U.S. Set to Sell Last of Its GM Stake

That may be the case in other countries but not here. GM, Chrysler and other auto makers are companies. They should be able to stand on their own.

Ford didn't take a bail out. They got a loan and are doing fine. Didn't cost the taxpayers dime one.

The Govt shouldn't be using taxdollars to bail out anyone.

Sorry but suicide pact my ass.

Love ya Marine but you and I just don't agree on this and probably never will.

No worries.....many of the Cons on other sites give me all kinds of grief about my views on DEtroit car companies and their future going forward. :eusa_angel:

Incidentally, check Ford's stock price compared to GMs. Ford would have gone under if the other two did because of the parts supply chains not having enough orders to stay afloat. Barry could have recouped the rest of the loan but the CEOs wanted out of the deal because of continuing anger about the bailout....it cost them thousands of sales thanks to how Fox and the WSJ spun it. Still the $10B would have gone to waste in lost income taxes and unemployment benefits not only from autoworkers but small businesses around the auto plants. It's a wash in dollars and we have a million workers keeping their job. That's a pretty good deal all around.

LOL, do you think there would be no demand for cars if GM and chrysler crashed? the supply chain would have been just fine.

you live in a fairy tale. you must be a union member.

And you live up your own ass....you're too stupid to talk to me....

Bye bye.

Forum List

Back