Uh, oh. Not that lady's doorbell!

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Court documents show that boys playing a doorbell-ringing prank picked the wrong house — a really bad house.

Police say the boys angered the female resident to the point that she tried to run one down with her van, punched another three times while holding a knife to his chest and threatened to kill the boys and others, all while shouting racial slurs.

Ashley D. Crossland followed one boy to the house where the boys were having a sleepover, police say, and illegally entered the home. Confronted by a father of one of the boys, Crossland allegedly “threatened to slit his throat and everyone’s throats in the house, including the babies.”

....The statement says the woman removed a type of hunting knife and pointed it at the boy while he was seated in the passenger seat. The boy said the woman referred to him using several racial slurs and “told him she was going to murder him and slit his throat and his family’s throats.”

The boy directed Crossland to a nearby home where he and the other boys and young man were sleeping over for the night. The statement says Crossland followed the boy to the door.

A man at the house where his son and the other boys were staying told police J.D. ran into the house crying and told him what had happened. The man said he didn’t previously know the boys were ringing doorbells.

The man said he could hear a woman yelling — inside his house — and he ran upstairs and saw Crossland standing a few feet inside his entryway.
Uh oh. Not that lady s doorbell Springfield News-Leader news-leader.com

Now you know what is behind door number three.

The woman took it too far but I definitely would have walked out into my yard and informed them I would shoot the next one to step foot on my property.

This is why locked fences make the best neighbors.

For some reason I was reminded of this crazy case...

Was like 2003, 2006, somewhere around there. So these two teenage girls make a bunch of cookies to give to the neighbors as a ‘hi’ kind of deal. After they finished their farm chores, they go deliver all these cookies to their neighbors; wrapped up with a little bow and their names on them. The girls claim they only stopped at houses where a light was on, figuring they were up and would like some cookies. Sadly, a light’s on at this ladies house. And this is where I believe they lost the case in the letter of the law - They were hurrying to deliver all the cookies because it was getting dark, so they decided to just put the cookies on the porch, knock on the door, then run to the next house. Legal call was along the lines of disruption of peace.

Anyway, this lady completely freaks out. Goes to the ER the next morning because she can’t stop shaking. Later that day, armed with the conveniently supplied names left on the offensive cookies, she lawyer’s up and sues these girls. The parents apologized and the girls each wrote her letter of apology. Court records also contain a bunch letters from other neighbors who enjoyed the cookies. The parents at some point even offer to pay this ladies medical bill if she would drop the case against the girls (one was 18 so this is permanent record stuff.) Lady refuses… get this, because they didn’t come apologize to her in person. (Because the last time they knocked on her door it turned out so well for them.) Ultimately end up in court and the judge award’s this lady almost $900.

For some reason I was reminded of this crazy case...

Was like 2003, 2006, somewhere around there. So these two teenage girls make a bunch of cookies to give to the neighbors as a ‘hi’ kind of deal. After they finished their farm chores, they go deliver all these cookies to their neighbors; wrapped up with a little bow and their names on them. The girls claim they only stopped at houses where a light was on, figuring they were up and would like some cookies. Sadly, a light’s on at this ladies house. And this is where I believe they lost the case in the letter of the law - They were hurrying to deliver all the cookies because it was getting dark, so they decided to just put the cookies on the porch, knock on the door, then run to the next house. Legal call was along the lines of disruption of peace.

Anyway, this lady completely freaks out. Goes to the ER the next morning because she can’t stop shaking. Later that day, armed with the conveniently supplied names left on the offensive cookies, she lawyer’s up and sues these girls. The parents apologized and the girls each wrote her letter of apology. Court records also contain a bunch letters from other neighbors who enjoyed the cookies. The parents at some point even offer to pay this ladies medical bill if she would drop the case against the girls (one was 18 so this is permanent record stuff.) Lady refuses… get this, because they didn’t come apologize to her in person. (Because the last time they knocked on her door it turned out so well for them.) Ultimately end up in court and the judge award’s this lady almost $900.
I remember that case. Nicely done!

Forum List

Back