Zone1 truth about Elohim

Who was the God of the Old Testament

The Apostle John teaches us that Jehovah was not God the Father. John 1:18 tells us that nobody up to that time had seen the Father.

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

However, we see from the Old Testament that the Great I AM, aka Jehovah did appear unto his prophets of Old and they saw him.

Exodus 6:2-3
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Genesis 32:30
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

So the God who spoke to Moses and appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses was none other than Jehovah. But according to John 1:18 this was not God the Father. No man up until that time had seen the Father. So who was the God who appeared to them of old? The link provided at the top of this post tells us that it was Jesus Christ. Jesus was the Great I AM and Jehovah.

John 8:54-59
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I Am.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

From the article you posted:

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints claims that the name of the Church was given to Joseph Smith by revelation. However, when Smith first organized the Church in 1830 it was called the “Church of Christ.” Four years later the name was changed to the “Church of Latter-day Saints.” In 1838, it was changed again, this time to the “Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,” as it is known today."

However? The revelation of the Lord to name his church was not given until 1838. But this con and delusion would have you believe that we changed the name all the time in spite of the Lord naming his church (which was in 1838). What a con and delusion this article is trying get people to believe.

He's writing about what is happening in the 2nd century BC in 164 BC. That's not prophecy.. that's contemporaneous.
That's writing down something known by the people since Daniel (620-538 BC) Ezekiel even refers to him. Ezekiel 1414,20 and 20:3, "Behold, thou are wiser than Daniel...? There are many books in the OT that are lost but spoken of. Apparently, or possibly, the book was found in 164 BC. Judaism at that point had lost it's way as the Great Synagogue or Sanhedrin had lost their way. It's known that it may have actually been Ezra who decided that prophets were no longer to be lifted up on a pedestal. That prophets were merely messengers and that the Great Sanhedrin Rabbis were the interpreters and to not believe the prophets interpretations. Eventually, prophets were eliminated by Judaism as they were by Christians after the disappearance of John the Revelator. That the heavens are closed and God will no longer speak to us. But, Daniel is most certain a prophet, seer and revelator and did exist. Scholars are charlatans at best. They spin their webs doing exactly what the Great Sanhedrin did and basically eliminate God and his miracles. I don't believe the conclusions of scholars. I follow prophets of God.

Correct, They are God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost and are one in purpose and agreement. As long as each has authority over us, they are our God and our Father's God.
God gave Jesus authority. If he were God would have already had the authority.

God gave Jesus authority. If he were God would have already had the authority.
That's right and Jesus is Lord God over us. He is our redeemer meaning he has redeemed or taken over us as our Lord God. He paid the necessary price through the atonement and we are now His. It's even appropriate to call him our Father as well because we are now his children too. You JW's get lost in the weeds.

Elohim translates--Supreme one or mighty one
Elijah translates-El is Yhwh
Israel translates-prince of EL
Angels and judges were called Elohim= proof it is not a name but a title
Psalm 109:26= Help me YHWH my Elohim

Those claiming it to be a name are wrong.
ISis
RA
El
Get it ?

That's right and Jesus is Lord God over us. He is our redeemer meaning he has redeemed or taken over us as our Lord God. He paid the necessary price through the atonement and we are now His. It's even appropriate to call him our Father as well because we are now his children too. You JW's get lost in the weeds.
That is twisted thinking. No mortal could kill God.

That is twisted thinking. No mortal could kill God.
Are you deaf and dumb? You act like it. Read the NT and not your version of filth and abomination as your JW Church is abominable above all others. Jehovah came off His Thrown on the right hand of the Father. He was a spirit. His spirit entered into the body that Mother Mary created for him by the Father's seed and conceived by the assistance of the Holy Ghost. Jesus was both mortal and the Son of God with his powers and authority. That's how he healed the sick. In the beginning, the Lord. And the Lord was with His Father. And, the Lord was also God. If you have seen me you have seen the Father for they both are with the Father's power and authority as they work as one to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of mankind. As such, he was subject to the world and the temptations as well. But, because he kept his covenants with his Father in Heaven, he went through life without sinning. Why do you think the Israelites used unblemished animals for sacrifice. It was a similitude of the only begotten of the Father in the flesh. Thus, Jesus atoned for our sins as a spotless person of human condition of mortality. And, yes, as Isaiah wrote in chapter 53, he was brought to the slaughter and killed so that he could fulfill the atonement by his resurrection. Only his body died as only our bodies will die. Our spirits return to where they came. Some will go then to paradise while others hell and await our resurrection. Death is not for ever and Jesus said this many times. So did Isaiah, Together we will die but with my body, together will shall rise and live again. It's so sad to see you good people blinded by the craftiness of men.

Are you deaf and dumb? You act like it. Read the NT and not your version of filth and abomination as your JW Church is abominable above all others. Jehovah came off His Thrown on the right hand of the Father. He was a spirit. His spirit entered into the body that Mother Mary created for him by the Father's seed and conceived by the assistance of the Holy Ghost. Jesus was both mortal and the Son of God with his powers and authority. That's how he healed the sick. In the beginning, the Lord. And the Lord was with His Father. And, the Lord was also God. If you have seen me you have seen the Father for they both are with the Father's power and authority as they work as one to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of mankind. As such, he was subject to the world and the temptations as well. But, because he kept his covenants with his Father in Heaven, he went through life without sinning. Why do you think the Israelites used unblemished animals for sacrifice. It was a similitude of the only begotten of the Father in the flesh. Thus, Jesus atoned for our sins as a spotless person of human condition of mortality. And, yes, as Isaiah wrote in chapter 53, he was brought to the slaughter and killed so that he could fulfill the atonement by his resurrection. Only his body died as only our bodies will die. Our spirits return to where they came. Some will go then to paradise while others hell and await our resurrection. Death is not for ever and Jesus said this many times. So did Isaiah, Together we will die but with my body, together will shall rise and live again. It's so sad to see you good people blinded by the craftiness of men.
God will show us all--and when you see you serve a divided house that will not stand, there will be weeping and knashing of teeth.

God will show us all--and when you see you serve a divided house that will not stand, there will be weeping and knashing of teeth.
What divided house? Our Church is doing just fine. While the other 40,000 Christian sects have banded together, we are not with them for they are all wrong as yours is. Yours and all the rest are part of the great abominable church of Satan. As Christian churches are falling to the woke work of Satan, we are not. Too bad you don’t believe Christ is the Son of God, literally.

What divided house? Our Church is doing just fine. While the other 40,000 Christian sects have banded together, we are not with them for they are all wrong as yours is. Yours and all the rest are part of the great abominable church of Satan. As Christian churches are falling to the woke work of Satan, we are not. Too bad you don’t believe Christ is the Son of God, literally.

We know 100% he is Gods son, he is not God.

If he is God's Son, then he has all of God's attributes, power and authority. As I've stated, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. All separate personages with different jobs to do. Just listen to yourself when you say these things. Baffling.

True, Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is his only begotten son in the flesh and his firstborn son among God's spirit children. He was commissioned to be a part of the Godhead. Thus he acts in the name of the Father and in behalf of the Father. Jesus was the creator of this earth and the member of the Godhead whom the Father worked through in the old testament named Jehovah. He was the one who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses. He is the Savior of the world.

Hosea 13:4
4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Isaiah 43:11
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Speaking of the Father, John the Apostle states:

18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

It was Jesus who appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses and not the Father. The Father and Son and Holy Ghost work together as one God and Jesus has acted in behalf of the Father throughout the old and new testament. Jesus is the Great I AM and Jehovah.

John 8:56-59

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Last edited:
True, Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is his only begotten son in the flesh and his firstborn son among God's spirit children. He was commissioned to be a part of the Godhead. Thus he acts in the name of the Father and in behalf of the Father. Jesus was the creator of this earth and the member of the Godhead whom the Father worked through in the old testament named Jehovah. He was the one who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses. He is the Savior of the world.

4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

It was Jesus who appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses and not the Father. The Father and Son and Holy Ghost work together as one God and Jesus has acted in behalf of the Father throughout the old and new testament. Jesus is the Great I AM and Jehovah.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I Am.

She's unfortunately blinded by the false prophet scholars who falsely predicted the end of the world 5 times. Yet, she believes there inaccurate translations of the Bible.

The name Elohim has a plural ending. Probably because the Godhead is made up of three personages, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

If he is God's Son, then he has all of God's attributes, power and authority. As I've stated, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. All separate personages with different jobs to do. Just listen to yourself when you say these things. Baffling.
The bible teaches God gave those things to Jesus. If he were God he already had them, but he didnt. The real reason only the Fathers will gets done is because he is the only true God.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

In the OT YHWH (Jehovah) was the only savior. Jesus didnt become savior until he completed his ransom sacrifice. He could have failed.
The Hebrews say the statement in the OT does not translate-i am that i am--i will be what i will be is correct. They know their language better than any trinitarian. Jesus answered the question posed to him that is all-he lived before Abraham.

Forum List

Back