U.S. judges cannot expunge convictions despite job threats -court

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Federal judges cannot expunge convictions from people's criminal records even when it prevents those who have been rehabilitated from getting jobs, and Congress should consider granting the judiciary that power, a U.S. appeals court ruled on Thursday.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York overturned a May 2015 ruling that expunged the records of a 2001 conviction of a woman who spent years struggling to hold down jobs because of it.

Circuit Judge Raymond Lohier called the situation "unfortunate" for the woman, known in court records as Jane Doe, and noted Congress has occasionally let judges give onetime criminal defendants a clean bill of health.

"It might consider doing so again for certain offenders who, like Doe, want and deserve to have their criminal convictions expunged after a period of successful rehabilitation," he wrote.

Maybe someone will ask congressional candidates about this.............

I know......that's just crazy talk.

There is absolutely no way for a judge to determine if a person was successfully rehabilitated. And because business owners are liable for just about everything these days, I'd want to know all I could about a person that I am considering bringing into my workplace.
If he is a rapist, and I'm not given that information, and he rapes one of my other employees, guess who gets sued. The Judge?

The truth:
Within three years of release, about two-thirds (67.8 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested. Within five years of release, about three-quarters (76.6 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested. Of those prisoners who were rearrested, more than half (56.7 percent) were arrested by the end of the first year.

Federal judges cannot expunge convictions from people's criminal records even when it prevents those who have been rehabilitated from getting jobs, and Congress should consider granting the judiciary that power, a U.S. appeals court ruled on Thursday.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York overturned a May 2015 ruling that expunged the records of a 2001 conviction of a woman who spent years struggling to hold down jobs because of it.

Circuit Judge Raymond Lohier called the situation "unfortunate" for the woman, known in court records as Jane Doe, and noted Congress has occasionally let judges give onetime criminal defendants a clean bill of health.

"It might consider doing so again for certain offenders who, like Doe, want and deserve to have their criminal convictions expunged after a period of successful rehabilitation," he wrote.

Yo, if you choose to live that life, suffer, simple!

"GTP"
0e1964c1026a25a8d25f68c453f76685.jpg

A business owner has every right to know the history of the applicant.

Would that the American people had applied that demand to Barack Obama, and ignored the media-created myth.

There is absolutely no way for a judge to determine if a person was successfully rehabilitated. And because business owners are liable for just about everything these days, I'd want to know all I could about a person that I am considering bringing into my workplace.
If he is a rapist, and I'm not given that information, and he rapes one of my other employees, guess who gets sued. The Judge?

The truth:
Within three years of release, about two-thirds (67.8 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested. Within five years of release, about three-quarters (76.6 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested. Of those prisoners who were rearrested, more than half (56.7 percent) were arrested by the end of the first year.

There is a difference between Federal courts and state courts.
Inside the Federal Courts

Rape cases are by and large heard at the state level. You will never ever find sexual offenders getting their records expunged. Unless some of the really stupid crap is taken to task.

Wanting to put the risk on business owners by withholding information that the owner requires if he/she is to provide a safe working environment is a double dilemma for the owner.
If I refuse to hire a radical Muslim, released from jail for making threats, he can sue me for discrimination if he so desires. And if hiding his past from me which leads to 3 dead, 3 injured in cafe shooting, can get me sued for hiring him in the first place, it's time to sell the business and avoid the risks.

The truth:

Rape cases are by and large heard at the state level. You will never ever find sexual offenders getting their records expunged. Unless some of the really stupid crap is taken to task.

Obama is throwing the prison gates wide open. He thinks prisons are the problem, not the criminals. Illegals are flooding in. So, pick the crime of your choice, rape, murder, rape and murder, embezzlement, stalking, theft, harassment, gays that won't bake a Muslim cake, Muslims that won't bake a gay cakes, Christians that won't bake either, I want to pee in the girl's restroom or else, still garner the same degree of risk to the business owner. It's ridiculous.

So how is Floriduh Gov. Rick Scott allowed to commute the sentence of (and restore civil rights) to a political chum convicted of DUI manslaughter less than seven years ago?

So how is Floriduh Gov. Rick Scott allowed to commute the sentence of (and restore civil rights) to a political chum convicted of DUI manslaughter less than seven years ago?

You a little slow?

The truth:

Obama is throwing the prison gates wide open. He thinks prisons are the problem, not the criminals. Illegals are flooding in. So, pick the crime of your choice, rape, murder, rape and murder, embezzlement, stalking, theft, harassment, gays that won't bake a Muslim cake, Muslims that won't bake a gay cakes, Christians that won't bake either, I want to pee in the girl's restroom or else, still garner the same degree of risk to the business owner. It's ridiculous.
If the vast majority of criminal cases are relegated to the states, it's pretty much a state issue. At any rate, it doesn't really have anything to do with giving a damn about them.........it's about the cash. Then it gets local where it is still..........all about the cash.

You a little slow?

Please explain.

You a little slow?

Please explain.

Reread the article and then Post #9.

You a little slow?

Please explain.

See how easy it is to reply without being an asshole?

Ok. So we're talking about a state case that was appealed to a federal judge who denied the appeal because it should have been handled by the state. Right?

Wrong. Federal judges have consistently ruled on state level cases. Despite this judges good intentions, he's not doing his job.

You a little slow?

Please explain.

Ok. So we're talking about a state case that was appealed to a federal judge who denied the appeal because it should have been handled by the state. Right?

Wrong. Federal judges have consistently ruled on state level cases. Despite this judges good intentions, he's not doing his job.

Someday, you will be able to reply without being an asshole. Clearly, you didn't learn that today. You're a sock and, frankly, an all around piece of shit. And......you're fucking wrong.Say goodbye, asshat.

You a little slow?

Please explain.

Oops! Nevahmind!

You a little slow?

Please explain.

Oops! Nevahmind!

Kindly fuck off, Yurt.

Forum List

Back