🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's relationship with the truth is becoming a national embarrassment

It's astounding that we've been told for the last 24 years that it doesn't matter if the president lies and all of a sudden these people complain when the president lies.

Go figure.

It has been a national embarrassment.

I've never had such a low opinion of Americans then after this election. My god, what a stupid bunch of fucking idiots!

Trump and honesty is about as foreign as Pluto is to the sun.

Trump is just a natural liar!

It's astounding that we've been told for the last 24 years that it doesn't matter if the president lies and all of a sudden these people complain when the president lies.

Go figure.

Hmm please show me a post where someone that isn't a Trump supporter says it is ok for a President to lie. About the only time I can find that people would say it was ok was Bill Clinton lying about his blow job because it was personal business that had nothing to do with his job and he shouldn't have even been asked about it.

That's NOT my opinion on it... I think he should have been kicked out of the White House for lying, but that is where I know people would have said it was ok.

Trump's relationship with the truth is becoming a national embarrassment

Amen! Trump reminds me of a rabid animal - foaming at the mouth and infecting everything he touches.

I believe Pres Trump is a DANGER to our Nation, and needs to be removed from office by Pence and congress, and we should put Pence in as acting President and commit Trump to an insane asylum until he is treated and heeled from his mental disorders and fit, to serve our Nation as our Nation deserves!!! :D

(CNN) Donald Trump's peculiar relationship with the truth -- his penchant for promoting unfounded stories and conspiracies theories -- represents not just a curious quirk or a character flaw. They are a much-practiced technique that has paid dividends as self-promotion in his business career and in his political rise. Over decades spent in the company of yes men and yes women, he has been able to fire off nonsense without question or rebuke.

But now he is President Trump, and his breezy spewing of falsehoods has become a national embarrassment --a threat to U.S. security and America's standing in the world.

White House officials have just had to apologize to the United Kingdom for smearing the British intelligence agency by making false statements . This is a sign of things to come.

Indeed questions about Trump's wiretapping allegations against Barack Obama, and Press Secretary Sean Spicer's regurgitation of Fox News commentary, came up during Trump's press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel Friday--further evidence that the rest of the world is paying attention. He took no responsibility and said if there were questions about the allegation, people should ask Fox News about it.

What should concern every citizen is that Trump's crumbling credibility will not be limited to him. America itself is losing credibility. If the president of the United States cannot be taken at his word, America's arguments on the global stage will be easily dismissed. This will have profound and very specific consequences as the country faces new and old challenges, which will require the support of other nations.

That became clear in the latest chapter in the bizarre story of Trump's claim that Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump Tower. The accusation, which would be extraordinarily grave if it contained a shred of truth, has been denied by intelligence officials and discredited by well-informed Democrats and Republicans. And yet, on Thursday, Trump had sent Press Secretary Sean Spicer to do battle with the truth once again.

Presumably following his boss's instructions, Spicer proceeded to repeat yet another unfounded rumor, this one slandering America's top ally, the United Kingdom. He read a claim by Fox News commentator Andrew Napolitano that Obama maneuvered around US agencies by partnering with GCHQ, the secretive British intelligence agency, to spy on Trump.

The British, not surprisingly, were furious. The phones in the White House started ringing immediately after the press briefing. The Trump administration had triggered a wholly unnecessary diplomatic crisis by once again treating the truth with casual contempt.

Rest here: Trump's peculiar relationship with the truth is becoming a national embarrassment (opinion) - CNN.com

----------------------------------------
Great piece. As each day goes by, Trump is slowly unraveling the very fabric of America and it's getting fucking scary as hell.

:D

I believe Pres Trump is a DANGER to our Nation, and needs to be removed from office by Pence and congress, and we should put Pence in as acting President and commit Trump to an insane asylum until he is treated and heeled from his mental disorders and fit, to serve our Nation as our Nation deserves!!! :D
Lol....... You're 'Triggered'!

I believe Pres Trump is a DANGER to our Nation, and needs to be removed from office by Pence and congress, and we should put Pence in as acting President and commit Trump to an insane asylum until he is treated and heeled [healed] from his mental disorders and fit, to serve our Nation as our Nation deserves!!! :D

HystericallyLaughingmanandboy.gif

(CNN) Donald Trump's peculiar relationship with the truth -- his penchant for promoting unfounded stories and conspiracies theories -- represents not just a curious quirk or a character flaw. They are a much-practiced technique that has paid dividends as self-promotion in his business career and in his political rise. Over decades spent in the company of yes men and yes women, he has been able to fire off nonsense without question or rebuke.

But now he is President Trump, and his breezy spewing of falsehoods has become a national embarrassment --a threat to U.S. security and America's standing in the world.

White House officials have just had to apologize to the United Kingdom for smearing the British intelligence agency by making false statements . This is a sign of things to come.

Indeed questions about Trump's wiretapping allegations against Barack Obama, and Press Secretary Sean Spicer's regurgitation of Fox News commentary, came up during Trump's press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel Friday--further evidence that the rest of the world is paying attention. He took no responsibility and said if there were questions about the allegation, people should ask Fox News about it.

What should concern every citizen is that Trump's crumbling credibility will not be limited to him. America itself is losing credibility. If the president of the United States cannot be taken at his word, America's arguments on the global stage will be easily dismissed. This will have profound and very specific consequences as the country faces new and old challenges, which will require the support of other nations.

That became clear in the latest chapter in the bizarre story of Trump's claim that Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump Tower. The accusation, which would be extraordinarily grave if it contained a shred of truth, has been denied by intelligence officials and discredited by well-informed Democrats and Republicans. And yet, on Thursday, Trump had sent Press Secretary Sean Spicer to do battle with the truth once again.

Presumably following his boss's instructions, Spicer proceeded to repeat yet another unfounded rumor, this one slandering America's top ally, the United Kingdom. He read a claim by Fox News commentator Andrew Napolitano that Obama maneuvered around US agencies by partnering with GCHQ, the secretive British intelligence agency, to spy on Trump.

The British, not surprisingly, were furious. The phones in the White House started ringing immediately after the press briefing. The Trump administration had triggered a wholly unnecessary diplomatic crisis by once again treating the truth with casual contempt.

Rest here: Trump's peculiar relationship with the truth is becoming a national embarrassment (opinion) - CNN.com

Great piece. As each day goes by, Trump is slowly unraveling the very fabric of America and it's getting fucking scary as hell.

that's funny coming from a supporter of the prior administration and a Hillary backer. Very funny indeed.

Go figure.

Hmm please show me a post where someone that isn't a Trump supporter says it is ok for a President to lie. About the only time I can find that people would say it was ok was Bill Clinton lying about his blow job because it was personal business that had nothing to do with his job and he shouldn't have even been asked about it.

That's NOT my opinion on it... I think he should have been kicked out of the White House for lying, but that is where I know people would have said it was ok.

That's not how strawmen work. He says things happened then you are supposed to accept it. It's his way of defending being lied to. Of course once he's shown to defend Trump's constant lies hell do the old dance...

"I'm not defending him I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy" Waka waka!

the daily howler

^^^liberals to the core. Liberals don't bite. Promise.

Loser butt hurt is already a national embarrassment.

lol, hilarious that you can still run on the "butthurt" excuse. No one is falling for your bullshit anymore. Trump is a serious threat at this point.

Yep, after 3 months the only thing they can still come up with is "butthurt" because they can't defend the motherfucker.
I'll defend him. Every EO he has made I am for. Every move in legislation I'm for although I wish the obiecare repeal was just that, a repeal, but we will see where it goes.

A budget that makes sense.
Planned parenthood on the chopping block.
Shrinking government.
An EPA brought back under control.
No more of this globull warming bullshit.
A conservative SCOTUS nominee you aholes have no chance to block.
Mining is back.
Building pipelines is back.
Jobs are coming back.
You morons are losing your shit on a daily basis.

Seriously, what's not to like?

A budget that allows people to freeze to death as well as a number of items that Congress will likely stop
Allowing miners to pollute the rivers with coal waste
Allowing big airlines to pull a bait and switch on consumers by not disclosing fees that are tacked onto cheap fares
Allowing financial advisors to put their interests above their clients
An EPA that is run by a corrupt Republican
Wall Street control of the Cabinet positions that deal with the economy
Jobs have been coming back to the US for a number of years

Donald Trump is a liar and nothing else. Obama's problem was that he made no sense. Trump needs to be fact checked on anything he says.

As usual democrats set the embarrassment bar too high. How could Bill Clinton not have been the biggest embarrassment in American history? The freaking left lived on conspiracy theories during Hillary's husband's tenure and apparently they thrived on it. Bill Clinton ignored the first attack on the World Trade Center, created a national dialog about sodomy and BJ's when he was caught with his pants down and then he convinced the criminal conspiracy in the MSM and the loyal democrats that bombing a defenseless country in freaking Europe was a good idea while the same monster jihad terrorist group that bombed the WTC early in his first term was attending freaking flight school in Florida.

Last edited:
^^aww he tried to change the subject. That's cute.

Yeah it has nothing to do with the subject... and last I checked Bill Clinton hasn't been President since... 2001? He's about as relevant now as Warren Harding. Hey let's talk about the Teapot Dome scandal!

Forum List

Back