UH OH Matthew here's another one you are going to hate:Race, Intelligence and IQ

Just curious, Speedo, how does one "operate" a yardstick? I have heard of "operating" cars, computers, cameras, forklifts and even golf carts.

But never a "yardstick".

Hey loonybird. You use a yardstick to measure distances but most blacks can't even comprehend that. If they're on a house construction crew, they just eyeball everything and nothing fits.

So, is your advanced degree in architecture? Don't be so shy!

Speed tweaker has an advanced degree? You're joking, of course.

Hey loonybird. You use a yardstick to measure distances but most blacks can't even comprehend that. If they're on a house construction crew, they just eyeball everything and nothing fits.

So, is your advanced degree in architecture? Don't be so shy!

Speed tweaker has an advanced degree? You're joking, of course.

Well, he keeps suggesting that he does, but when pressed he always runs off like the scared little bitch that he is.

Even if true, who cares about verbal skills.? Blacks can't learn math and technical skills and that's what matters. They can't even operate a yardstick.

Just curious, Speedo, how does one "operate" a yardstick? I have heard of "operating" cars, computers, cameras, forklifts and even golf carts.

But never a "yardstick".

Racist fuck. Your I.Q. is below the national average....of the mentally challenged.

Race, Intelligence and IQ: Are Blacks Smarter than Whites?
Thursday, 10 April 2008 11:30 Africa
The information presented above suggests that African born blacks residing in western countries as a group possess IQs that are between 5 points and a full standard deviation (15 IQ points) above that of whites living in these countries. So that the median IQ for African blacks residing in the west should be about 110, if one accepts that research suggesting direct casual relationships between academic attainment levels and IQ (e.g. Gottfredson, 1998; Ostrowsky, 1999)!

Research also shows that when African Americans are matched as to linguistic behavior (e.g. black vs. standard English), literacy levels and to the comprehension of sayings requiring specific knowledge, that African Americans perform as well or better than do Whites on IQ tests.

By Bernie Douglas (April 10, 2008), Revised February 17, 2009

WHAT ARE IQ TESTS?

IQ is a culturally and ideologically rooted construct; an index intended to predict success or outcomes that are valued as success by some people, in western societies. The items on these tests are largely measures of achievement at various levels of competency (Sternberg et al, 1998a, 1999, 2003a) and are devised impressionistically by psychologists to simply mimic the psycholinguistic structures of schooling and middle class clerical/administrative occupations (Richardson, 2000, 2002). Alfred Binet, the inventor of the first intelligence test devised this instrument more than 100 years ago to screen “children” for educational difficulties, and made clear its conceptual foundations (See Richardson, 2002). His interest was in the educational development of children, and argued that his test could not be used for children over the age of seventeen. He also believed that scores on his test could be radically improved through learning and instruction. Stern (1914) would devise what is known today as the concept of “I.Q.,” which stands simply for “Intelligence Quotient.” Stern’s quotient system was, too, like Binet’s test, devised for use exclusively with children, and was not intended for use with adults.

IQ tests were originally intended to be little more than devices for generating numbers that are useful in assessing academic aptitude with in a given culture, and for use mainly with children. IQ tests sample some elements of intelligent behavior and these elements are associated with academic performance (Capron et al, 1999). Traditional IQ tests do not measure the many forms of intelligence that are beyond more academically specific skills, such as music, creativity, art, interpersonal and intrapersonal abilities (Braaten and Norman, 2006; Gardner, 2000; Armstrong, 1993). The processes associated with schooling influence performance on IQ tests through a combination of direct instruction and indirect inculcation of modes of thinking, and the values associated with standardized testing (Ceci and Williams 1997; Ceci, 1991; Richardson, 2000, 2002). Tests have a narrow focus on skills and tasks which are acquired and rehearsed through the processes of formal or informal schooling (Ceci and Williams, 1997; Ceci, 1991: Kamin, 1974).

IQ and similar tests are also unable to measure one' s potential, are not independent from what is measured by achievement tests and are not powerful predictors of low reading performance (Siegel, 1989, 1992; Bradshaw, 2001; Naglieri and Reardon, 1993; Rispens et al 1991). Test results in one child can vary according to mood, motivation, and fatigue, while the tests themselves show prominent rehearsal/learning effects, generally assume a degree of literacy, and are largely framed to suit mainstream Western cultural requirements (Ceci & Williams, 1997; Ceci, 1991; O' Brien, 2001; Richardson 2000, 2002; Sternberg, 2004). For these reasons and others many believe that the use of IQ tests should be abandoned (Siegel, 1989, 1992; Vellutino et al, 2000, Bradshaw, 2001; Schonemann, 1997c). In addition, no tests except dynamic tests (see Sternberg & Grigorenko, 2002a) that require learning at the time of the test directly measure ability to learn. Traditional IQ tests focus on measuring past learning, typical of the kind acquired through the processes of formal schooling and cultural exchange. While these things are known to be heavily influenced by accessibility, motivation and available opportunities to learn (see Fagan and Holland, 2002, 2007).

Entire article here: Race, Intelligence and IQ: Are Blacks Smarter than Whites?

Edited for copyright and link.

Edited by Wiseacre for length

I'm glad you were informed of the quoting rules.

the first citation is Gottfedson 1998, which turns out to be a Scientific American featured article. Scientific American Presents: Feature Article: The General Intelligence Factor: November 1998

By now the vast majority of intelligence researchers take these findings for granted. Yet in the press and in public debate, the facts are typically dismissed, downplayed or ignored. This misrepresentation reflects a clash between a deeply felt ideal and a stubborn reality. The ideal, implicit in many popular critiques of intelligence research, is that all people are born equally able and that social inequality results only from the exercise of unjust privilege. The reality is that Mother Nature is no egalitarian. People are in fact unequal in intellectual potential--and they are born that way, just as they are born with different potentials for height, physical attractiveness, artistic flair, athletic prowess and other traits. Although subsequent experience shapes this potential, no amount of social engineering can make individuals with widely divergent mental aptitudes into intellectual equals.

the SA article does not say what Douglas implied. if you want I can find a university paper that found South African black university students averaged ~IQ85.

the second citation, "Ostrowsky L. (1999). College dropouts and standardized tests. Academic Questions, Springer New York Volume 12, Number 2 / June, 1999", was in Journal of Blacks in Higher Education but I was unable to retrieve it from the archives. judging from the name of the article I find it hard to believe it supports Douglas' position either.

you can easily see why I dont want to make a point-by-point rebuttal of an Op-Ed that cloaks itself with citations that have nothing to do with conclusions of the author.

[

Racist fuck. Your I.Q. is below the national average....of the mentally challenged.

HAHAHA. Looks like i ruined your day again. I love driving loony libs ballistic. HAHA

[
the SA article does not say what Douglas implied. if you want I can find a university paper that found South African black university students averaged ~IQ85.

And those are the ones in college. The average black african is more like 65!!!!

Research also shows that when African Americans are matched as to linguistic behavior (e.g. black vs. standard English), literacy levels and to the comprehension of sayings requiring specific knowledge, that African Americans perform as well or better than do Whites on IQ tests.

Even if true, who cares about verbal skills.? Blacks can't learn math and technical skills and that's what matters. They can't even operate a yardstick.

But never a "yardstick".
Place, and read moron.

Forum List

Back