Try saying "I can't breathe" 11 times without taking a breath.

Venomous attitude of the right, meet venomous attitude of the left...Rarr! Come on now, this chokehold has been banned by most police forces in the US, because of deaths like this guy Garner. But methinks thou protest too much...All this guy had to do was submit to being arrested, a far wiser and less confrontational approach. Screwing with cops isn't exactly a wise move, and I am not feeling the pain of the black community here. And these "protests" are more like temper tantrums being thrown by childish ignorant people needing to belong to a cause, no matter how pretentious and phony. RARR! Hands up, don't shoot. I can't breath! What bunch of tools.

So you think continuing to choke him after he was on the ground and handcuffed was proper police procedure? The video is easily found. Why don't you tell me exactly how he was resisting, because I don't see it.
Didn't say that. Chris Rock had a skit about this, to all young black men (or just stupid people with anger/aggression issues): Don't mess around with the police. They will kill you. That is all I am saying. It is pretty simple, it's more a stupid people vs reality thing.

Venomous attitude of the right, meet venomous attitude of the left...Rarr! Come on now, this chokehold has been banned by most police forces in the US, because of deaths like this guy Garner. But methinks thou protest too much...All this guy had to do was submit to being arrested, a far wiser and less confrontational approach. Screwing with cops isn't exactly a wise move, and I am not feeling the pain of the black community here. And these "protests" are more like temper tantrums being thrown by childish ignorant people needing to belong to a cause, no matter how pretentious and phony. RARR! Hands up, don't shoot. I can't breath! What bunch of tools.

So you think continuing to choke him after he was on the ground and handcuffed was proper police procedure? The video is easily found. Why don't you tell me exactly how he was resisting, because I don't see it.
Didn't say that. Chris Rock had a skit about this, to all young black men (or just stupid people with anger/aggression issues): Don't mess around with the police. They will kill you. That is all I am saying. It is pretty simple, it's more a stupid people vs reality thing.

It's obvious that that is the reality of things. I thought we were discussing whether that reality is something that we as a country should tolerate. I don't think cops have or should have a 007 style license to kill whenever the mood hits. Do you?

What I find astounding is the character assassination of the dead goes on and on.

Trying to call the guy who died a liar...... smh.
I remember liberals calling a bully, a gentle giant.

Bullshit. You remember his family calling him that.

And then you remember conservatives assholes using the term ironically.

Get it?
He was reported as the gentle giant. Now he is known as hands up don't shoot.

So after he pretended he couldn't breathe, he pretended to die?

If you can talk, you can breathe.

And if you can't breathe you suffocate to death. So how did Eric Garner die, in your opinion? Old age?

When was saying I can't breathe, he could breathe or he wouldn't be able to say that.

So, you're saying he could breathe? Then he didn't die by suffocating? You should let the medical examiner know, since that is what he determined to be the cause of death and, as you so aptly pointed out, it was obviously not suffocation.
If he was talking he was. I'm trained to alleviate someone choking if they have an full airway obstruction. One of the ways that is determined is they aren't breathing becuase they are making sounds, coughing, etc. If they are coughing, they're breathing. I let them cough until they either get the parital obstruction out or it becomes full at which time they aren't breathing.

Ok, then can you explain how it was that while being choked Eric Garner could breathe but died of suffocation anyway?

And if you can't breathe you suffocate to death. So how did Eric Garner die, in your opinion? Old age?

When was saying I can't breathe, he could breathe or he wouldn't be able to say that.

So, you're saying he could breathe? Then he didn't die by suffocating? You should let the medical examiner know, since that is what he determined to be the cause of death and, as you so aptly pointed out, it was obviously not suffocation.
If he was talking he was. I'm trained to alleviate someone choking if they have an full airway obstruction. One of the ways that is determined is they aren't breathing becuase they are making sounds, coughing, etc. If they are coughing, they're breathing. I let them cough until they either get the parital obstruction out or it becomes full at which time they aren't breathing.

So you think anything less than a full airway obstruction is not a problem? That's just stupid.

That you think they are the same degree makes you stupid. Run along son, those who have a clue are speaking.

Ok, then can you explain how it was that while being choked Eric Garner could breathe but died of suffocation anyway?

He could talk.

This is where you need to focus. You are assuming the chances are low. That assumption is flawed.

No evidence has been shown to support the claim that Garner was engaged in illegal activity.

He was reported to the Police by at least one store owner for selling cigarettes in front of his store. There are at least 5 or 6 city ordinances against that practice.

How many of those ordinances are capital crimes that can be enforced without due process?

Depends on how the moron acts when confronted when committing them.

Resisting arrest in NY is a misdemeanor. There are no misdemeanors in NY that are capital crimes.

I haven't been in NY for a number of years, but you can refresh my memory? If someone resists arrest in NY does the arresting officer say excuse me, and then walk away?

They don't walk away where I live is someone resists. Seems those who simply see black thug and white cop think that if the person doesn't want to be arrested, he/she should be let go.

He could talk.

Avoiding the question?

He could talk, therefore he could breathe but died of unrelated asphyxiation. That's your answer?

If he's not breaking the law, what are the chances that multiple officers would even have approached him?

This is where you need to focus. You are assuming the chances are low. That assumption is flawed.

No evidence has been shown to support the claim that Garner was engaged in illegal activity.

He was reported to the Police by at least one store owner for selling cigarettes in front of his store. There are at least 5 or 6 city ordinances against that practice.

How many of those ordinances are capital crimes that can be enforced without due process?

Depends on how the moron acts when confronted when committing them.

Resisting arrest in NY is a misdemeanor. There are no misdemeanors in NY that are capital crimes.

When the resistance continues and gets worse, are the police supposed to let the person go or fight back against the resistance to an equal level? You make it sound real simple but maybe that's because it's all your simple mind can fathom.

He could talk.

Avoiding the question?

He could talk, therefore he could breathe but died of unrelated asphyxiation. That's your answer?

I answered it. You don't have to like it or agree for it to be a valid answer. What you dickheads need to learn is that getting the answer you want doens't make it incorrect. All he had to do was stop resisting. When he fought back more, the police fought at an equal level to his resistance. What should they have done, let him go because he didn't want to be arrested? Garner initiated the entire thing. If he doesn't commit a crime FIRST, nothing that happens second, third, and so on occurs. All people like you see is black thug and white officer. What occurred that led up to it doens't matter to you.

He could talk.

Avoiding the question?

Let me choke you out , see if you don't holler I can't breathe before you actually can't breathe, of course you will.

That's the dumbest thing I've read in the last 2 minutes.

It's obvious that that is the reality of things. I thought we were discussing whether that reality is something that we as a country should tolerate. I don't think cops have or should have a 007 style license to kill whenever the mood hits. Do you?

That's not what happened.

He could talk.

Avoiding the question?

Let me choke you out , see if you don't holler I can't breathe before you actually can't breathe, of course you will.

That's the dumbest thing I've read in the last 2 minutes.

Is that directed to me (Conservative65) or Coloradomtnman?

He could talk.

Avoiding the question?

I answered it. You don't have to like it or agree for it to be a valid answer. What you dickheads need to learn is that getting the answer you want doens't make it incorrect. All he had to do was stop resisting. When he fought back more, the police fought at an equal level to his resistance. What should they have done, let him go because he didn't want to be arrested? Garner initiated the entire thing. If he doesn't commit a crime FIRST, nothing that happens second, third, and so on occurs. All people like you see is black thug and white officer. What occurred that led up to it doens't matter to you.

I don't know what the police officer should've done, as I have no experience arresting people, especially people who are resisting arrest. Perhaps the officer reacted in the best way he knew how at that time.

Nice try at changing the subject...

But this thread was about Eric Garner faking that he couldn't breathe because he was able to say that he couldn't breathe. You say he could breathe because he was able to speak. I am curious as to how he could breathe but died of suffocation. Your answer was: "He could talk".

So either your answer is unrelated to my question, or you realize that your premise is flawed and are unwilling or ashamed to acknowledge it.

He could talk.

Avoiding the question?

I don't know what the police officer should've done, as I have no experience arresting people, especially people who are resisting arrest. Perhaps the officer reacted in the best way he knew how at that time.

Nice try at changing the subject...

But this thread was about Eric Garner faking that he couldn't breathe because he was able to say that he couldn't breathe. You say he could breathe because he was able to speak. I am curious as to how he could breathe but died of suffocation. Your answer was: "He could talk".

So either your answer is unrelated to my question, or you realize that your premise is flawed and are unwilling or ashamed to acknowledge it.

I didn't change it just showed how the end as it currently exist wouldn't have had a chance to be that way if Garner's actions hadn't taken place FIRST.

My premise is if you can talk you can breath. My medical training, something apparently you don't have, treats people differently if their airway is obstructed vs. not being obstructed. If someone has a full airway obstruction, I take a different action than if it's partially or not obstructed at all. I don't do the abdominal thrusts on someone that isn't choking and one of the best ways to make that determination is if they can talk and/or are making sounds.

So you think anything less than a full airway obstruction is not a problem? That's just stupid.

That you think they are the same degree makes you stupid. Run along son, those who have a clue are speaking.

You're the one trying to say that if he was able to talk, there wasn't a problem. You imply you have some training in recognizing breathing problems. If you have in fact received any training, demand your money back because they didn't teach you right.

What do you call it when the man was on the ground, and hand cuffed, but the cop continued choking him? Don't say that didn't happen. We all saw the video.

What do you call it when the man was on the ground, and hand cuffed, but the cop continued choking him? Don't say that didn't happen. We all saw the video.
I saw the video. I am like, why did this unhealthy obese man put him self in this situation and just...not resist the police and follow a healthier lifestyle that didn't put him in harms way to begin with. Nah, let's blame da cops instead.

I saw the video. I am like, why did this unhealthy obese man put him self in this situation and just...not resist the police and follow a healthier lifestyle that didn't put him in harms way to begin with. Nah, let's blame da cops instead.

Wow. I knew being a teabagger precluded clear thinking, but I didn't know it affected your sight too.

If he would have complied he would be alive. This is really pretty simple.

If the police had complied with their use of force training, he'd be alive.

If you take responsibility for your own actions you don't have to rely on what kind of training the cop had. Again---very simple steps in being responsible for yourself would have prevented these deaths.

And Americans should have known better than to work in tall buildings while there were terrorists in the world I suppose.

Not one of those in the buildings were committing a crime.

According to dilloduck they were acting stupidly.

desperate? I said no such thing. Another liberal twist on reality

Forum List

Back