U.S. Set To Shove Out Maliki

How about allow each group divide the country into three parts.
Kurds get there's
Shites get there's
Sunnies get there's

Makes more sense.

The Biden solution. I agree, but they'd probably still fight each other. A power sharing government makes the most sense to me - like Maliki was encouraged to do but didn't.

U.S. Signals Iraq's Maliki Should Go: The White House Is Convinced the Shiite Leader Is Unable to Reconcile With the Nation's Sunni Minority and Stabilize a Volatile Political Landscape.

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration is signaling that it wants a new government in Iraq without Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, convinced the Shiite leader is unable to reconcile with the nation's Sunni minority and stabilize a volatile political landscape.

The U.S. administration is indicating it wants Iraq's political parties to form a new government without Mr. Maliki as he tries to assemble a ruling coalition following elections this past April, U.S. officials say.

Such a new government, U.S., officials say, would include the country's Sunni and Kurdish communities and could help to stem Sunni support for the al Qaeda offshoot, the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS, that has seized control of Iraqi cities over the past two weeks. That, the officials argue, would help to unify the country and reverse its slide into sectarian division.

MORE: U.S. Signals Iraq's Maliki Should Go - WSJ

I totally agree. Here's what Fareed Zakaria says about Maliki: "The prime minister and his ruling party have behaved like thugs, excluding the Sunnis from power, using the army, police forces and militias to terrorize their opponents." Fareed Zakaria: Who lost Iraq? The Iraqis did, with an assist from George W. Bush - The Washington Post

Obama wants to overthrow a legitimate government? Just like Bush? And you agree with him?

What a surprise.

No one is going to push out Maliki and no one is going to reform his government.

All of that gives the President the out when he wants it.

Obama wants Maliki to negotiate and compromise with these barbaric animals? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Oh I have to remember. Maliki is the bad guy. He's not been nice to Sunnis. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

ISIL militants slaughter 1,700 Iraqis in mass execution

233a294f62b62417570f6a706700a56d_s640x296.jpg

The al Qaeda-inspired Sunni extremist group surging in Iraq over the past week now claims to have massacred hundreds of Shiite Muslim men taken captive from the nation’s government security forces.

Ghastly images claiming to show several mass graves near the city of Tikrit were posted Sunday on a militant website and social media accounts, including a Twitter feed linked to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) — the group whose fighters have seized control of several northern and western Iraqi cities and towns over the past week.

Some news organizations said ISIL operatives had claimed to have killed 1,700 captured Iraq soldiers, shooting them at point blank range over shallow mass graves dug at various sites.

The Washington Times has not independently confirmed the validity of those claims, or the photos posted by ISIL — although the very arrival and spread of the images on social media sites is likely only to sharpen already searing sectarian tensions between Iraq’s minority Sunni and majority Shiite populations.

The Associated Press cited a top Iraqi military spokesman as saying the photographs were authentic and that he was aware of cases of mass murder of captured Iraqi soldiers in areas held by ISIL. Chief military spokesman Lt. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi told the AP an examination of the images by military experts showed that about 170 soldiers were shot to death by the militants after their capture.

ISIL militants slaughter 1,700 Iraqis in mass execution - Washington Times

This is Egypt all over again. Obama wants a new government that will be more friendly to the radical Muslims. After saying we won't get involved, he decides now to help his buddies again. They owe him a lot for all the help he's given them. I wonder what he is getting out of all the aid to the terrorists.

Iraqi Factions Jockey to Oust Maliki, Citing U.S. Support

BAGHDAD — Alarmed over the Sunni insurgent mayhem convulsing Iraq, the country’s political leaders are actively jockeying to replace Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki, Iraqi officials said Thursday.

The political leaders have been encouraged by what they see as newfound American support for replacing Mr. Maliki with someone more acceptable to Iraq’s Sunnis and Kurds, as well as to the Shiite majority.

MORE: Iraqi Factions Jockey to Oust Maliki, Citing U.S. Support

Proof that Obama can't just overthrow Maliki - it has to be done internally - with American support. Maliki is a thug installed and supported by the Bush regime.

W never understood the relationship between the Shia and the Sunni. He was more interested in forcing democracy on a country that doesn't understand it and never wanted it. We are now paying for his ignorance.

For the uninformed, Iraq recently held elections. The following is from the OP link:

Mr. Maliki's State of Law Party won a plurality of seats, 94 out of 350, in Iraq's parliamentary elections. The country is waiting for Iraq's Supreme Court to ratify the results, after which the parliamentary speaker will call on the leadership of Mr. Maliki's party to form a new government.​

This new government needs to be much more inclusive - preferably without Maliki.

So you want the United States to void the duly elected Government of a Sovreign State, how very Liberal of you.

Getting rid of the naughty puppet sounds like the solution to all our problems. I remember how quickly everything straightened out in Vietnam after we bumped off Diem. Good show!

BAGHDAD — Alarmed over the Sunni insurgent mayhem convulsing Iraq, the country’s political leaders are actively jockeying to replace Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki, Iraqi officials said Thursday.

The political leaders have been encouraged by what they see as newfound American support for replacing Mr. Maliki with someone more acceptable to Iraq’s Sunnis and Kurds, as well as to the Shiite majority.

Proof that Obama can't just overthrow Maliki - it has to be done internally - with American support. Maliki is a thug installed and supported by the Bush regime.

Blaming Bush for the legitimate results of an election he had no control over, what a surprise.

Getting rid of the naughty puppet sounds like the solution to all our problems. I remember how quickly everything straightened out in Vietnam after we bumped off Diem. Good show!

Carter dumping the Shah of Iran has worked out very well for us too!

:lol:

After the picture I put up of ISIS you are calling Maliki a thug?

:lmao:

Come on Lakhota be honest. There's not a terrorist the left doesn't love is there?

Obama's regime change in Egypt didn't work out too well for his hand picked Morsi and his band of Muslim Brotherhood terrorists did it?

Oh and then take at Libya. Obama removed Gaddafi. Place has gone to living hell for the citizenry.

Obama is desperately trying with Saudi Arabia and Qatar to get rid of Assad and has been backing the paid Sunni terrorists in that country.

Oh and of course he just loves the Sunni Taliban so much he gave their leaders back to them.

Now this "non intervening" asshole is backing "disenfranchised Sunni terrorists" who are beheading their way to Baghdad.

If I was Shiite I'd be really pissed at America's leader with backing all these Sunni monsters in the ME.

I fear there will be consequences for his blatant backing of Sunni. I think Americans should be worried too.

Forum List

Back