Ukulele Rock Song Covers

Let's fight about that :)
OMG that is pure perfection!

She's just unbelievable. She's off the charts.... She is perfection...

I have to start with Jake Shimabukuro. Every time I put him on, my uke and I go into the bedroom and cry because we can't be like him... and my guitar turns its head in jealousy.... and my keyboards laugh in spite bc I've been ignoring her (such a woman...) He's soooo friggin good!

He does a LOT of covers!

Bohemian Rhapsody on a 4-string instrument!

Very impressive. Have you heard any of the music of a man from Hawaii who called himself Bruddah Iz? He died some time back but he left behind some beautiful music. He had an incredible tenor singing voice in addition to his fine ukulele playing. His version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is the best version I've heard of the song.

Of course! Oh my god, i love him! IZ!!!! What a voice!

Iz recorded "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" in one take.

Hard to improve on absolute perfection...

mary elizabeth winstead, is perfection

My ex's nephew had the same music teacher as Jake... First time I seen Jake play was at Ala Moana Mall some time in the late 80's... There is a bandstand there and he was part of the entertainment... He was probably around 9 or 10 and could make the Uke talk even at that age... He is good great...

• Thanks
Reactions: RWS
My ex's nephew had the same music teacher as Jake... First time I seen Jake play was at Ala Moana Mall some time in the late 80's... There is a bandstand there and he was part of the entertainment... He was probably around 9 or 10 and could make the Uke talk even at that age... He is good great...
I'm just messing around. He is absolutely great! Kinda makes me not want to play anymore... Because it is something I can never reach. I love him and his brother as well! He's equally as great!

Jake has the flair and the smile, otherwise Bruce is just as good!

Sometimes all it takes is a smile to move forward. :)

I'm trying to work that percussion into my playing, but it's so hard!!!!

I was so sad when I found out he passed away. I'm a new uke player. Only been playing a few years, but he was the first influence on me!
I have a Best Of CD by him and it's very good. It's a shame he died at such a young age, but I believe he DID weigh over 400 pounds. That was probably just too much of a strain on his heart.
yes, and i'm so sorry he passed away, he was a great talent and an absolutely beautiful voice! And so young...

this makes me cry...

and warriors don't cry...

Jake doing Eleanor Rigby on a ukulele!

Fuck wow! I can't masturbate that fast!

He's probably a one pump chump!!! :)

Forum List

Back