Turkey Oil Deals With Kurds Could Complicate Iraq Ties

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
When it comes to oil, it seems you see many strange bedfellows who are actually enemies of each other.

Turkey Oil Deals With Kurds Could Complicate Iraq Ties

By VOA
May 3rd, 2014

By Dorian Jones

Ankara’s announcement that oil controlled by Iraq’s Kurdistan Regional Government will flow to international markets via Turkey this month could cause diplomatic complications worldwide. Dorian Jones has the story from Istanbul.

Since December oil has been flowing from the semi-autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan region to the Turkish oil terminal of Ceyhan.

Continue reading at:

Turkey Oil Deals With Kurds Could Complicate Iraq Ties | Eurasia Review

I think Turkey is smart in doing this.

I will appease the main Kurdish leaders and have them help to muffle and even disarm Turkish Kurds who have been attacking for decades.

And, as the Kurdish region is the most developed and least affected by the continuing Shi'ia and Sunni attacks, the Turks may be tying themselves to an entity they can rely on.

Now, what will be interesting is to see what the Kurds in Syria are able to do is Assad puts down the rebellion that has been hurting them as much as anyone.

I think Turkey is smart in doing this.

I will appease the main Kurdish leaders and have them help to muffle and even disarm Turkish Kurds who have been attacking for decades.

And, as the Kurdish region is the most developed and least affected by the continuing Shi'ia and Sunni attacks, the Turks may be tying themselves to an entity they can rely on.

Now, what will be interesting is to see what the Kurds in Syria are able to do is Assad puts down the rebellion that has been hurting them as much as anyone.

I guess business is business, but I don't see the Kurds giving up their hope of their own homeland regardless. There are millions and millions of Kurds, but the rest of the world seems to forget about them while obsessing about the "Palestinians" who are so much smaller in number.

Forum List

Back