Two weeks notice. Is it fair to the employee?

Even if you agreed with it?

That is why employee unions matter. Then WE can have our list of "agreements" too. :D

Never understood why a man would need someone else to make a deal for them.

Because a lot of times you aren't dealing with a person but with a group of people who vote to make decisions. There is nothing "personal" about business anymore. It's very cold and impersonal in most instances. Also, when people need a job they don't always have the "leverage" to make deals.

I have to say,and dont take this personal...but if you need a group to secure your job you probably suck at it.

That's not the case at all. You just have a poor understanding of the working world apparently.

Hmmmm......not sure how you could come to that conclusion when I retired at 46.

I haven't suggested that. But don't expect a two week notice. That's absurd hypocrisy.

That is why employee unions matter. Then WE can have our list of "agreements" too. :D

Because a lot of times you aren't dealing with a person but with a group of people who vote to make decisions. There is nothing "personal" about business anymore. It's very cold and impersonal in most instances. Also, when people need a job they don't always have the "leverage" to make deals.

I have to say,and dont take this personal...but if you need a group to secure your job you probably suck at it.

Or, it's just a good effective way to negotiate. Lower and stagnant wages directly correlate with the demise of private sector unions. Unions need to make a big comeback in this country. Otherwise, there's no hope for American Workers.

You do what you're told. You worship the Slave Owner. You've been duped.

Funny,I dont feel duped......?
I retired at 46 four years ago,maybe you're just feeling inadequate?

You worship the Slave Owner. If you're not duped, you're just a bad person. You're either the first, or the latter. I'll let you think about that for a bit.

You stupid fuck...you're the one duped!
Man the fuck up and work the system since it's the one that will provide for your family.
If you have a better way to keep em from starving thats great...if not you're just another bonehead.

Ok, we'll go with the latter. Bad person it is.

He's a republican, obviously. :lol:

I'm going with old greedy white Republican dude. They're all the same. They worship the Slave Owner.

Or, it's just a good effective way to negotiate. Lower and stagnant wages directly correlate with the demise of private sector unions. Unions need to make a big comeback in this country. Otherwise, there's no hope for American Workers.

That's probably why we see a decline in the middle class and stagnant wages. Idiots who listen to the greedy republican party which basically is pro big business and corpotacracy.

You worship the Slave Owner. If you're not duped, you're just a bad person. You're either the first, or the latter. I'll let you think about that for a bit.

Man the fuck up and work the system since it's the one that will provide for your family.
If you have a better way to keep em from starving thats great...if not you're just another bonehead.

I'm going with old greedy white Republican dude. They're all the same. They worship the Slave Owner.

That is what employees are to the republican party. Not much better than slaves, expected to work our fingers to the bone and all kinds of hours for very little in return. If you aren't a business owner, you aren't shit. But we should be grateful you know? Lol.

^^^

This is why I stand with employee unions.

I'm not going to get into why unions suck in this thread....

They don't suck. They help make things fair for the employees. They are important too and since they don't usually have the leverage that an employer has, they need to band together, which is what unions are about.

So you admit you need someone to go to bat for you because you're incapable of doing it yourself....

That's probably why we see a decline in the middle class and stagnant wages. Idiots who listen to the greedy republican party which basically is pro big business and corpotacracy.

They listen to fat greedy white wankers like Rush Limbaugh. They only know hate and greed. It is what it is.

^^^

They don't suck. They help make things fair for the employees. They are important too and since they don't usually have the leverage that an employer has, they need to band together, which is what unions are about.

So you admit you need someone to go to bat for you because you're incapable of doing it yourself....

Much more powerful and effective in a group.

You do what you're told. You worship the Slave Owner. You've been duped.

Ah yes ...the liberal laughs at the conservative for supporting himself...

They listen to fat greedy white wankers like Rush Limbaugh. They only know hate and greed. It is what it is.

Exactly. He is SUCH a fat wanker. :beer: Fat, old, ugly. That's why money means so much to people like him.

I love idiots like you when I've had a few beers..
It's like Uncle Remus and story time....
upload_2015-12-27_22-17-11.png

View attachment 58043

That's racist.

A two week notice is never required. It is what you do so that you don't leave your employer holding the bag. Also, if you want to get a good reference letter from your employer, then give him two week notice.

Why? Is an Employer required to give an Employee two week notice before dumping them? If not, the discussion is moot.
You give a two week notice because it helps you, not the employer. It is real bad business to burn bridges with anyone, especially an employer you plan to put on your resume.

'Burn Bridges?' What does that even mean? Employers can dump Employees without being required to give two week notices, but Employees must give two week notices? Sounds like a rigged immoral Corporate scam. A silly double standard for sure. A very outdated concept.
He didn't say they must. He said if you want a good reference, you give sufficient notice. I doubt you've ever worked.

I understand that, but it's an outdated double standard practice. Giving or not giving a two week notice, shouldn't effect future employment at all. Unless businesses are held to the same standards, it's just silly hypocrisy.
Yeah, whatever. Loser.

View attachment 58043

That's racist.

Only if you're a liberal.

What are you talking about? Why don't you want the employees to have some leverage?

Why? Is an Employer required to give an Employee two week notice before dumping them? If not, the discussion is moot.
You give a two week notice because it helps you, not the employer. It is real bad business to burn bridges with anyone, especially an employer you plan to put on your resume.

'Burn Bridges?' What does that even mean? Employers can dump Employees without being required to give two week notices, but Employees must give two week notices? Sounds like a rigged immoral Corporate scam. A silly double standard for sure. A very outdated concept.
He didn't say they must. He said if you want a good reference, you give sufficient notice. I doubt you've ever worked.

I understand that, but it's an outdated double standard practice. Giving or not giving a two week notice, shouldn't effect future employment at all. Unless businesses are held to the same standards, it's just silly hypocrisy.
Yeah, whatever. Loser.

You're not holding businesses to any moral standards. You're only holding workers to moral standards. That's disingenuous hypocrisy.

^^^

Unions are great. They get you better wages, better insurance coverage, better benefits. YES, the companies can afford it.

What are you talking about? Why don't you want the employees to have some leverage?

An employees leverage comes from being good at his or hers job,not from the collective.

Forum List

Back