TV ad philosophy this election cycle

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
I was informed yesterday that several major companies consider this election so toxic they are limiting TV ads, so as not to be associated with politics in any way. I never heard of that before this year.

I might be young, but this election cycle is wayyy different than the usual. I love it!
Because, as you all know, the "usual" is usually bullshit.

Informed by whom? Advertisers want viewers, very doubtful any will give up a large audience. Media is corporate owned and operated it loves numbers, and if the numbers come, you can be sure they'll be very happy.

Informed by whom? Advertisers want viewers, very doubtful any will give up a large audience. Media is corporate owned and operated it loves numbers, and if the numbers come, you can be sure they'll be very happy.

You have all missed the point. Here is the logic. A Hillary commercial comes on and angers the opposition followed by a Trump commercial angering the other side. Now viewers are riled up and now Sears comes on wanting to sell lawn mowers. Given the upset viewers Sears does not want to be associated with either group, so they opt out of a tv ad during the campaign season. Major companies are looking at it this way, not necessarily Sears.

I was informed yesterday that several major companies consider this election so toxic they are limiting TV ads, so as not to be associated with politics in any way. I never heard of that before this year.
That's because both Hillary and Trump are running ads with Trump in all of them.

Trump quotes himself with all the promises that he makes.

And Hillary quotes Trump with all the gaffs he has made.

And clearly everybody hates seeing Adolf Trump on TV.

You have all missed the point. Here is the logic. A Hillary commercial comes on and angers the opposition followed by a Trump commercial angering the other side. Now viewers are riled up and now Sears comes on wanting to sell lawn mowers. Given the upset viewers Sears does not want to be associated with either group, so they opt out of a tv ad during the campaign season. Major companies are looking at it this way, not necessarily Sears.

Interesting point, but doesn't watching much news seem rather depressing? Coincidentally I came across a piece that does confirm a bit of the stay away assumption.

"Wall Street shuns Trump's Cleveland convention - Industry execs won't go near the GOP event for fear of insulting clients and workforce."
Wall Street shuns Trump's Cleveland convention

Forum List

Back