Two weeks notice. Is it fair to the employee?

You stupid fuck...you're the one duped!
Man the fuck up and work the system since it's the one that will provide for your family.
If you have a better way to keep em from starving thats great...if not you're just another bonehead.

^^^

This is why I stand with employee unions.

I'm not going to get into why unions suck in this thread....

They don't suck. They help make things fair for the employees. They are important too and since they don't usually have the leverage that an employer has, they need to band together, which is what unions are about.

So you admit you need someone to go to bat for you because you're incapable of doing it yourself....

Unions are great. They get you better wages, better insurance coverage, better benefits. YES, the companies can afford it.

Ha, watch angry fat white Republican dude freak. This is gonna be fun. Thanks. ;)

You stupid fuck...you're the one duped!
Man the fuck up and work the system since it's the one that will provide for your family.
If you have a better way to keep em from starving thats great...if not you're just another bonehead.

Ok, we'll go with the latter. Bad person it is.

He's a republican, obviously. :lol:

Ah yes ...the liberal laughs at the conservative for supporting himself...

What are you talking about? Why don't you want the employees to have some leverage?

An employees leverage comes from being good at his job,not from the collective.

No, sorry but it doesn't. That is why unions were created to begin with. All anyone has to do is to look to other countries where businesses don't have anyone to answer to, to see where that goes.

You give a two week notice because it helps you, not the employer. It is real bad business to burn bridges with anyone, especially an employer you plan to put on your resume.

'Burn Bridges?' What does that even mean? Employers can dump Employees without being required to give two week notices, but Employees must give two week notices? Sounds like a rigged immoral Corporate scam. A silly double standard for sure. A very outdated concept.
He didn't say they must. He said if you want a good reference, you give sufficient notice. I doubt you've ever worked.

I understand that, but it's an outdated double standard practice. Giving or not giving a two week notice, shouldn't effect future employment at all. Unless businesses are held to the same standards, it's just silly hypocrisy.
Yeah, whatever. Loser.

You're not holding businesses to any moral standards. You're only holding workers to moral standards. That's disingenuous hypocrisy.
Give me a break. You sound like a jackass who lives off others

^^^

They don't suck. They help make things fair for the employees. They are important too and since they don't usually have the leverage that an employer has, they need to band together, which is what unions are about.

So you admit you need someone to go to bat for you because you're incapable of doing it yourself....

Unions are great. They get you better wages, better insurance coverage, better benefits. YES, the companies can afford it.

Ha, watch angry fat white Republican dude freak. This is gonna be fun. Thanks. ;)

Unions! Power to the people! Yeaaaahhhh! :2up:

All you business saavy people here is a question. Should an employee have to give two weeks notice before leaving a job? I myself think that is not fair to the employee if the better job can be started immediately. Is there still this infringement of freedom on the employee?
I was going to explain how its the right thing to do but that really depends on who you work for. Do you want to use them as a reference? Your current employer will know you don't give two weeks notice.

And many companies don't even let you finish the two weeks. Bla bla

You made a great point. Do they give a 2 week severance when they fire someone? Fuck no. They walk you out that day. Usually no two week heads up you're getting shit canned.

But do the right thing. Then you can always use them as references.

I always enjoyed working at places I gave two weeks to. They kiss your ass and you don't give a rats ass anymore

'Burn Bridges?' What does that even mean? Employers can dump Employees without being required to give two week notices, but Employees must give two week notices? Sounds like a rigged immoral Corporate scam. A silly double standard for sure. A very outdated concept.
He didn't say they must. He said if you want a good reference, you give sufficient notice. I doubt you've ever worked.

I understand that, but it's an outdated double standard practice. Giving or not giving a two week notice, shouldn't effect future employment at all. Unless businesses are held to the same standards, it's just silly hypocrisy.
Yeah, whatever. Loser.

You're not holding businesses to any moral standards. You're only holding workers to moral standards. That's disingenuous hypocrisy.
Give me a break. You sound like a jackass who lives off others

Whatever makes you feel better about worshipping the Slave Owner. Your call.

^^^

LOL...Watch the laughing retired at 46 dude laugh at your pathetic display of resistance to the establishment.
Power to the Morons!!!!:lmao:

All you business saavy people here is a question. Should an employee have to give two weeks notice before leaving a job? I myself think that is not fair to the employee if the better job can be started immediately. Is there still this infringement of freedom on the employee?
I was going to explain how its the right thing to do but that really depends on who you work for. Do you want to use them as a reference? Your current employer will know you don't give two weeks notice.

And many companies don't even let you finish the two weeks. Bla bla

You made a great point. Do they give a 2 week severance when they fire someone? Fuck no. They walk you out that day. Usually no two week heads up you're getting shit canned.

But do the right thing. Then you can always use them as references.

I always enjoyed working at places I gave two weeks to. They kiss your ass and you don't give a rats ass anymore

I hear ya, but it is an absurd outdated double standard. Businesses aren't concerned with giving notice when they decide to cut workers loose. They don't care if you and your family go homeless and die. That's the ugly reality.

That is true but I see that as an invasion of my freedom to walk out when needed. I guess if a better job is waiting why should a guy have to hang around for a bad employer when a better one is waiting? I surely don't owe an employer loyalty.
And they don't owe you a good reference or your job back if you ever need to go back. Don't burn bridges. They probably won't let you finish two weeks.

Got any sick or vacation days? Got any come Jan 1st? Use them. Go vacation in Florida.

LOL...Watch the laughing retired at 46 dude laugh at your pathetic display of resistance to the establishment.

Yeah, you sure do make Rush proud. Another one of his fat angry white dude worshippers. And you dipshits wonder why you won't be seeing the White House anytime soon.

Paid sick days, paid holidays, retirement benefits, etc, etc. What's the problem?

I had all those and more yet I never worked for a union.

Sure, SOME companies treat their employees right, but not all and probably not a majority, and if they could get away with it, they would be even worse.

The swan song of the loser....

Well, all I can say is that I'm sorry that you would work against yourself. Can't get much more stupid than that! :D

Yeah, you sure do make Rush proud. Another one of his fat angry white dude worshippers. And you dipshits wonder why you won't be seeing the White House anytime soon.

You obviously cant read..I dont give a rats ass because i'm retired.
What you idiots do from here on out means nothing to me.
End up on welfare,,,I dont give a shit.
But I wouldnt expect it to last much longer when the dollar collapses.

Paid sick days, paid holidays, retirement benefits, etc, etc. What's the problem?

I had all those and more yet I never worked for a union.

Sure, SOME companies treat their employees right, but not all and probably not a majority, and if they could get away with it, they would be even worse.

The swan song of the loser....
You sound more like a loon. Lol

I've worked for a lot of companies and I do business with a lot of companies. There are certainly a lot of cold hearted business people out there who don't treat their non union employees very well.

Remember Jack Welch of GE? Didn't he fire the bottom ten percent in every department every year no matter how well the company did? Keeps the cogs sharp.

How many in this thread have given notice, but were let go prior to the 2 weeks being up because you were not really needed that much?
Just curious.

You obviously cant read..I dont give a rats ass because i'm retired.
What you idiots do from here on out means nothing to me.
End up on welfare,,,I dont give a shit.
But I wouldnt expect it to last much longer when the dollar collapses.
How much you getting on your savings 1%? Thanks bush

Forum List

Back