TSA profiling white women?

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
I'm not sure where to put this, so here goes.

A Rome (Gorgia) woman said Friday an explosives-detection dog working the baggage claim area at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport bit her, unprovoked.

Susan Dubitsky said she and her husband were waiting for her sister to arrive around 4:15 p.m. May 2. As an Atlanta police officer and the dog walked past, the dog bit her on the stomach. A little later, when the officer came back to check on her, Dubitsky said, “the dog tried to come at me another time.

“The dog just didn’t like me,” she said. “It was scary. There was no reason to go after me.”

Explosives-sniffing dog bites woman at airport | www.ajc.com

A Rome (Gorgia) woman said Friday an explosives-detection dog working the baggage claim area at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport bit her, unprovoked.

Susan Dubitsky said she and her husband were waiting for her sister to arrive around 4:15 p.m. May 2. As an Atlanta police officer and the dog walked past, the dog bit her on the stomach. A little later, when the officer came back to check on her, Dubitsky said, “the dog tried to come at me another time.

“The dog just didn’t like me,” she said. “It was scary. There was no reason to go after me.”

Can you explain the correlation of this article with both race and gender?

Simple. Seems to me that the dog profiled her, hence the thread title.

LoL a trained bomb sniffing dog profiling a human? Ok. I just wanted to know the relationship with gender and race. Hpw does a dog distinguish race especially human to human?

Last edited:
Dogs do tend to be racist. It's not so much a prejudice like you might have, but more a familiarity issue. My dog would see your dark skin as an unknown threat and yours would likely see my light skin the same way.

The thread is meant more to let people know that even government dogs can be dangerous and I though it might be amusing to attribute the bite to profiling at airports, since TSA goes illogically out of their way not to use a legitimate security tactic.

Dogs do tend to be racist. It's not so much a prejudice like you might have, but more a familiarity issue. My dog would see your dark skin as an unknown threat and yours would likely see my light skin the same way.

The thread is meant more to let people know that even government dogs can be dangerous and I though it might be amusing to attribute the bite to profiling at airports, since TSA goes illogically out of their way not to use a legitimate security tactic.

Ok I see your point.....

I never heard of dogs being racist. I mean do they detect different Ph balance from various ethnic groups? Hormones? How does a dog differentiate between a Caucasian and someone from lets say Spain? I would be interested in actual research if dogs can be racist.

Ok I see your point.....

I never heard of dogs being racist. I mean do they detect different Ph balance from various ethnic groups? Hormones? How does a dog differentiate between a Caucasian and someone from lets say Spain? I would be interested in actual research if dogs can be racist.

Dogs are creatures of habit. Your dog lives in a house with you, your wife and your kids, all of whom have dark skin. Dark skin is his whole world. He associates dark skin with home, safety, food and a scratch on the belly. I, look "different", my skin is pale. Though I am about the right size and shape, I am not familiar, so I am a threat.

I thought my dogs were racist and was totally bummed. I had a potential roomie come look at the room for rent and all roomies must pass the dog test..which means they sniff and greet. On this particular instance, all 3 of them had their fur stand up and they wouldn't go near her...and even Gracie and Karma both, who are sweethearts...lightly growled. She was black, and no..she did not pass the dog test.

However, later on I realized there was something about HER and not her race they were picking up on. I had a black guy come look...actually, he was still on parole but pleasant enough and his crime was not too serious (possession of stolen goods)...and I liked him right off and hoped the dogs would too. So I told him he had to pass the dog test and he laughed and said bring 'em on. So I did. Moki wanted a back scratch from him, Gracie tried to give him her ball she had in her mouth and Karma tried to crawl up in his lap.

So no. My dogs are not racist after all. They are just smart in sniffing out potential baddies.

Philosophically I disagree and to prove my point you said the keyword "familiarity." If dogs were to express racism we need to look at stray dogs versus domesticated dogs. Because I could argue how does a stray dog differentiate the ethnicity of a human from a domesticated dog? Stray dogs typically avoid everyone or become aggressive based on circumstances (hunger, thirst etc). Domesticated dogs become protective based on their familiarity of their environment and their security of their environment (by security I mean food, shelter, affection,). In other words dogs tend to be passive aggressive based on their condition. I have met a lot of stray dogs who were very friendly towards me who probably had an owner of different ethnicity

Last edited:

The dog probably sensed that the woman was about to come down with a bad case of explosive diarrhea.

All that proves is the dog is a dog.
Lol

I think some of those dogs are essentially anti-social anyway. I watched an episode on Dog Whisperer where they had a dog who bit everyone and couldn't be adopted out; his trainer worked with problem dogs and couldn't bring him around (he was a Rhodesian Ridgeback). He was hard wired to work, though...turns out he was an amazing contraband sniffer, lol. They trained him to find cell phones. But the whole reason he ended up there is because his people skills were NIL.

I had a gentle, social dog who completely flipped out when she saw a couple of lesbians walking in the park, holding hands. She went berserck, it was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. She saw them first and when we saw what she was going nuts over (and they were a long ways away) we were like, whaaaaaaa?

We had to stop and hold her until they were out of sight.

I've seen dogs react to black people, too. Maybe they react to them because they know they are the primary participants in dog fighting.

And our pit, snoop, freaks at anyone with an umbrella. Go figure.

I find it funny when people bitch about the TSA. Being a smoker I went through security in Seattle, Chicago(twice), Dallas, and La Guardia. I didn't have any problems and neither did the people around me. They picked people randomly to have their hands tested and when I was in line at La Guardia I saw that it was very random.
I would also have to say Dallas and Chicago were the easiest to get through other than Spokane. Spokane takes you about three minutes tops. At Dallas it took me five, but that is because I got stuck behind someone with a stroller and a lap top, along with a few kids.

I think some of those dogs are essentially anti-social anyway. I watched an episode on Dog Whisperer where they had a dog who bit everyone and couldn't be adopted out; his trainer worked with problem dogs and couldn't bring him around (he was a Rhodesian Ridgeback). He was hard wired to work, though...turns out he was an amazing contraband sniffer, lol. They trained him to find cell phones. But the whole reason he ended up there is because his people skills were NIL.

I had a gentle, social dog who completely flipped out when she saw a couple of lesbians walking in the park, holding hands. She went berserck, it was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. She saw them first and when we saw what she was going nuts over (and they were a long ways away) we were like, whaaaaaaa?

I've seen dogs react to black people, too. Maybe they react to them because they know they are the primary participants in dog fighting.

WTH?

That was utterly ridiculous

It's not always random. I have a friend who is Russian and is "picked at random" every time he flies, and he flies often. There are tons of stories of TSA profiling, or using their authority to harass women. I dont fly often but the last few times i have I've been picked out at random at the same airport each time. One of the many reasons I support getting rid of the TSA.

WTH?

That was utterly ridiculous

I know.

But true, still.

I've seen dogs react to black people, too. Maybe they react to them because they know they are the primary participants in dog fighting. ...

Why would black people fight with dogs? :confused: Sounds like a good way to get bitten if you ask me.

Forum List

Back