UK Four Day Work Week Experiment: Can It Work Here?

I’m good enough to know not only can’t you get a job done in the same time working three days instead of five you moron. I can also add up two days of overtime to work five days is more expensive.

Never mind, you are WAY to dumb to continue this conversation with. Truly a drooling idiot.

I've been saying for a while that it is just a matter of time before we have a 35, or even a 30, hour work week.

While automation has eliminated a lot of jobs, it has greatly increased worker production.

We are manufacturing more stuff than ever, but using less workers to do it.

We are mining more stuff than ever, but using far less workers to do it.

We are producing more food than ever, but using less workers to do it. At the time of the ratification of the Constitution, 98 percent of Americans were in the agricultural sector. Today, we feed the world with just 2 percent of our labor force.

The UK recently performed an experiment where some companies reduced their work week to four days, while paying the workers the same salary.

It was a resounding success, and the companies involved plan on continuing the four day work week even though the experiment is over.

I think it is time we thing about doing the same thing here in the US.
The real guilty of the world in the global climate scam are not us. However, you do not spew that.

I've been saying for a while that it is just a matter of time before we have a 35, or even a 30, hour work week.

While automation has eliminated a lot of jobs, it has greatly increased worker production.

We are producing more food than ever, but using less workers to do it. At the time of the ratification of the Constitution, 98 percent of Americans were in the agricultural sector. Today, we feed the world with just 2 percent of our labor force.

The UK recently performed an experiment where some companies reduced their work week to four days, while paying the workers the same salary.

It was a resounding success, and the companies involved plan on continuing the four day work week even though the experiment is over.

Save on gas driving to and fro...lower carbon footprint...more quality of life time....

Sounds good to me!

A or B

1677669380050.png

It will never work here.

1/2 the nation--the GOP--is against anything that makes people's lives marginally better.

The student loan forgiveness is expected to cost about $450B on the high side

Compared to other government outlays...it's pocket change and would actually help folks. Why are they against it? Simply because it's beneficial to a group of people they don't like--college educated folks whom they think are somehow their enemy.

It will never work here.

1/2 the nation--the GOP--is against anything that makes people's lives marginally better.

Compared to other government outlays...it's pocket change and would actually help folks. Why are they against it? Simply because it's beneficial to a group of people they don't like--college educated folks whom they think are somehow their enemy.

The actual law and powers of the 3 branches means nothing, right? As long as your feelz is satisfied.
People like you is why the govt can do whatever the fuck it wants with no recourse.

We need everyone everyday. I really don't mind working all those hours. The difference is that we are 100% productive every hour we are there. It's not like office workers who apparently waste a lot of time.
I worked as labor and later, in an office, I work harder mentally in and office and deal with more stress. I had production issues in both settings.

It's super easy, when you pay more than your competitors. ;)

But I get it.
There ya go. My guys get about double what the average useless fucks get. That's why we do "backhoe to bathroom" in 90 - 120 days 7 days. Problem with weather ? NOOP. Go in the shop and work on doors, cabinets, steel, gates. Schedule is 6 -5 and some of the guys like working until 8-9 PM after some excellent grub at 5. Late involves beer, detailing and music.7 days until finish and don't do shit for 6 weeks or 2 months until the next one. I do. I buy and store all material in the shop and work with the sawmills while they're off. Non of this "It's on order" BS. It's all here before the backhoe starts...except for sand and gravel

It will never work here.

Why should college kids be the ones in the unique position to find themselves to be in the benefit of government? I mean, let’s just forgive all debt then? That would help a lot more people, right?

Most moronic idea ever.

Do you think your pals in China work 30 hour work weeks?

Forum List

Back