Trump's plan: Repatriation of $1 trillion cash back to the USA...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Apple (AAPL), Microsoft (MSFT), Alphabet (GOOGL), Cisco Systems (CSCO) and Oracle (ORCL) are sitting on $504 billion, or 30%, of the $1.7 trillion in cash and cash equivalents held by U.S. non-financial companies in 2015, according to an analysis released Friday by ratings agency Moody's Investors Service
A third of cash is held by 5 U.S. companies
Much has been written and debated about the “repatriation” of corporate profits which, depending on the source, totals somewhere between $1.3 and $2.1 trillion.

So Trump being the good businessman will push for a lower tax and moratorium on any of the first $1 trillion returning to the USA and a lowering of corporate taxes from the 3rd highest in the world in the process.

What will happen then:
A) companies with this cash won't be borrowing money paying interest.
B) They will go on a hiring spree paying higher wages that then can afford bringing back jobs.
1) More people/employers will then be paying
a) more SS/Medicare
b) and personal taxes
2) Lower unemployment taxes
3) Lower welfare payments
C) Meaning more factories being built.
D) More property taxes being paid.

As a result instead of the anemic 2.67% GDP growth rate this year, may nearly double in 3 years.

Corporate Income Tax Rates around the World, 2015
Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 5.25.16 PM.png

What does this have to do with Duh Donuld?

EXACTLY how will he do that? Think it through. And then post a link to his EXACT plan.

What your links really show is that US citizens pay very high taxes and get very little in return. Drumpf's tax plans would take more from the working an poor classes and slash taxes for his 1% cronies.

Quit being so damn gullible.

It took me awhile to stop laughing at the "what will happen then"
A - this would have no impact on corporate borrowing, just like it doesn't now.
B - a hiring spree? That's absurd. Businesses hire when they need to hire, which renders the rest of your post some kind of fantasy sold to you by a con man. None of those things will happen. Step away from the koolaid.
It cracks me up how people think an absolute political novice like Trump could change any of the crap he talks about. He'd run into a brick wall and backpedal just like he's already doing.

Last edited:
Yeah... it's MUCH BETTER to have all that money OUT of America... the LIBERALS say so.

Talk about fucking STUPID.

What does this have to do with Duh Donuld?

EXACTLY how will he do that? Think it through. And then post a link to his EXACT plan.

What your links really show is that US citizens pay very high taxes and get very little in return. Drumpf's tax plans would take more from the working an poor classes and slash taxes for his 1% cronies.

Quit being so damn gullible.

And quit be such an business ignoramus!
GEEZ you have absolutely no idea of what I am talking about!
A) These companies aren't paying TAXES NOW on that money you dummy!
B) The "poor" and working class would be paying LESS in taxes because why you dumb shit????
These companies would be bringing money back into the economy! Hiring more of those "poor working class"... who WILL be paying instead getting a hand out
in the form of welfare/unemployment checks!
See idiots like you think that taxes just come from the wealthy! You dummies have NO IDEA that for example WALMART!!!
Did you know that Walmart matches dollar for dollar every paycheck the Social Security and Medicare payments that are deducted from the employee's check?
Of course you didn't know because YOU ARE an economic illiterate!

So not only would this Trillions spawn new businesses, create MORE higher paying JOBS but dummies like you seem to not understand the concept of
SS/Medicare Employer payments! ALL of which go into the general fund. Counted as gross revenue by the government. Out of which the government pays the bills.

Trump's proposal would impose a mandatory 10% tax on all of that money, even if the money stays overseas, but allow a few years for the tax to be paid.
The Trump campaign estimates that many companies would choose to bring their money back home, boosting jobs and investment in the U.S.
Trump Plan Cuts Taxes for Millions

But to economic dummies like you this goes way over your head!

It took me awhile to stop laughing at the "what will happen then"
A - this would have no impact on corporate borrowing, just like it doesn't now.
B - a hiring spree? That's absurd. Businesses hire when they need to hire, which renders the rest of your post some kind of fantasy sold to you by a con man. None of those things will happen. Step away from the koolaid.
It cracks me up how people think an absolute political novice like Trump could change any of the crap he talks about. He'd run into a brick wall and backpedal just like he's already doing.

Of course it cracks idiots like you who think YOU are smarter then most Americans who like me KNOW that Trump with his 30 plus years as being an EXECUTIVE
who has hired and "YOU are FIRED" experiences KNOWS how to get things done!
Millions of us who also know how to get things done are pissed at stupid ass politicians that pass more and more bills cost trillions of dollars in compliancy costs when
all that is needed is ENFORCE THE LAWS that are the books NOW!

And of courses idiots like you are so dumb because YOU believe what most people don't...i.e. that the BIASED MSM has been feeding you lies.
Biggest example of a lie is YOU like the MSM think that Trump and millions like me are ANTI-IMMIGRANT!
How f...king DUMB you and the MSM are!
Trump's MARRIED To a LEGAL IMMIGRANT! MY daughter-in-law is a LEGAL IMMIGRANT! And 45 million Americans are "LEGAL immigrants!
SO why in the f...k would we be "ANTI-IMMIGRANT"????? Explain to me that!
What Trump and those of us that believe in the rule of law are AGAINST are "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS"! Do you understand the gigantic difference???
But see you like the idiotic BIASED MSM keep claiming as this Google search shows "Trump's Anti-immigration" About 6,880,000 results (0.58 seconds)
So is it any wonder the dummies like you believe that!
So get idiotic biased attitude straight!
With Trump's plan at least $1 trillion will come back into the country!
That trillion will spawn new buildings, hundreds of thousands of jobs building the buildings, manufacturing here at $20/hour+ because with this CASH
the companies don't have to borrow! Their corporate taxes are lower meaning MORE money to spend on expansions!
Again obviously you have NEVER seen a business plan, nor ever worked on financials so you have NO idea of what I've described!

Yeah... it's MUCH BETTER to have all that money OUT of America... the LIBERALS say so.

exactly why I want to see Trumps tax returns ... I could care less "how much" as I do "where"..

exactly why I want to see Trumps tax returns ... I could care less "how much" as I do "where"..

Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one’s taxes.
Billings Learned Hand (January 27, 1872August 18, 1961), usually called simply Learned Hand, was an American judge famous as an avid supporter of free speech and for applying economic reasoning to American tort law. He is noted as one of the most influential American judges to have never served on the Supreme Court of the United States. Learned Hand - Wikiquote

And so would Trump and any other American... arrange to pay as low as possible and if this is OFFSHORE... so be it!
Why would you not?
As a good business person work towards lowering any of your operating costs, including tax payments. That's not unpatriotic.
The true unpatriotic are those idiots like Warren Buffett, Bill Gates who pompously decry these tax lowering efforts WHILE THEY pay the minimum!

Why not give what they think they should to the Federal government...
here is the address https://www.fms.treas.gov/faq/moretopics_gifts.html
Gifts to the United States Government
How do I make a contribution to the U.S. government?
Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.
Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

for any of you that feel like our federal government needs more money to spend on:
  • The National Science Foundation has granted more than $200,000 to a research project that is trying to determine how and why Wikipedia is sexist.
  • The National Institute of Health funded a study to see if mothers love dogs as much as they love kids. Regardless of the results, this experiment cost taxpayers $371,026.
  • The federal government has granted $804,254 for the development of a smartphone game called “Kiddio: Food Fight.” The game is intended to teach parents how to convince their children to try and eat new healthier food choices.
  • The National Endowment for the Humanities has provided $47,000 for undergraduate classes that teach students about laughing and humor.
  • The National Science Foundation spent $856,000 to teach mountain lions how to walk on treadmills as part of a research project whose aim was to better understand mountain lions’ instincts.
Top 7 Wackiest Examples of Wasteful Government Spending from Wastebook 2014

Trump the tax cheat is going to get the IRS to impose taxes.
Care to enlighten the class how Trump has cheated?

Obviously you’ve seen his tax returns…oh wait. you haven’t.

What’s he hiding.
You're the idiot who made the accusation, thus the burden of proof is on you. I knew you had none which is why I baited you with my post, knowing you'd double down on your lefty idiocy.

Thanks for playing.

What’s he hiding.
You're the idiot who made the accusation, thus the burden of proof is on you. I knew you had none which is why I baited you with my post, knowing you'd double down on your lefty idiocy.

Thanks for playing.

He won’t release his tax returns.
Obviously he’s hiding something.
Thanks for bumping it to da-top.

What’s he hiding.

Thanks for playing.

You're welcome.

Look at it as a PSA to keep folks apprised of your idiocy, tactics, etc. You made the accusation for which you have no proof, so thanks for reminding everyone.

What’s he hiding.

Thanks for playing.

You're welcome.

Look at it as a PSA to keep folks apprised of your idiocy, tactics, etc. You made the accusation for which you have no proof, so thanks for reminding everyone.

Trump is obviously not paying his fair share. Otherwise your messiah would show his returns.

I haven’t had batting practice today, thanks for pitching

What’s he hiding.

Thanks for playing.

You're welcome.

Trump is obviously not paying his fair share. Otherwise your messiah would show his returns.

I haven’t had batting practice today, thanks for pitching
Wrong sport but not surprising considering the source. You're the one who's moved the goal posts from Trump is a tax cheat to now he's not paying his fair share.

Are you sure you're not JoeyB Dolezal in drag?

What’s he hiding.

Thanks for playing.

What he's hiding is the fact he made and paid very little in federal taxes on paper. Anyone that makes $1M or more in taxable income (me) pays far less percentage of income in federal tax than you do by funneling the income through a corporation for added tax benefits. That's why corporations only contribute 12% to the total collected by the IRS. You and your contribute the most.

Trump is the green line. You are the red line......

tax-collection-2006-2015.jpg

The next time someone says or writes business pays too much in federal taxes, you can say BS.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back