TV remake of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Why wouldnt EVERYONE expect this change? Bro, are you REALLY that blind? Your side is losing the culture war BADLY.
Sure we are. I mean we have more acceptance of deplorable mutant Confederate culture today than we did 20 years ago. 😆

Bridgerton's Regé-Jean Page will reportedly star in a television reboot of the classic western Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

According to The Mirror the actor, 34, will play outlaw Butch, made famous by Paul Newman in the 1969 film, with the action being transported to an 'alternative America'.

The Amazon series entitled simply Butch and Sundance will be helmed by Marvel directors the Russo brothers with hopes of spin-offs and a larger franchise to follow.

Regé-Jean is joined by Top Gun's Glen Powell, 33, who is said to be stepping into Robert Redford's boots as The Sundance Kid, with both actors serving as executive producers.

Based on a true story, the original film, which has been ranked the 73rd greatest movie of all time by the American Film institute, follows the story of Wild West outlaws Robert LeRoy Parker, known as Butch Cassidy, and his partner Harry Longabaugh, the 'Sundance Kid'.

View attachment 698350
Coming soon: Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, 34, to star in a 'TV reboot of 1969's Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, set in an alternative America

Comment:
The original Butch Cassidy movie is a classic must see movie.
It was both Paul Newman's and Robert Redford's most popular movie.
It had action, humor and music.
If you have never seen it, you should.
There was a TV series that was loosely based on Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, but it was not a big success.
This TV remake also looks like it will be a stinker, especially with the ethnically cleansing of the Butch Cassidy character.
Why do it?

"There was a TV series that was loosely based on Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, but it was not a big success."

It was called 'Alias Smith and Jones'. It was actually pretty popular and likely would have been on for several seasons, but unfortunately Peter Duel who played 'Hannibal Heyes' (Smith) committed suicide during the second season. I remember it well as a kid, and was really bummed out when my dad informed me Pete Duel was dead.

"There was a TV series that was loosely based on Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, but it was not a big success."

It was called 'Alias Smith and Jones'. It was actually pretty popular and likely would have been on for several seasons, but unfortunately Peter Duel who played 'Hannibal Heyes' (Smith) committed suicide during the second season. I remember it well as a kid, and was really bummed out when my dad informed me Pete Duel was dead.
yea, I also remember that

Bridgerton's Regé-Jean Page will reportedly star in a television reboot of the classic western Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

According to The Mirror the actor, 34, will play outlaw Butch, made famous by Paul Newman in the 1969 film, with the action being transported to an 'alternative America'.

The Amazon series entitled simply Butch and Sundance will be helmed by Marvel directors the Russo brothers with hopes of spin-offs and a larger franchise to follow.

Regé-Jean is joined by Top Gun's Glen Powell, 33, who is said to be stepping into Robert Redford's boots as The Sundance Kid, with both actors serving as executive producers.

Based on a true story, the original film, which has been ranked the 73rd greatest movie of all time by the American Film institute, follows the story of Wild West outlaws Robert LeRoy Parker, known as Butch Cassidy, and his partner Harry Longabaugh, the 'Sundance Kid'.

View attachment 698350
Coming soon: Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, 34, to star in a 'TV reboot of 1969's Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, set in an alternative America

Comment:
The original Butch Cassidy movie is a classic must see movie.
It was both Paul Newman's and Robert Redford's most popular movie.
It had action, humor and music.
If you have never seen it, you should.
There was a TV series that was loosely based on Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, but it was not a big success.
This TV remake also looks like it will be a stinker, especially with the ethnically cleansing of the Butch Cassidy character.
Why do it?

Brokeback Mountain 2

Forum List

Back