testimony was delayed due to "scheduling and logistics."

Trump's personal lawyer hires attorney: report

President Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, has hired his own attorney as the special counsel investigation into Russian election interference progresses, NBC News reported Friday.

Cohen has hired Washington, D.C., attorney Stephen M. Ryan, according to NBC's Katy Tur.

A source told Tur that Cohen will testify before the House Intelligence Committee on Sept. 5, adding that the testimony was delayed due to "scheduling and logistics."

What the devil? Attorney-client privilege comes to mind. What are they going to ask Cohen that he can answer?

So does this mean we talk to the White House Lawyer?

Or His criminal defense lawyer?

Or his personal lawyer?

Or his personal lawyers lawyer?

What happens if the White House lawyer hires a lawyer?

Or if his criminal defense lawyer hires a lawyer?

when you got nothing, pull in the lawyer who has attorney client privileges. this will be fun, sorry, I can't answer attorney client privileges, sorry can't answer attorney client privileges, sorry can't answer attorney client privileges. hahahahahaha what a fking bunch of stupid congresspeople

You can't have enough lawyers. But more than 4 an evening is most unwise.

What the devil? Attorney-client privilege comes to mind. What are they going to ask Cohen that he can answer?

That's what I was wondering. And does that mean if Trump is impeached and can no longer pardon, would the prosecution be able to even offer immunity?

It is so funny to watch the stupid liberal scum twist in the wind as Trump proves he can make them into their symbol every time they try another twist. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Shit the really funny thing is what is going to happen when the people get tired of this constant badgering and obstruction of their business and say youre FIRED to all of the dimshits in every district but their FEW dark blue areas that are left. Then with a supermajority in the House and the Senate There will be a short sweet investigation and it will go on as the halls of congress are washed with bleach to remove the smell of the shit (dimocrats) that have been ousted. After the tribunals and executions, there will be liberals lying in the streets dead of self inflicted trauma or leaving in droves for Russia and other communist countries they love so dearly. We will all be laughing at them and making sure we reset the constitution to ensure shit like them die as soon as they hit the ground here Maybe even a retroactive abortion law that executes a liberals mother and father along with all siblings, children and any possible dna carriers for their inferior strain.

After all call me a Nazi when it is you who are one, and I may just take up the idea for a while.

Last edited:

If Cohen was present while Trump was speaking to other people, attorney client privilege does not apply.

"Jeff, I need to fire Comey for this Russia thing. Give me some other excuse we can use."

If Trump was speaking to Cohen while other people were present, attorney client privilege does not apply.

"I hate Muslims, don't you?"

If Trump was speaking to Cohen for reasons other than to seek legal advice, attorney client privilege does not apply.

"Does this tie made in China go with this suit made in Mexico?"

Last edited:

If Cohen was present while Trump was speaking to other people, attorney client privilege does not apply.

If Trump was speaking to Cohen while other people were present, attorney client privilege does not apply.
sure it does, why do you think lawyers are present?

sure it does,
Nope.

No matter how the attorney-client privilege is articulated, there are four basic elements necessary to establish its existence: (1) a communication; (2) made between privileged persons; (3) in confidence; (4) for the purpose of seeking, obtaining or providing legal assistance to the client.10

What the Attorney-Client Privilege Really Means – SGR Law

"Jeff, I need to fire Comey for this Russia thing. Give me some other excuse we can use."

"I hate Muslims, don't you?"

If Trump was speaking to Cohen for reasons other than to seek legal advice, attorney client privilege does not apply.

"Does this tie made in China go with this suit made in Mexico?"

An attorney is not a magical cone of silence wherever they go. Four conditions have to be met for the privilege to be present.

Confidential, no other people present.

Providing legal advice.

Not just present, but directly communicated with.

Not an observer of a communication between others.

That's why in the movies you see a lawyer excusing himself from the room when his client and other people in the room begin talking about illegal activities. The privilege is not present. He can be forced to testify to what he heard.

If Cohen was present when Trump was planning an obstruction of justice, he can be made to testify to what he heard.

Last edited:
It sounds as if someone has testified to something Trump said that Cohen heard, or that Cohen said Trump had said or done.

sounds to me like when lawyers start needing lawyers, somebody is fucked.

That's what I was wondering. And does that mean if Trump is impeached and can no longer pardon, would the prosecution be able to even offer immunity?
Clinton was impeached and pardoned all sorts of scum bags.

Forum List

Back