Tzipi Livni mulling releasing terrorists

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Muhammad Abu Sita and Ahmed Abu Sita (arrested in 1994) murdered David Dedi with knives in Ramla on December 31, 1003.

Salem Abu Harbish and Ibrahim Jum'a (arrested 1988) murdered Rachel Weiss and her three small children, as well as a fifth person, David Delarosa. They threw a firebomb at a bus in which the Weiss family was traveling, near Jericho. Most of the passengers managed to get out, but Weiss and her children did not. Delarosa, a soldier, tried to pull her out of the bus but she refused to leave the bus without her children, who were caught behind a wall of flames. Delarosa died of the results of smoke inhalation, two months later.

Justice Minister Tzipi Livni is considering the release of terrorist murderers and has received, for this purpose, the files of 120 Arab terror prisoners currently held in Israel.

There is international pressure on Israel to carry out “gestures” toward the Palestinian Authority (PA) as a prelude to “peace talks” with it.

The Almagor terror victims' organization has asked Livni to meet with its representatives before she decides on recommending the release of any terrorists. Almagor head Meir Indor voiced concern that a release is becoming more likely, following an interview in which President Shimon Peres said that he favors a “gesture” such as this....

Livni Mulling Release of Terror Murderers - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

---------

s12632.gif

I think the releases are always a good idea, given the immense cost to Israel of keeping thousands of Palestinians locked up, and the resentment it breeds amogst Palestinians.

But releasing convicted murderers sounds odd to me....

We're shooting our own legs, time after time.

I wonder if Tzipora will agree that someone from her own family will become the next "victim of peace", in hands of a released terrorist.

At the same time....

In December 2011, 4,772 security prisoners were serving terms in Israeli jails. Of these, 552 were sentenced to life terms. As of April 2013, there were approximately 4,700 security prisoners in Israeli jails, most of whom are Palestinian men from the West Bank and Gaza area, convicted of participating in attacks and activities.

Palestinian prisoners in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How much does that cost each year?

At the same time....

In December 2011, 4,772 security prisoners were serving terms in Israeli jails. Of these, 552 were sentenced to life terms. As of April 2013, there were approximately 4,700 security prisoners in Israeli jails, most of whom are Palestinian men from the West Bank and Gaza area, convicted of participating in attacks and activities.

Palestinian prisoners in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How much does that cost each year?

Who cares? They mooch billions from the US.

We're shooting our own legs, time after time.

I wonder if Tzipora will agree that someone from her own family will become the next "victim of peace", in hands of a released terrorist.

There's more than our legs involved in the shooting.

None of the Palestinian political prisoners received lawful trials. Their so called convictions in kangaroo military courts prove absolutely nothing. All should be released.

I think the releases are always a good idea, given the immense cost to Israel of keeping thousands of Palestinians locked up, and the resentment it breeds amogst Palestinians.

They have not lawfully been convicted of any crimes. Their trials violated due process rules set by intl law.

Israel should release every Palestinian prisoner.

Abbas to Israel: Free more terrorists, then we'll talk - Israel Today | Israel News

There is no quote from Abbas were he said that.
Tinmore, I said we should release every Palestinian prisoner. The PA needs some experienced advisors and Parliament members.

They have not lawfully been convicted of any crimes. Their trials violated due process rules set by intl law.

so did their crimes.

do you care at all about that tiny fact?

"I think the releases are always a good idea, given the immense cost to Israel of keeping thousands of Palestinians locked up, and the resentment it breeds amogst Palestinians. But releasing convicted murderers sounds odd to me...."

All that "international pressure" - hope israel doesn't cave in. I hope they review these - 120 cases, diligently and fairly.
if many are not released (because of the heinous nature of their crime ) -- maybe they have to find more $$$$ to put towards the 'prison-budget ....and also start building more prisons/mental institutions..........

so did their crimes.

Trials by kangaroo courts do not legitimately prove any person guilty of any crime.

so did their crimes.

Trials by kangaroo courts do not legitimately prove any person guilty of any crime.

They were judged by the state in which they committed the crime.

Those were not crimes against settlers, but against Israelis INSIDE the green line.

Since those courts were INSIDE the green line, and against them the Palestinian committed the crime, Its more than justified.

Unlike the Baruch Goldstein case.

Forum List

Back