What are some of your favorite pop/rock songs all-time?

Of course there have been a multitude of great pop/rock songs released over the years. This would include any pop/rock songs from the 1950's to present day. Some of my all-time favorites include - 1) Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen, it's still the most impressive piece of music I've heard on the radio. I remember the first time I heard it, I couldn't believe what I had just listened to. It was like, "Wow, now THAT was different!" 2) The Only Living Boy In New York, by Simon and Garfunkel, just an extraordinary piece of music. I get shivers and am brought to tears every time I hear this song. Just fantastic. 3) Bridge Over Troubled Water, by Simon and Garfunkel, my second favorite song by the duo. Garfunkel's vocals on this one are just incredible. 4) Johnny B. Goode, by Chuck Berry, my favorite song from the 50's. This one NEVER fails to put me in a good mood, and always makes we want to get up and shake my ass! 5) Maggie May, by Rod Stewart, easily my favorite by the English artist. THIS song made him an international star, and for good reason. So here are some of my favorites, what are some of yours?
That Smell by Skynyrd, anything AC/DC, Sympathy For The Devil by Rolling Stones, Learning To Fly, Tom Petty, I'm the only one by Melissa Etheridge and December by Collective Soul.

I have too many to name, but after seeing what's already been mentioned so far, I couldn't help but smile when I ran across Led Zepplin's "Whole Lotta Love". I LOVE that song! :) :) :)

God bless you and the members of the act always!!!

Holly

Got to say that the Doobie Brothers Black Water was amazing. Two would be Simon and Grafunkel Sounds of Silence. Third would be a toss up Peter Paul and Mary Puff the magic dragon or Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze. After that there are so many songs by Buddy Holly and The Doors it would be hard to name one above the other.

Not to derail the thread but always wondered how music would have changed if Hendrix, Buddy Holly and Jim Morrison had lived longer.
Yep, the music world would've been more interesting if Hendrix, Holly, and Morrison HAD lived longer. Unfortunately we can only speculate where their music would've gone.
Problem was Hendrix wanted to do things in the studio. The executives wanted him out on the road promoting his work. He hated crowds and hated doing the same song time after time. He was supposed to go on early at Woodstock but when he saw the crowd he refused. Was finally forced on after being told he would be sued.
thats not what i read in a story of the bands at woodstock....here is it here....
Jimi Hendrix had been booked as a headliner at Woodstock, but he didn’t take the stage until the event was nearly over—Monday morning at 9 a.m. Part of the reason is Hendrix had a clause in his contract stipulating that no act could follow his performance. By the time Hendrix began his set, the exhausted Monday-morning crowd had dwindled to about 30,000.
Heard that story from Mitch Mitchell's cousin. Always assumed it was true as he claimed that he heard it from Mitch himself.

Step-by-step new kids on the block
new kids on the block?.....and you say you are black ops?.....lol...
From the waist down
huh?....
I believe he's referring to his "black like" anatomy below the waist, if you catch my drift.
He just wants a pic
yea, than i will post it here so we can all have a great laugh.....

Got to say that the Doobie Brothers Black Water was amazing. Two would be Simon and Grafunkel Sounds of Silence. Third would be a toss up Peter Paul and Mary Puff the magic dragon or Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze. After that there are so many songs by Buddy Holly and The Doors it would be hard to name one above the other.

Not to derail the thread but always wondered how music would have changed if Hendrix, Buddy Holly and Jim Morrison had lived longer.
Yep, the music world would've been more interesting if Hendrix, Holly, and Morrison HAD lived longer. Unfortunately we can only speculate where their music would've gone.
Problem was Hendrix wanted to do things in the studio. The executives wanted him out on the road promoting his work. He hated crowds and hated doing the same song time after time. He was supposed to go on early at Woodstock but when he saw the crowd he refused. Was finally forced on after being told he would be sued.
thats not what i read in a story of the bands at woodstock....here is it here....
Jimi Hendrix had been booked as a headliner at Woodstock, but he didn’t take the stage until the event was nearly over—Monday morning at 9 a.m. Part of the reason is Hendrix had a clause in his contract stipulating that no act could follow his performance. By the time Hendrix began his set, the exhausted Monday-morning crowd had dwindled to about 30,000.
Heard that story from Mitch Mitchell's cousin. Always assumed it was true as he claimed that he heard it from Mitch himself.
were ever hendrix played he had good crowds so i dont see how he would be scared of playing in front of .....nervous yes....

From the waist down
huh?....
I believe he's referring to his "black like" anatomy below the waist, if you catch my drift.
He just wants a pic
Just want everybody to know Harry has been blowing up my inbox begging for a picture of Mr. big

From the waist down
huh?....
He just wants a pic
Just want everybody to know Harry has been blowing up my inbox begging for a picture of Mr. big
Mr. Big?...the band?.....the one with Paul Gilbert?....

were ever hendrix played he had good crowds so i dont see how he would be scared of playing in front of .....nervous yes....
As I said I heard it second hand but tended to believe it because there was a direct connection. I guess if you really want to know you would have to ask Jimi himself.

I have too many to name, but after seeing what's already been mentioned so far, I couldn't help but smile when I ran across Led Zepplin's "Whole Lotta Love". I LOVE that song! :) :) :)

God bless you and the members of the act always!!!

Holly
Thanks, Holly.
You're welcome. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Thank you for a chat about something positive. :) :) :)

From the waist down
huh?....
He just wants a pic
Consider yourself a lucky man IF it IS worthy of that moniker. Myself, I was unluckily saddled with an "appendage" that has sometimes had ladies ask, "Is that ALL there is?" So, yes, very lucky indeed. Or another one I heard was, "Inchworm", which IS a complete misnomer, it's at LEAST 2-3 times that size!

From the waist down
huh?....
He just wants a pic
Consider yourself a lucky man IF it IS worthy of that moniker. Myself, I was unluckily saddled with an "appendage" that has sometimes had ladies ask, "Is that ALL there is?" So, yes, very lucky indeed. Or another one I heard was, "Inchworm", which IS a complete misnomer, it's at LEAST 2-3 times that size!
i could hardly go swimming anywhere.....when ever i got out of the pool with the suit clinging to the body i got some looks at the crotch area with the outline of this monster.....its kind of embarrassing when all the woman who are there would give you the "grin"....

From the waist down
huh?....
He just wants a pic
i could hardly go swimming anywhere.....when ever i got out of the pool with the suit clinging to the body i got some looks at the crotch area with the outline of this monster.....its kind of embarrassing when all the woman who are there would give you the "grin"....
THAT must've been nice! I DO occasionally tell people that yes, I AM hung like a horse. A SEA horse, that is!

From the waist down
huh?....
He just wants a pic
THAT must've been nice! I DO occasionally tell people that yes, I AM hung like a horse. A SEA horse, that is!
And thanks to Jitss, this thread has turned to talking about penises. But that's OK, why NOT? Music, penises, just part of life here on this mortal coil we call home.

Forum List

Back