U.S. Meddles in French Election!

In reality many nations meddle in foreign elections. Why wouldn't you want to get an advantage in global affairs? I say the American government should meddle where appropriate. Obama's efforts are puzzling to me.

The difference with this particular endorsement is that Obama says in the video, something to the effect "I am supporting Mr. Mecron". Just what does this mean? You cannot vote, you aren't a politician who can offer an olive branch or promise certain economic relations, you probably aren't allowed to make a donation to him. Is this some spiritual support?

Ultimately, the same issues there will be decided based on Globalism/EU vs Nationalism. By most accounts, Mecron will win quite handily and with so much at stake you can be sure those stakeholders who need a strong EU and global marketplace will be working extremely hard to ensure this. The Trump victory and Brexit vote caught everyone off guard, not in this election, they have been well prepared.

The term Nationalism isn't a term that is well received due to examples of history of such nations being less than ideal. To me the better term is patriotism. I don't believe there is any nation that should welcome immigrants without an expectation of patriotism and their national values being respected. To do otherwise is National suicide. Outright hatred for foreigners and immigrants isn't kosher to me, but expectations that any new citizens should first enter legally, be limited to national needs and, share national values is fully desired and moreso expected!

For the record, Obama is zero for three with these efforts. First in Israel where Benjamin won easily, followed by Brexit and then of course Trump. So, the valid question is, does such overt and covert efforts to attempt to persuade an election result mean much when nations are clearly determined to set their own destiny?

Not unless the persuader has a lot more pull than Obama apparently has. I would say that most of the time citizens don't care much what somebody from another country thinks they should do, so that's not really a knock on the big O.

Well yes, in regards to overt support. In the more seedy world of covert operations to influence elections, that's a different ballgame, both in regards to morality and effectiveness. Obama was never going to have a close relationship with Israel after the election as it was well known that there was support for the left wing government who lost. That was covert.

Ironically it happened to Obama when believe it or not our own former PM Harper was rumoured to have directed some support behind the scenes for either McCain or Romney (I forget which one now), this had massive negative consequences for Canada, as the U.S convinced the UN to vote for other nations other than Canada on the Security Council. This was a major hit to Canadas influence. It seems Obama has a bit of a mean streak quite frankly and a long memory when we take all of his efforts behind the scenes.

Maybe the most important covert effort was conducted by the CIA in the late 40's early 50's when they actively and aggressively supported the Catholic Church in Italy in a stroke of genius to topple support for the Communist Party which was looking to be a sure shot winner in their elections. If my memory serves correctly. Instead a capitalist, pro-Western government won. If Communism would have reigned in Italy it could have been a disaster.

So, as it were, meddling has it's place. Of course, sometimes too much meddling; especially when not successful can have negative and embarrassing consequences, a la the Bay of Pigs, but I digress.

Nice post. Was thinking a little bit about Italy and if we had not meddled in their election and if the Commies had won and what would the long term effects have been, not just for them but the rest of Europe and beyond. Communism doesn't have a good track record, and in my opinion it would have failed miserably as an economic system in Italy. Would that have mattered to Castro? Or in other places, would the European countries have gone as far as they did into social democracies?

Anyway, I can't support the idea of messing with another country's sovereignty. Elections have consequences and I think you gotta learn from your mistakes and let others do the same. It's tough to see the people in North Korea and Venezuela suffer under terrible regimes but maybe they need to earn their own rights and freedoms.

That's right, Obama has endorsed the French candidate Mecron, just as he supported Netanyahu's opponent in the Israeli elections.

Where's the outrage? Are there any honest liberals out there?

Dude. He's a PRIVATE citizen. Get a grip.

Then why didn't he move back to Chicago or Hawaii?

He just lives a few miles away from the WH..

Hillary let the cat out of the bag

Remember?

She is part of " the resistance"

tumblr_opcdb6HnFr1qb6v6ro1_1280.png

That's right, Obama has endorsed the French candidate Mecron, just as he supported Netanyahu's opponent in the Israeli elections.

Where's the outrage? Are there any honest liberals out there?

Then why didn't he move back to Chicago or Hawaii?

He just lives a few miles away from the WH..

Hillary let the cat out of the bag

Remember?

She is part of " the resistance"

View attachment 125064
She is a loser.

If the best the DNC has as party leaders is the failed Obama which has been a DISASTER for his party, and Hillary, which has been a travesty for her party, then I will sleep very well.

Dude, he was PRESIDENT when he opposed Netanyahu. And Trump was a PRIVATE citizen before his election. Good grief, do you ever THINK before posting?

You need proof of meddling. "Endorsing" is just that - endorsing.

Good grief. Who cares what Trump was before his election? He can say whatever he wants as a private citizen.

Now, this would be a good time to dust off a few of those brain cells.

It's common knowledge that Hillary and her state department meddled in Russia elections.

That's why Putin was so pissed...

It's a huge game, Obama , Hillary and Eric Holder is playing..

Dude, he was PRESIDENT when he opposed Netanyahu. And Trump was a PRIVATE citizen before his election. Good grief, do you ever THINK before posting?

Good grief. Who cares what Trump was before his election? He can say whatever he wants as a private citizen.

It's common knowledge that Hillary and her state department meddled in Russia elections.

But nothing angered Putin as much as Clinton’s statement about Russia’s December 2011 parliamentary elections, which produced widespread allegations of fraud and vote-rigging on behalf of Putin allies. At a conference in Lithuania, Clinton issued a biting statement saying that the Russian people “deserve to have their voices heard and their votes counted, and that means they deserve fair, free transparent elections and leaders who are accountable to them.” Some Obama officials felt the provocative statement went too far.

It certainly provoked Putin, who soon accused his opponents of organizing with State Department money. One former State Department official who worked on Russia issues under Clinton suggests that Putin’s outrage over that statement might have been manufactured, a classic effort by a strongman to tarnish his domestic opposition as foreign puppets. McFaul says he is confident that Putin was genuinely angry.

Whether Putin genuinely believed that Clinton was plotting his overthrow is another question. But he has repeatedly criticized the U.S. for “regime change” policies that have toppled authoritarians in other countries, including Iraq and Libya, that Clinton supported. In the latter case, Putin was furious when a 2011 U.S. and European military operation billed as humanitarian — and advocated by Clinton — evolved into a de facto campaign against dictator Muammar Qadhafi.

Putin reportedly obsessed over Qadhafi's violent death in Kremlin meetings. The graphic video of the Libya ruler’s bloodied body being dragged by a mob is often replayed on Russian television, along with Clinton’s wisecrack about the executed strongman: “We came, we saw, he died.”

Since leaving government, Clinton has had almost exclusively tough words for Putin, especially following Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea. At a March 2014 fundraiser, Clinton compared Putin’s action “to what Hitler did back in the ’30s.”

But few would have guessed that Clinton herself might wind up wondering whether she herself had become a target of Putin’s aggression.

“I think they expect her to win,” said one diplomat with extensive Russia experience, who believes the Kremlin directed the email hack. “But they’re sending her a message that they are a power to be reckoned with and can mess with her at will, so she had better take them seriously.”

Why Putin hates Hillary

This makes me think the Russians weren't meddling in our elections so much as they just wanted to piss in Hillary's corn flakes. And send her a message to boot.

Are you acknowledging that Putin meddled in US elections?

Always did ..

Are you acknowledging that Putin meddled in US elections?

Read my post always did, Russia leaked news what a lying corrupt bitch Hillary is

That is our press job remember?

Putin saved our constitution.

But few would have guessed that Clinton herself might wind up wondering whether she herself had become a target of Putin’s aggression.

“I think they expect her to win,” said one diplomat with extensive Russia experience, who believes the Kremlin directed the email hack.

This makes me think the Russians weren't meddling in our elections so much as they just wanted to piss in Hillary's corn flakes. And send her a message to boot.

Everything you posted confirms that russia meddled in the US election.

Obama did more in the French election than Putin did in the US election as I do not recall Putin endorsing either of our candidates.

But nothing angered Putin as much as Clinton’s statement about Russia’s December 2011 parliamentary elections, which produced widespread allegations of fraud and vote-rigging on behalf of Putin allies. At a conference in Lithuania, Clinton issued a biting statement saying that the Russian people “deserve to have their voices heard and their votes counted, and that means they deserve fair, free transparent elections and leaders who are accountable to them.” Some Obama officials felt the provocative statement went too far.

It certainly provoked Putin, who soon accused his opponents of organizing with State Department money. One former State Department official who worked on Russia issues under Clinton suggests that Putin’s outrage over that statement might have been manufactured, a classic effort by a strongman to tarnish his domestic opposition as foreign puppets. McFaul says he is confident that Putin was genuinely angry.

Whether Putin genuinely believed that Clinton was plotting his overthrow is another question. But he has repeatedly criticized the U.S. for “regime change” policies that have toppled authoritarians in other countries, including Iraq and Libya, that Clinton supported. In the latter case, Putin was furious when a 2011 U.S. and European military operation billed as humanitarian — and advocated by Clinton — evolved into a de facto campaign against dictator Muammar Qadhafi.

Putin reportedly obsessed over Qadhafi's violent death in Kremlin meetings. The graphic video of the Libya ruler’s bloodied body being dragged by a mob is often replayed on Russian television, along with Clinton’s wisecrack about the executed strongman: “We came, we saw, he died.”

Since leaving government, Clinton has had almost exclusively tough words for Putin, especially following Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea. At a March 2014 fundraiser, Clinton compared Putin’s action “to what Hitler did back in the ’30s.”

“I think they expect her to win,” said one diplomat with extensive Russia experience, who believes the Kremlin directed the email hack. “But they’re sending her a message that they are a power to be reckoned with and can mess with her at will, so she had better take them seriously.”

Why Putin hates Hillary

Didn't even know about that statement from the corrupt witch

“I think they expect her to win,” said one diplomat with extensive Russia experience, who believes the Kremlin directed the email hack.

Free speech

We know you guys like to hide criminal behavior from the media, but we try not too

And there are those who think it OK that Obama went to The UK to make threats (trade) against them if they DARED exit The European Union against His wishes...that it wasn't tampering with a foreign election!

The Brits showed him and now we can only hope The French defy their great tradition of stupidity and surrender by rejecting His dictat.

Though He is no longer "president" I continue to capitalize the "H" for two reasons.
1. It keeps Him from pissing himself
2. It helps liberals maintain their state of rage.
And.....
They're fun to watch.
All of the above.

Why Putin hates Hillary

I agree. I highly doubt they expected him to win, I don't think even Trump expected to win. I believe the for long term health of America is far better off that he did. Not just for his leadership and non-political, "can-do" attitude, but also because the GOP as a party have far more mature "adult" members in their ranks. I have never seen the Democrats in the disarray and projecting an almost child-like existence that they are currently.

While it appears that it is not an American crime to meddle in the elections of other nations, to work with other nations to meddle in our election is a criminal act.

While it appears that it is not an American crime to meddle in the elections of other nations, to work with other nations to meddle in our election is a criminal act.

But there is absolutely no proof that anyone worked with Russia to affect the outcome of our election.

Putin hates the Clintons, He may have allowed the hacked e-mail from Podesta and the DNC to be leaked to wikileaks who leaked it to the world. Those e-mails proved corruption within the DNC, the Clinton campaign and some media outlets. Those facts MAY have affected the election. So fuckin what?

Do you object to voters knowing the truth before voting?

Forum List

Back