Two reasons why " Negotiations" will fail

proudveteran06

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2012
Jordan eyes role in Israeli-Palestinian talks - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Jordan will play a role in the negotiations for a final settlement in the long-running conflict between Palestinians and Israelis, the kingdom's prime minister has said.

In an interview with Al Jazeera, Abdullah Ensour said Jordan's involvement in the talks should not be perceived as an intervention by the kingdom. Instead, it should be viewed as a way for protecting Jordanian interests, including rights of Palestinian refugees many of whom have found shelter there, he said.

Arab states back Israel-Palestine land swaps - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Arab states back Israel-Palestine land swaps

Qatari PM says Palestinians and Israel can swap land rather than stick to 1967 borders, drawing praise from Israel.

US Secretary of State John Kerry met members of the Arab League to discuss Israeli-Palestinian peace [Reuters]

A senior Qatari official has said Israel and the Palestinians could trade land rather than conform exactly to their 1967 borders in what appears to be a softening of Arab states' stance on the 2002 peace plan.

Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani, Qatar's prime minister and foreign minister, made the comment on Monday after he and a group of Arab officials met US Secretary of State John Kerry to discuss how to promote Israeli-Palestinian peace.

Speaking on behalf of an Arab League delegation, Sheikh Hamad appeared to make a concession to Israel by explicitly raising the possibility of land swaps.

None of the above will happen. As a result there will never be a " Palestinian State"

The structure of the peace process is fundamentally flawed.

That is why it will never work.

Well, here we have it: Two replies that show why there will never be peace. And, of course, both these people live outside the area, so what have they got to lose?

Everyone has tried solutions in the region. The only one that actually did something in history was between Egypt and Israel, which stopped the full fledged Wars between the countries. Yet that Peace process only worked because of the Wars. Egypt got their tails kicked.

As long as the Terror Groups, and the countries surrounding Israel refuse to ACKNOWLEDGE Israel's RIGHT TO EXIST, THERE WILL BE NO PEACE. And their ain't a dang thing we can do about it.

Everyone has tried solutions in the region. The only one that actually did something in history was between Egypt and Israel, which stopped the full fledged Wars between the countries. Yet that Peace process only worked because of the Wars. Egypt got their tails kicked.

As long as the Terror Groups, and the countries surrounding Israel refuse to ACKNOWLEDGE Israel's RIGHT TO EXIST, THERE WILL BE NO PEACE. And their ain't a dang thing we can do about it.

the arab peace initiative has offered full reccognition of israel from all 22 members of the arab league.

the arab peace initiative has offered full reccognition of israel from all 22 members of the arab league.

Actions SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Let them prove it, and while they are at it put a LEASH ON HAMAS AND HEZBALLAH.

The initiative will FAIL, until they recognize Israel. And as long as they continue to attack Israel almost DAILY, THERE WILL BE NO PEACE.

The " Arab Peace Initiative" means Israel accepting borders that were never accepted or recognized before, giving up all rights to E. Jerusalem where they have their most sacred Religious sites, and " Right of Return" which would eventually eliminate the Jewish State.

Of course that's what you would ( and many others) would like to see. Which is why Israel will never even consider it.

They " recognize" that the land exists. However they will not accept a primarily Jewish State, something the " good catholic boy forgot" to mention .

Palestinian Chairman Abbas: I Will ?Never Recognize? a ?Jewish State? | Video | TheBlaze.com

Palestinian Chairman Abbas: I Will ‘Never Recognize’ a ‘Jewish State’

As support for a Palestinian state grows (especially within the U.N.), Palestinian Chairman Mahmoud Abbas isn’t holding back about his thoughts on a Jewish state. In a recent TV interview, the Palestinian leader said that he will “never recognize” a “Jewish state.”

“First of all, let me make something clear about the story of the ‘Jewish state,’” he told Dream2 TV on October 23, 2011. “They started talking to me about the ‘Jewish state’ only two years ago, discussing it with me at every opportunity, every forum I went to – Jewish or non-Jewish – asking: ‘What do you think about the Jewish state?’ I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I will never recognize the Jewishness of the state, or a ‘Jewish state.’”

Let them keep insisting on the above. My answer is No " palestinian state"

Jordan eyes role in Israeli-Palestinian talks - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Jordan will play a role in the negotiations for a final settlement in the long-running conflict between Palestinians and Israelis, the kingdom's prime minister has said.

In an interview with Al Jazeera, Abdullah Ensour said Jordan's involvement in the talks should not be perceived as an intervention by the kingdom. Instead, it should be viewed as a way for protecting Jordanian interests, including rights of Palestinian refugees many of whom have found shelter there, he said.

Qatari PM says Palestinians and Israel can swap land rather than stick to 1967 borders, drawing praise from Israel.

US Secretary of State John Kerry met members of the Arab League to discuss Israeli-Palestinian peace [Reuters]

A senior Qatari official has said Israel and the Palestinians could trade land rather than conform exactly to their 1967 borders in what appears to be a softening of Arab states' stance on the 2002 peace plan.

Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani, Qatar's prime minister and foreign minister, made the comment on Monday after he and a group of Arab officials met US Secretary of State John Kerry to discuss how to promote Israeli-Palestinian peace.

Speaking on behalf of an Arab League delegation, Sheikh Hamad appeared to make a concession to Israel by explicitly raising the possibility of land swaps.

None of the above will happen. As a result there will never be a " Palestinian State"

Nice post!

I believe you have captured the very reason why there may never be a long term peace or final resolution to this situation, neither side is willing to meet half way or come to a mutual understanding.

Justice and international law are the basics for a lasting peace.

Both of those are specifically excluded in the peace process.

P F Tinmore, et al,

I know I'm going to be sorry.

(COMMENT)

Every time an Arab/Palestinian brings up "Justice and International Law" my mind flashes to a brilliant orange fireball, that expands and consumes everything, scorching its path; the smell of the burning dead --- the screams and crying of the dying.

But, OK ---> I agree: "the basics for a lasting peace."

(QUESTION)

How are the "the basics for a lasting peace" excluded?

Most Respectfully,
R

Negotiations are failing for a stubborn reason: Hamas failure to recognize Israel.

Hamas is the largest and most influential Palestinian militant movement that, along with the more moderate Fatah party, serves as one of the two primary Palestinian political factions. Founded in 1987 during the first Intifada, Hamas is a Sunni Islamist group and a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization violently opposed to the state of Israel. Hamas, an acronym for Harakat al-Muqawana al-Islamiya (Islamic Resistance Movement), has exercised de facto rule over the Gaza Strip since wresting the territory from its rival Fatah, which governs the West Bank, in 2007. The two parties have made overtures of reconciliation in the wake of the Arab Spring revolutions, but progress on this score has proven elusive. Despite its militant reputation, Hamas's local support, in many ways, can be traced to its extensive network of on-the-ground social programming, including food banks, schools, and medical clinics.

Hamas - Council on Foreign Relations

Negotiations are failing for a stubborn reason: Hamas failure to recognize Israel.

Hamas is the largest and most influential Palestinian militant movement that, along with the more moderate Fatah party, serves as one of the two primary Palestinian political factions. Founded in 1987 during the first Intifada, Hamas is a Sunni Islamist group and a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization violently opposed to the state of Israel. Hamas, an acronym for Harakat al-Muqawana al-Islamiya (Islamic Resistance Movement), has exercised de facto rule over the Gaza Strip since wresting the territory from its rival Fatah, which governs the West Bank, in 2007. The two parties have made overtures of reconciliation in the wake of the Arab Spring revolutions, but progress on this score has proven elusive. Despite its militant reputation, Hamas's local support, in many ways, can be traced to its extensive network of on-the-ground social programming, including food banks, schools, and medical clinics.

has exercised de facto rule over the Gaza Strip since wresting the territory from its rival Fatah, which governs the West Bank, in 2007.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here's a map of what the Arabs refused in 1948. What makes anyone think they would accept less in 2013?

http://www.passia.org/palestine_facts/MAPS/newpdf/Zionistmilitaryoperations.pdf

P F Tinmore, et al,

I know I'm going to be sorry.

(COMMENT)

Every time an Arab/Palestinian brings up "Justice and International Law" my mind flashes to a brilliant orange fireball, that expands and consumes everything, scorching its path; the smell of the burning dead --- the screams and crying of the dying.

But, OK ---> I agree: "the basics for a lasting peace."

(QUESTION)

How are the "the basics for a lasting peace" excluded?

Most Respectfully,
R

I don't know. Have you ever heard of either of them mentioned in the peace process?

Last edited:

has exercised de facto rule over the Gaza Strip since wresting the territory from its rival Fatah, which governs the West Bank, in 2007.

What's so hilarious, Tinmore? All of us need a laugh on this day.

Didn't anyone tell those clowns that Hamas won the elections?

That would be like Obama wresting the US from Romney.

Didn't anyone tell those clowns that Hamas won the elections?

That would be like Obama wresting the US from Romney.
Yeah, I heard about Hamas stealing the elections but since nobody will negotiate with terrorists, the US and Israel are letting Abu Mazen run the show. Oh, and I know he's been out of the picture since 2007 but someone forgot to tell him. Better get on the horn and let ol' Abu know.

Forum List

Back