Zone1 truth about Elohim

In the OT YHWH (Jehovah) was the only savior. Jesus didnt become savior until he completed his ransom sacrifice. He could have failed.
The Hebrews say the statement in the OT does not translate-i am that i am--i will be what i will be is correct. They know their language better than any trinitarian. Jesus answered the question posed to him that is all-he lived before Abraham.
Jesus was chosen to be the Savior of the world before the foundation of the world. God the Father chosen and ordained him to be the Savior. Why? Because God the Father could rely upon Jesus to come through with the atoning sacrifice so, no Jesus would not have failed. God knows his children intimately and knew the character of Jesus before ordaining him as Savior before the foundation of this earth. He knew his character before he ever came to this earth and this is why he was chosen to be a member of the Godhead. The atonement was too critical of a mission for the Father to choose someone that he knew would fail. God knows the end from the beginning and knew that Jesus would not fail him even though Jesus did have free will.

The Biblical meaning of "I AM"

1 Peter 1:19-20
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Last edited:
The bible teaches God gave those things to Jesus. If he were God he already had them, but he didnt. The real reason only the Fathers will gets done is because he is the only true God.
That's right and because the Father gave Jesus, the Son, the authority and power, he is also our God. Again, "God" is a title and it should be "Godhead." And, no, Jehovah is Jesus and Jehovah did not always have the power nor the authority of His Father. Neither did we as we were there with both of them before the foundations of the universe were laid. I'm sorry you have a false gospel and no authority to preach the doctrine of Christ. But, we do.

norwegen

Daniel is not considered a prophet but an historian by educated Christians. Well, some think he's a prophet until they realize it was written in 164 BC when the Jews rededicated the temple.

Why did Joseph Smith teach the heavens were closed? Obviously they weren't since Jesus told the thief he would be in paradise with Jesus.
Some have considered Daniel a prophet, including Jesus.

Save for the kingdom and Jerusalem’s demise, prophecy of the Old Covenant scarcely prognosticated distant futures; historically, people altered their behavior because prophecy was conditional in the present, as Jeremiah explains:

If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it. (Jer 18:7-10)​

The prophets called the holy people back to Torah, or to repentance. Prophets delivered divine ultimatums; obedience resulted in a promise of blessing, and disobedience resulted in a threat of curse. Prophecies were either words of encouragement to a beleaguered people or a reckoning of judgment to a wayward people; prophets voiced these utterances for their contemporaries to act on one way or the other.

And Daniel was one who uttered one of those rare end-of-age prophecies when he said that an empire from heaven (built by no human hand) would fill the earth (Dn 2:34-35). Well, the nations of the Israelites - all twelve of them - ultimately were crushed, as were Babylon, Greece, Persia, Rome, and all the rest. Christianity came from heaven, filled the earth, and survives indefinitely.

Some have considered Daniel a prophet, including Jesus.

Save for the kingdom and Jerusalem’s demise, prophecy of the Old Covenant scarcely prognosticated distant futures; historically, people altered their behavior because prophecy was conditional in the present, as Jeremiah explains:

If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it. (Jer 18:7-10)​

The prophets called the holy people back to Torah, or to repentance. Prophets delivered divine ultimatums; obedience resulted in a promise of blessing, and disobedience resulted in a threat of curse. Prophecies were either words of encouragement to a beleaguered people or a reckoning of judgment to a wayward people; prophets voiced these utterances for their contemporaries to act on one way or the other.

And Daniel was one who uttered one of those rare end-of-age prophecies when he said that an empire from heaven (built by no human hand) would fill the earth (Dn 2:34-35). Well, the nations of the Israelites - all twelve of them - ultimately were crushed, as were Babylon, Greece, Persia, Rome, and all the rest. Christianity came from heaven, filled the earth, and survives indefinitely.

My point is that Daniel wrote about the earlier abomination of desolation when Antiochus IV Epiphanies defiled the temple. Jesus referred to that.

My point is that Daniel wrote about the earlier abomination of desolation when Antiochus IV Epiphanies defiled the temple. Jesus referred to that.
Okay, yea, Antiochus IV was an abomination of desolation in the Jewish temple.

In the apostles' generation, I'm not sure who such a character was, though obviously one of Israel's own.

Perhaps most directly it was Phannias ben Samuel. The Zealots defiled the priesthood. They murdered the priest Jonathan, the Sicarii pulling the knife to draw his blood (Wars 2.13.3). They then proceeded to annul the succession of Levitical high priests, “ordaining” ignoble outsiders of their choosing for that office by casting lots. The first to take this position by fortune was a man named Phannias ben Samuel, who was not of the family of high priests and who not only was unable to discharge the duties of the High Priest but did not even comprehend exactly what the high priesthood was, so rustic was his breeding (Wars 4.3.8).

Last edited:
Okay, yea, Antiochus IV was an abomination of desolation in the Jewish temple.

In the apostles' generation, I'm not sure who such a character was, though obviously one of Israel's own.

Perhaps most directly it was Phannias be Samuel. The Zealots defiled the priesthood. They murdered the priest Jonathan, the Sicarii pulling the knife to draw his blood (Wars 2.13.3). They then proceeded to annul the succession of Levitical high priests, “ordaining” ignoble outsiders of their choosing for that office by casting lots. The first to take this position by fortune was a man named Phannias ben Samuel, who was not of the family of high priests and who not only was unable to discharge the duties of the High Priest but did not even comprehend exactly what the high priesthood was, so rustic was his breeding (Wars 4.3.8).

Antiochus IV put Zeus in the temple and sacrificed pigs.

I never heard of Phannias.. thanks.

Jesus was chosen to be the Savior of the world before the foundation of the world. God the Father chosen and ordained him to be the Savior. Why? Because God the Father could rely upon Jesus to come through with the atoning sacrifice so, no Jesus would not have failed. God knows his children intimately and knew the character of Jesus before ordaining him as Savior before the foundation of this earth. He knew his character before he ever came to this earth and this is why he was chosen to be a member of the Godhead. The atonement was too critical of a mission for the Father to choose someone that he knew would fail. God knows the end from the beginning and knew that Jesus would not fail him even though Jesus did have free will.

The Biblical meaning of "I AM"

1 Peter 1:19-20
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Jesus answered the pharisees question honestly-when he said before Abraham was-i am)--he lived before Abraham. anything else is twisting it.

That's right and because the Father gave Jesus, the Son, the authority and power, he is also our God. Again, "God" is a title and it should be "Godhead." And, no, Jehovah is Jesus and Jehovah did not always have the power nor the authority of His Father. Neither did we as we were there with both of them before the foundations of the universe were laid. I'm sorry you have a false gospel and no authority to preach the doctrine of Christ. But, we do.

That is pure nonsense. YHWH is Jehovah=the Father, the only true God.

It is fascinating that you are calling Jesus a liar.

Jesus wasn't lying. He knew that Antiochus IV defiled the temple until his death in 164 BC. He also knew about the Maccabean revolt and the forced conversion of the Edomites.

Jesus wasn't lying. He knew that Antiochus IV defiled the temple until his death in 164 BC. He also knew about the Maccabean revolt and the forced conversion of the Edomites.

Is Jesus lying?

New King James Version
“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand),

Is Jesus lying?

New King James Version
“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand),

Some Christians consider Daniel a prophet. Some Jews consider Daniel an historian. It was written by Jewish Sages in 164 BC.

Who wrote that gospel? It wasn't Jesus.

You are no Christian. You never were. Once you deny the truth of the Word you deny the entire Bible. But you know that. Anyone who claims the death and resurrection is an "epic myth" is going straight to hell.

Nope. I said that about Noah's flood.

Not a word in there about the flood is there.

No you aren't. You deny many of the tenets of Christianity. By removing the supernatural from God you deny the story of Creation, you deny the virgin birth, you deny the resurrection. You are a run of the mill deist at best.
Obviously your faith hangs on these epic myths. Do you give much thought to the message?

Forum List

Back