🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

UN-Privatize Baseball Now. PLEEEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Government Bureaucrats will do better at managing team rosters?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Right?? Put a limit of, at most, $300k per player, but take $20 million in bureaucrats to plan the season.

Are you kidding? It would cost 10X what baseball does now given how the government runs things.

I see them not wanting to sell. They have invested a lot of money, time and effort into it.

You might be able to buy a few minor league teams, and maybe one or two major league teams, but that is it. And if your salary limit is $300k per player, then few players will be coming your way.

And there are 10 MLB teams that are supposedly worth at least $1 billion.

Your use of the word "worth" is something within the baseball capitalist mindset. I'm talking from outside of that. This whole thing has degraded so far down, it is time for govt to step in and impose regulation (BIG time)
Whole thing needs to be REDEFINED.

So you want the gov't to step in and steal major league basebal teams from their rightful owners and give them to some sort of halfassed citizen consortium??

You want to cheat the team owners out of hundreds of millions of dollars, and take their property, against their will and by force, all because you don't like the way they are playing the game now??

I have seen some suggestions for temper tantrums, but this one takes the cake.

No, I'd like to see govt step in and TAKE BACK what MLB owners have stolen from the fans. The game of pro baseball. And where do you get off calling a citizen consortium "half-assed" ? What is "half-assed" is this whole mish-mash that baseball has turned into, by being run by baseball ignorant greed freaks.

Yes, I want to nationalize the leagues, I think you heard me right, but it's not because I "don't like the way they are playing the game now". YOU KNOW why. It's because they've made a shambles out of it, and everyone knows it.
And it's not a temper tantrum. It is form following function (as they used to tell us in college, remember ? :D)

Last edited:

Could they really do worse than what we're seeing now (Ex. David Price "trade") ?

Last edited:
Your use of the word "worth" is something within the baseball capitalist mindset. I'm talking from outside of that. This whole thing has degraded so far down, it is time for govt to step in and impose regulation (BIG time)

So you want the gov't to step in and steal major league basebal teams from their rightful owners and give them to some sort of halfassed citizen consortium??

You want to cheat the team owners out of hundreds of millions of dollars, and take their property, against their will and by force, all because you don't like the way they are playing the game now??

No, I'd like to see govt step in and TAKE BACK what MLB owners have stolen from the fans. The game of pro baseball. And where do you get off calling a citizen consortium "half-assed" ? What is "half-assed" is this whole mish-mash that baseball has turned into, by being run by baseball ignorant greed freaks.

Yes, I want to nationalize the leagues, I think you heard me right, but it's not because I "don't like the way they are playing the game now". YOU KNOW why. It's because they've made a shambles out of it, and everyone knows it.
And it's not a temper tantrum. It is form following function (as they used to tell us in college, remember ? :D)

Owners stole baseball from the fans?
?
Really? When did the fans own and bankroll the teams that the owners stole?

Right?? Put a limit of, at most, $300k per player, but take $20 million in bureaucrats to plan the season.

Are you kidding? It would cost 10X what baseball does now given how the government runs things.

FALSE! It's just the opposite. it would cost far LESS. For starters, players salaries would come back down to earth. Profits would thereby be much higher, and the excess $$$ could be spent to bolster county services (sheriff dept, parks, schools, transportation, etc) :D

?

You have one definition of "owning". I have another. And as far as I'm concerned these MLB owners can take their millions and shove them. :D

Twins have been doing this for yrs and we were dumb enough to build them a new stadium so they could triple the ticket prices on us.

I see them not wanting to sell. They have invested a lot of money, time and effort into it.

You might be able to buy a few minor league teams, and maybe one or two major league teams, but that is it. And if your salary limit is $300k per player, then few players will be coming your way.

And there are 10 MLB teams that are supposedly worth at least $1 billion.

Your use of the word "worth" is something within the baseball capitalist mindset. I'm talking from outside of that. This whole thing has degraded so far down, it is time for govt to step in and impose regulation (BIG time) This is a perfect example of how far into disarray and insanity things can go, when left entirely to the free market. Whole thing needs to be REDEFINED. Nationalize the whole league, and then put them under state controls.

You are talking fantasy.

When I use the word "worth" I am quoting the financial worth of the teams. It is not something you can simply dismiss because you remember baseball being different.

And the gov't has no business taking over baseball. It has no vested interest.

You make it sound like it is a matter of national security that you don't think baseball is as entertaining as it once was.

You think it is not as entertaining, so you want the gov't to step in and fix it??? LMAO!!

You are talking rationalizing.

When you use the word "worth" you are quoting the financial worth of the teams, WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE CURRENT SYSTEM, which I propose to abolish, making that "financial worth" non-existent.

The govt most certainly DOES have a business taking over baseball. Govt's business is PROTECTION of the public. That is it's # 1 duty. Getting rid of these moneymongers and restoring sanity to baseball, is doing just that.

I didn't say anything about "entertaining". That's your word, Not mine. I want the govt to step in fix it > because it is broken, and a complete MESS. :D

Twins have been doing this for yrs and we were dumb enough to build them a new stadium so they could triple the ticket prices on us.

"THEY" tripled the ticket prices ? Who is this "they" you are referring to ?

Last edited:
Gee who sets the prices ......you do know being such a dedicated fan dont ya.....like I said stupid question

Gee who sets the prices ......you do know being such a dedicated fan dont ya.....like I said stupid question

Sounds like you don't want to answer the question, being afraid what I might say in response. It's your non-response that is stupid

If you ever crawl out from under that desk you've been hiding under and answer the question, and then hear my response, you'll find out why my question isn't stupid at all.

Last edited:

You want to STEAL something from private citizens and give it to someone you think will bring it back to some "golden age" nonsense??

What makes you think you have a right to someone else's property?

?

You have one definition of "owning". I have another. And as far as I'm concerned these MLB owners can take their millions and shove them. :D

Then you are inventing a new definition for "owning". By every legal defintion, the MBL team owners own those teams. You want to try and claim some ownership because you have been a fan? You bought tickets, memorized statistics and ate a few hotdogs watching them play??

You have absolutely no right to steal someone elses property.

Your use of the word "worth" is something within the baseball capitalist mindset. I'm talking from outside of that. This whole thing has degraded so far down, it is time for govt to step in and impose regulation (BIG time) This is a perfect example of how far into disarray and insanity things can go, when left entirely to the free market. Whole thing needs to be REDEFINED. Nationalize the whole league, and then put them under state controls.

You are talking fantasy.

When I use the word "worth" I am quoting the financial worth of the teams. It is not something you can simply dismiss because you remember baseball being different.

And the gov't has no business taking over baseball. It has no vested interest.

You make it sound like it is a matter of national security that you don't think baseball is as entertaining as it once was.

You think it is not as entertaining, so you want the gov't to step in and fix it??? LMAO!!

You are talking rationalizing.

When you use the word "worth" you are quoting the financial worth of the teams, WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE CURRENT SYSTEM, which I propose to abolish, making that "financial worth" non-existent.

The govt most certainly DOES have a business taking over baseball. Govt's business is PROTECTION of the public. That is it's # 1 duty. Getting rid of these moneymongers and restoring sanity to baseball, is doing just that.

I didn't say anything about "entertaining". That's your word, Not mine. I want the govt to step in fix it > because it is broken, and a complete MESS. :D

What? Are you high?? You want the gov't to STEAL private property, and you claim it is to protect the citizens??? From what?? High ticket prices? I have a simpler cure. Don't go to the games.

Baseball is not a national security interest. There is no need for baseball. It is purely entertainment. It is a GAME played to entertain the fans. If you are not entertained, find something else.

Could they really do worse than what we're seeing now (Ex. David Price "trade") ?

You.Are.An.Idiot.

In other words, you've run out of things to say to back up your position, so you are reduced to childish name-calling. Gotcha. :lol:

Your position is that the gov't should STEAL these teams from their rightful owners, and somehow make it better. You cannot possibly defend that position. There is no rational reason for the gov't to take over baseball. If the MLB owners decided to CLOSE the entire endeavor, the gov't still has no right to take their property.

I tell you what. If you don't like the way the lawful, legal owners are operating, then you start your own league.

You don't get to use the gov't to take by force what others own, unless there is a valid reason and a national interest.

Get those fans to pony up the cash to start their own league. Don't have someone else to the work and then you come in and steal their property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back