U.S. Pays For Afghan Massacre -- $50,000 Per Victim...

Sort of sick that under Sharia law one can murder at will, pay off the families and all of a sudden be innocent.
Fucked up system for sure. That is no "law". That is bull shit.

Wereguild I believe it was called under the Germanic tribes.
The Torah (Old Testament) of the Jews has a similar pay the victim's family instead of punishment for a crime.

Sort of sick that under Sharia law one can murder at will, pay off the families and all of a sudden be innocent.

The Torah (Old Testament) of the Jews has a similar pay the victim's family instead of punishment for a crime.

I hate my neighbor.

How bad can I fuck him up for $20?

What does something that was in effect 3,000 years ago have to do with today? Or are you in fact admitting that Islam is a backwards religion stuck best left to history?

More of your Tax Dollars at work. And the saddest part is, no amount of your Tax Dollars & apologies can ever make this right. So why are we still in Afghanistan?

032412ap_afghanistan_grave_800.JPG

The United States has paid $50,000 in compensation for each Afghan killed in the shooting spree attributed to a U.S. soldier in southern Afghanistan, an Afghan official and a community elder said Sunday.

The families of the dead received the money Saturday at the governor's office, said Kandahar provincial council member Agha Lalai. Each wounded person received $11,000, Lalai said. Community elder Jan Agha confirmed the same figures.

They were told that the money came from U.S. President Barack Obama, Lalai said.

A U.S. official confirmed that compensation had been paid but declined to discuss exact amounts, saying only that it reflected the devastating nature of the incident. The official spoke anonymously because of the sensitive nature of the subject.

A spokesman for NATO and U.S. forces declined to confirm or deny the payments, saying that while coalition members often make compensation payments, they are usually kept private.

"As the settlement of claims is in most cases a sensitive topic for those who have suffered loss, it is usually a matter of agreement that the terms of the settlement remain confidential," Lt. Col. Jimmie Cummings said.

Staff Sgt. Robert Bales is accused of sneaking out of his base before dawn on March 11 then creeping into houses in two nearby villages and opening fire on sleeping families within.

It was not immediately clear how much money had been paid out in all. Afghan officials and villagers have counted 16 dead - 12 in the village of Balandi and four in neighboring Alkozai - and six wounded. The U.S. military has charged Bales with 17 murders without explaining the discrepancy.

Read More:
My Way News - Afghans: US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Nothing says we don't care more than putting a price on a life. Of course, the families are all thrilled to get their payoff for the loss of their family members. I value my family at a much high rate, though, so this administration should take heed before they take away from me what they can never replace.

More of your Tax Dollars at work. And the saddest part is, no amount of your Tax Dollars & apologies can ever make this right. So why are we still in Afghanistan?

This was a terrible decision - where is the reparations for the 60 US/NATO troops murdered by afghan soldiers?

When is afghan going to reimburse the US and West for the billions spent trying to turn that wasteland into a real country?

Isn't that the truth? Not only should they compensate the families for their losses, maybe we should demand they carry the cost of our efforts to assist their sorry-assed, shit-hole of a country into the 19th century?

$50K !

when is our military going to learn to put these sort of things out to bid! ~S~

Shit, $50,000 is more than my son, a enlisted member of the US Army serving in Afghanistan, earns in almost two years! You can rest assured, should he die over in that shithole, his family won't receive that much form the government he's served.

032412ap_afghanistan_grave_800.JPG

The United States has paid $50,000 in compensation for each Afghan killed in the shooting spree attributed to a U.S. soldier in southern Afghanistan, an Afghan official and a community elder said Sunday.

The families of the dead received the money Saturday at the governor's office, said Kandahar provincial council member Agha Lalai. Each wounded person received $11,000, Lalai said. Community elder Jan Agha confirmed the same figures.

They were told that the money came from U.S. President Barack Obama, Lalai said.

A U.S. official confirmed that compensation had been paid but declined to discuss exact amounts, saying only that it reflected the devastating nature of the incident. The official spoke anonymously because of the sensitive nature of the subject.

A spokesman for NATO and U.S. forces declined to confirm or deny the payments, saying that while coalition members often make compensation payments, they are usually kept private.

"As the settlement of claims is in most cases a sensitive topic for those who have suffered loss, it is usually a matter of agreement that the terms of the settlement remain confidential," Lt. Col. Jimmie Cummings said.

Staff Sgt. Robert Bales is accused of sneaking out of his base before dawn on March 11 then creeping into houses in two nearby villages and opening fire on sleeping families within.

It was not immediately clear how much money had been paid out in all. Afghan officials and villagers have counted 16 dead - 12 in the village of Balandi and four in neighboring Alkozai - and six wounded. The U.S. military has charged Bales with 17 murders without explaining the discrepancy.

Read More:
My Way News - Afghans: US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Nothing says we don't care more than putting a price on a life. Of course, the families are all thrilled to get their payoff for the loss of their family members. I value my family at a much high rate, though, so this administration should take heed before they take away from me what they can never replace.

You must remember that these are the same religion who willingly send their family members off to be suicide bombers for a few bucks.

The majority of the 9-11 highjacker's were Saudi did the 9-11 victims families get compensation from the Saudis just curious?
I think they offered $10 million and the public outcry to reject it resulted in nonacceptance. Giuliani rejects $10 million.

They should have paid $100M or even $1B.
They offended us.
We offended them. They moved heaven and earth to raise gas prices after that. They don't understand our culture any more than we understand theirs.

They do however understand enemies of the American people will not be tolerated.

Afghans are now being murdered. Has anyone ever wondered where all the war protestor went?

$50K !

when is our military going to learn to put these sort of things out to bid! ~S~

Shit, $50,000 is more than my son, a enlisted member of the US Army serving in Afghanistan, earns in almost two years! You can rest assured, should he die over in that shithole, his family won't receive that much form the government he's served.

That's a very valid point. And pretty disturbing.

Brilliant post. Especially considering all the facts regarding the state of the Afghan economy.

Look for the reparations for American deaths in the Halliburton annual report. Especially in the appendix entitled "Executive Compensation and Bonuses"

BTW, "reparations" is plural. You need to say "where are the reparations" if you want to present yourself as someone who has graduated elementary school.

I need to "prove" myself to low level morons like you? You're fucking far left, mentally ill trash unable to address the point made in the post. Try again, idiot asshole... :cuckoo:

This kind of payment is in accordance with islamic law where a killer can buy "forgiveness" or, quisas from the bereaved and is not guilty of any crime once payment, diyya has been accepted.

U.S. abides by Sharia principles, pays $46,000 for each victim of Kandahar massacre - Jihad Watch

I don't see any real problem with abiding by sharia law in this case. We are in their country after all. The important thing is, that now that the diyya has been paid, Afghanistan has no further interest in prosecution. Bales is now a fully innocent man according to their law and only subject to military law.
Your post is 100% correct

In fact, his post is 100% wrong. A nation's courts NEVER have jurisdiction over US military UNLESS JAG surrenders jurisdiction, which they rarely do.

This is done so to protect US military members from malicious prosecution.

Not saying this guy doesn't deserve to be fried for killing these people, but the idea that we paid to satisfy Sharia is ludicrous.

You are absolutely and totally wrong. The fact that the US in fact, DID pay diyya is compliance with shariah law. No sharia court ORDERED the diyya paid. We certainly COULD have refused to pay it. Not even made the offer. We chose to pay it for very good reasons. Once diyya has been paid, the Afghan court system has no further interest in prosecution. There is no more demand to turn Bales over to locals for trial. He is now according to Afghan law an innocent man.

The effect? There are no witnessess against him.

Forum List

Back