Ukraine: Six AK-74s strapped together, firing simultaneously,..to shoot down drones.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
R.d91889ae4cfc892326e6a4ccb13da462

Well, that's a rather ingenious waste of ammo. If a foreign country was giving me free ammo and guns I’d build one too! ;)

Oh, I see they have dragged out old DP-28 "pan-fed" machine guns too.

Never been done before.

fa4255f2d8eb9a149f37106eab696fcfc5226d63.jpeg

PPSH_41-na-opuskaemoy-platforme-v-bomboo-2879390.JPG

Trash can guns used in a trashy country between two white trash nations involved in a war over trash.

Fuckin' Eurotrash. Ukraine and Russia are Europe's version of Alabama and Mississippi.

Actually I'd rather live in Alabama and Mississippi than I would in either of the two white trash countries of Ukraine and Russia.

Trash can guns used in a trashy country between two white trash nations involved in a war over trash.

Fuckin' Eurotrash. Ukraine and Russia are Europe's version of Alabama and Mississippi.

Actually I'd rather live in Alabama and Mississippi than I would in either of the two white trash countries of Ukraine and Russia.
Was going to say AB and MS are pretty nice places, if you venture outside their trashy big cities.

Was going to say AB and MS are pretty nice places, if you venture outside their trashy big cities.

Actually they're wonderful places, I just had to use them for examples to make a point. Those liberals who support the war tend to look down on Southern states as being "trash", even though they support one of the whitest, trashiest, and most corrupt countries in the world.

Actually they're wonderful places, I just had to use them for examples to make a point. Those liberals who support the war tend to look down on Southern states as being "trash", even though they support one of the whitest, trashiest, and most corrupt countries in the world.
The south is trash no matter where you is.

What they need is a type of AA guns and ammo....where the round explodes and becomes shrapnel when near the target. There are other things that have been created but they won't be made available to Ukraine. (Drone hunting drones and etc)

Anti-drone air defense is even newer than drone warfare. There's not a lot currently available for NATO at the moment. Each country has some sort of drone air defense but as far as a coordinated and integrated system for NATO? Not much exists.

Ukraine getting NATO retired equipment....not the latest datist stuff. IOW several generations old equipment. This "old, retired" equipment seems cutting edge to the Ukranians at the moment and also absolutely outclasses most of what Russia throws at Ukraine at the moment anyway.

What they need is a type of AA guns and ammo....where the round explodes and becomes shrapnel when near the target. There are other things that have been created but they won't be made available to Ukraine. (Drone hunting drones and etc)

Anti-drone air defense is even newer than drone warfare. There's not a lot currently available for NATO at the moment. Each country has some sort of drone air defense but as far as a coordinated and integrated system for NATO? Not much exists.

Ukraine getting NATO retired equipment....not the latest datist stuff. IOW several generations old equipment. This "old, retired" equipment seems cutting edge to the Ukranians at the moment and also absolutely outclasses most of what Russia throws at Ukraine at the moment anyway.
I don't know if a currently produced proximity fuse would work with a small, mostly plastic, drone. A scaled-down Beehive round maybe.

OIP.yBe6APIdM7W4P2A2Hu5yigAAAA

Drones are cheap, and there are lots of them. That means you can't waste expensive ammunition on them. You'll run out of such ammo much sooner than the enemy runs out of drones.

Thus, solutions like the combined ak-74's. Drones go low and slow, so you don't need radar-guided systems.

I don't know if a currently produced proximity fuse would work with a small, mostly plastic, drone. A scaled-down Beehive round maybe.

OIP.yBe6APIdM7W4P2A2Hu5yigAAAA
You might be right....

The latest EW stuff is beyond my understanding....most of the EW systems are to begin with and I have a rudimentary understanding of electronics to begin with as an electrician. A BP filter is a BP filter and it can Clean a signal up no matter what because any signal on top just boosts it. Digital or analog.
But the stuff they are doing these days is wild to me because processing power is cheaper than ever and memory is also cheap....
The networked drones are doing phenomenal things these days. And they still don't cost much by comparison of a tank....but a flock of networked drones can certainly take out a Brigade of tanks.

Drones are cheap, and there are lots of them. That means you can't waste expensive ammunition on them. You'll run out of such ammo much sooner than the enemy runs out of drones.

Thus, solutions like the combined ak-74's. Drones go low and slow, so you don't need radar-guided systems.
ding ding ding, we have a winner

Forum List

Back