Trump's state visit to Britain put on hold

waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.... poor little whiney diaper baby donny doesn't wannna see people protesting him there............

too fucking bad asshole. EVERYWHERE you go- you are despised & are worthy of mocking every day of your life.

AFP_LV74K-4115.jpg

It's anonymous gossip. I don't believe it.

Downing Street spokeswoman said it would not comment. “We aren’t going to comment on speculation about the contents of private phone conversations. The Queen extended an invitation to President Trump to visit the UK and there is no change to those plans.”

The White House said in statement: “The President has tremendous respect for Prime Minister May. That subject never came up on the call.”

Jenna Johnson, a Washington Post reporter tweeted to say that the White House press secretary had told her the Guardian’s report was “false” but added that the White House “won’t say when Trump plans to go to the UK”.

Cause for celebration -

Donald Trump's state visit to Britain put on hold

US president told Theresa May he did not want trip to go ahead if there were large-scale public protests
He's really limiting his travel destinations if that's his reasoning.

Well, let's be honest. There is no reason really for any politician to spend the people's money on sightseeing junkets anyway.

There is a unique invention that renders it unecessary.

Cause for celebration -

US president told Theresa May he did not want trip to go ahead if there were large-scale public protests

Well, let's be honest. There is no reason really for any politician to spend the people's money on sightseeing junkets anyway.

you mean like his trips to his own golf course courtesy of the american taxpayers?

Cause for celebration -

Donald wants to ride in the Royal Carriage. That's true. I read it shortly after the invitation.

Cause for celebration -

Donald wants to ride in the Royal Carriage. That's true. I read it shortly after the invitation.

that seriously would not surprize me if true. he loooooved all that glitz, glamour & attention spilled on him from the saudis.

Last edited:
Donald Trump doesn't want to go to Britain because he's not going to be greeted by fawning crowds? Say it ain't so.

Guess that means Saudi Arabia is going to become our new best friend.

Cause for celebration -

Really? Not only did May invite Trump, but The Queen courteously did so as well...and he's not going to go. Dear, God, what have we done by electing that man?

The general public in Britain protesting Trump and his policies is enough to dissuade him from making a state visit to the UK, our most ardent ally? Really?!? Oh, my....I had no idea his need for "adoring crowds" is that profound.

Cause for celebration -

you mean like his trips to his own golf course courtesy of the american taxpayers?

At least he gets free green and cart fees.

Cause for celebration -

that seriously would not surprize if true. he loooooved all that glitz, glamour & attention on him spilled on him from the saudis.
Trump is like a 3rd world dictator. More concerned with appearances and the illusion he's crafting than with what's actually happening.

Cause for celebration -

that seriously would not surprize if true. he loooooved all that glitz, glamour & attention on him spilled on him from the saudis.
It's true. I read a reputable source that he had requested it. It was causing a little security kerfluffle (when Obama visited he decided to forego the Carriage to give British security a "break"). But nothing they weren't willing to handle.

Cause for celebration -

I wouldn't want to turn that down, would you? Meet the queen? Man! She's something else.

I think she probably had Diana killed, though.

Cause for celebration -

It's true. I read a reputable source that he had requested it. It was causing a little security kerfluffle (when Obama visited he decided to forego the Carriage to give British security a "break"). But nothing they weren't willing to handle.
Trump does love his gilt. :rolleyes:

Cause for celebration -

Really? The general public in Britain protesting Trump and his policies is enough to dissuade him from making a state visit to the UK, our most ardent ally? Really?!? Oh, my....I had no idea his need for "adoring crowds" is that profound.
I'm sure he had a completely unselfish reason, like he wanted to spare Great Britain the extra security headache. LOL LOL LOL
Like I said, though, I'm not convinced it's true. The fact that there hasn't been a date set yet, though, is a point in the rumor's favor. I seem to recall it was originally going to be in September or October--early fall, anyway. That's not so far away; you'd think they'd be setting it up by now?

Forum List

Back