Two weeks notice. Is it fair to the employee?

LOL...Watch the laughing retired at 46 dude laugh at your pathetic display of resistance to the establishment.
Power to the Morons!!!!:lmao:

Yeah, you sure do make Rush proud. Another one of his fat angry white dude worshippers. And you dipshits wonder why you won't be seeing the White House anytime soon.

You obviously cant read..I dont give a rats ass because i'm retired.
What you idiots do from here on out means nothing to me.
End up on welfare,,,I dont give a shit.
But I wouldnt expect it to last much longer when the dollar collapses.

You should care since it's my generation that is supporting your rat ass.

LOL...Your generation wont be supporting me in anyway shape or form.

My generation and younger generations are supporting you if you are getting social security. That is how it works. The younger generations who are working are paying for all of your bills if you are retired. Your medicaid too.

Good God you're vapid....

Yeah, you sure do make Rush proud. Another one of his fat angry white dude worshippers. And you dipshits wonder why you won't be seeing the White House anytime soon.

My generation and younger generations are supporting you if you are getting social security. That is how it works. The younger generations who are working are paying for all of your bills if you are retired. Your medicaid too.

So what? You're going to live off your savings or your 401K for 6 years and then live off the back of the taxpayers. It's really not that different from welfare. Just welfare for the old people.

Talk about offering up nothing. Lol. That would be yourself.

So what? You're going to live off your savings or your 401K for 6 years and then live off the back of the taxpayers. It's really not that different from welfare. Just welfare for the old people.

SS is a pittance in my portfolio....

I can see why you avoid threads with content....

I can see why you avoid threads with content....

I can see that you, as usual, have nothing to offer. You've got nothing, old man. Give it up.

This thread is proof that liberals are stupid, hateful, crazy, with a chip on their shoulder about life.

I don't give a fuck about any of you.

The white men who run your company won't give a fuck about you either.

He didn't say they must. He said if you want a good reference, you give sufficient notice. I doubt you've ever worked.

I understand that, but it's an outdated double standard practice. Giving or not giving a two week notice, shouldn't effect future employment at all. Unless businesses are held to the same standards, it's just silly hypocrisy.
Yeah, whatever. Loser.

You're not holding businesses to any moral standards. You're only holding workers to moral standards. That's disingenuous hypocrisy.
Give me a break. You sound like a jackass who lives off others

Whatever makes you feel better about worshipping the Slave Owner. Your call.
I worship only God. I respect people who are self sufficient and have sufficient character to do what it takes to support themselves.

If the company needs two weeks for you to transition your job when you quit, they should offer you a two week transition when they lay you off

If the company needs two weeks for you to transition your job when you quit, they should offer you a two week transition when they lay you off
Some do. When Circuit City went through the first round of layoffs, they offered severance packages to the employees that were based on years of service. Later, they would offer employees they were laying off three months to train their replacements, followed by a severance package. If the employee refused the deal, they had to leave immediately, with nothing.

In IT, they don't want you to have access to data once you realize your tenure is time limited. I was laid off from my last job and given a solid severance package, but literally had my network access blocked while I was being given the news.

To me, it depends on why you are leaving in the first place as well as how long you were there. If you are leaving a place that you have been at for a long time and you got along well with who you worked with there, I think that giving a two weeks notice is the fair thing to do, because then you have the ability to come back still later on should things not go well for you at your new place of employment. Leaving right up out of the blue would only rip the safety net right out from underneath you.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Some do. When Circuit City went through the first round of layoffs, they offered severance packages to the employees that were based on years of service. Later, they would offer employees they were laying off three months to train their replacements, followed by a severance package. If the employee refused the deal, they had to leave immediately, with nothing.

In IT, they don't want you to have access to data once you realize your tenure is time limited. I was laid off from my last job and given a solid severance package, but literally had my network access blocked while I was being given the news.
So an employee is expected to show loyalty while an employer shows loyalty by assuming you are a thief and saboteur

have you ever had a real job?

Silly outdated double standard. An Employer can dump your ass without any notice at all. And they don't care whether you and your family lives or dies. No two week notice is required of them. Therefore, no two week notice ahould be required of Employees.

It's not about morals, it's about making business decisions. There is no more 'Professional Courtesy.' That got thrown out the window a long time ago. You wanna give a two week notice, that's fine. But it shouldn't effect future employment elsewhere.

It's about who holds the power of your paycheck.
Go ahead and bite the hand that feeds you....

Businesses aren't required to give two week notices when they dump employees. They don't have mercy. It's all about business. So employees shouldn't be held to some outdated hypocritical moral standard.

No, they shouldn't. But if you don't provide a two-week notice, don't get too upset when they don't give you a good job reference in the future.

Outdated double standard Bullshite. Punish workers, but allow Corporate Fatcats to treat workers any way they choose. Sorry, but times are changin. That Corporate double standard Bullshite ain't flyin anymore.

the double standard exists because they rely on you. you do not rely on them. and you can't leave people short-handed. it is responsible to allow time to find your replacement and perhaps train them.

you're childish.

Silly outdated double standard. An Employer can dump your ass without any notice at all. And they don't care whether you and your family lives or dies. No two week notice is required of them. Therefore, no two week notice ahould be required of Employees.

It's not about morals, it's about making business decisions. There is no more 'Professional Courtesy.' That got thrown out the window a long time ago. You wanna give a two week notice, that's fine. But it shouldn't effect future employment elsewhere.

Businesses aren't required to give two week notices when they dump employees. They don't have mercy. It's all about business. So employees shouldn't be held to some outdated hypocritical moral standard.

No, they shouldn't. But if you don't provide a two-week notice, don't get too upset when they don't give you a good job reference in the future.

Outdated double standard Bullshite. Punish workers, but allow Corporate Fatcats to treat workers any way they choose. Sorry, but times are changin. That Corporate double standard Bullshite ain't flyin anymore.

the double standard exists because they rely on you. you do not rely on them. and you can't leave people short-handed. it is responsible to allow time to find your replacement and perhaps train them.

you're childish.

Nah, the double standard nonsense is childish. Businesses aren't concerned with two week notices when it's time to dump workers. Frankly, they don't give a shite whether you and your family end up homeless or die.

So they'll survive workers not giving two week notices. Workers shouldn't be held to standards that businesses aren't held to.

you're childish.

Nah, the double standard nonsense is childish. Businesses aren't concerned with two week notices when it's time to dump workers. Frankly, they don't give a shite whether you and your family end up homeless or die.

So they'll survive workers not giving two week notices. Workers shouldn't be held to standards that businesses aren't held to.

Than you should tell your future employer that you wont be giving a two week notice when you quit before he hires you.

you're childish.

Than you should tell your future employer that you wont be giving a two week notice when you quit before he hires you.

I understand that it is the current system. I get it. But it's silly. Times have changed. There is no more 'professional courtesy.' That went out the window a long time ago. It ended when many Businesses decided to treat workers like worthless slaves.

It's a brutal cut-throat world now. No one owes anyone courtesy. And it's Businesses that have created that climate. So they have no right to bitch about it. Period, end of story.

you're childish.

I understand that it is the current system. I get it. But it's silly. Times have changed. There is no more 'professional courtesy.' That went out the window a long time ago. It ended when many Businesses decided to treat workers like worthless slaves.

It's a brutal cut-throat world now. No one owes anyone courtesy. And it's Businesses that have created that climate. So they have no right to bitch about it. Period, end of story.

I've known people with your attitude...they never advance and most of them end up being fired.

Forum List

Back