UN stands with US

Russia just signed a Banking deal with China, India and Brazil to eliminate the need for the Dollar.

You've heard of the BRICS Nations?

This is the REAL REASON the US is Angry with Russia.

Sanctions almost NEVER hurt Governments, they only hurt the people who live under them.

The U.N.? When was the last time they ever "accomplished" anything other than Child Rape?

The Russian people will then express their displeasure with their leader. I have read of BRICS, yes, no threat to the US.

You might want to reread those articles and actually give them some thought and reflection, Peach.

I do, the Russian Federation voted FOR the resolution introduced by Australia, the US suggested it, the UK, Australia, and several other nations worked on this since Friday, Putin caved.

The Russian people will then express their displeasure with their leader. I have read of BRICS, yes, no threat to the US.
Not to the US and it's borders, just to it's Currency. Which is kinda' important if you like your current standard of living.

You do use currency to buy things don't you? Either paper or electronic?

Exactly.

BRICS is comprised of nations like India, wary of the Chinese, it must be taken seriously, if it survives:

The problem with BRICS | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

But tensions continue to simmer beneath the veneer of rhetoric usually on display at annual BRICS summits. The structural disparity between China and the rest of the BRICS members remains the core issue. China’s rise has been so fast and so spectacular that others are still trying to catch up. The dominance of China makes the very idea of a coordinated BRICS response to the changing global balance of power something of a non-starter. The Chinese economy is now not only the second largest in the world but also larger than the economies of all the BRICS together. The overweening presence of China makes the other members nervous, leading them to hedge their bets by investing in alternative alliances and partnerships even as China’s rapid accretion of economic and political power adds to its own challenges that has made it difficult for it to make friends. Given the leverage that China enjoys in BRICS, it should not come as a surprise that Beijing has suggested that IBSA – the grouping of democracies, comprising India, Brazil and South Africa – be shut down in favour of BRICS.

Last edited:
Not to the US and it's borders, just to it's Currency. Which is kinda' important if you like your current standard of living.

You do use currency to buy things don't you? Either paper or electronic?

Perhaps the problems I have read of are overstated, we will see.

Bloomberg: Russian billionaires 'in horror' as Putin risks isolation

Russia's richest businessmen are increasingly frantic that President Vladimir Putin's policies in Ukraine will lead to crippling sanctions and are too scared of reprisal to say so publicly, billionaires and analysts said.

“The economic and business elite is just in horror,” said Igor Bunin, who heads the Center for Political Technology in Moscow.

Nobody will speak out because of the implicit threat of retribution, Bunin said by phone yesterday. “Any sign of rebellion and they’ll be brought to their knees.”

Russian Billionaires in ?Horror? as Putin Risks Isolation - Bloomberg

Billionaire(s) as in plural?
That's funny, the article only mentions ONE billionaire.........:doubt:.

Bloomberg: Russian billionaires 'in horror' as Putin risks isolation

Russia's richest businessmen are increasingly frantic that President Vladimir Putin's policies in Ukraine will lead to crippling sanctions and are too scared of reprisal to say so publicly, billionaires and analysts said.

“The economic and business elite is just in horror,” said Igor Bunin, who heads the Center for Political Technology in Moscow.

Nobody will speak out because of the implicit threat of retribution, Bunin said by phone yesterday. “Any sign of rebellion and they’ll be brought to their knees.”

Russian Billionaires in ?Horror? as Putin Risks Isolation - Bloomberg

:lol: yeah you are funny...

Russia’s richest businessmen are increasingly frantic that President Vladimir Putin’s policies in Ukraine will lead to crippling sanctions and are too scared of reprisal to say so publicly, billionaires and analysts said.

Russia’s richest businessmen are increasingly frantic that President Vladimir Putin’s policies in Ukraine will lead to crippling sanctions and are too scared of reprisal to say so publicly, billionaires and analysts said.

Sorting out propagandist tea leaves is not your strong suit. :eusa_whistle:

:itsok: how does your poo tin tea taste??

Russia to Reduce Reliance on Microsoft, IBM After Sanctions - Bloomberg

From the article:

The U.S. has already imposed penalties on state-run companies and members of Putin’s inner circle, including billionaires Gennady Timchenko and Arkady Rotenberg. The latest sanctions, announced a day before the Malaysia Air attack, barred OAO Novatek (NVTK), a gas producer partly owned by Timchenko, from using U.S. debt markets for new financing with maturities longer than 90 days. Novatek’s London shares fell 8 percent over two days, cutting its market value by almost $3 billion.

Amid market turmoil provoked by the Ukraine conflict, the 19 richest Russians lost $14.5 billion since the start of the year, compared to an increase in wealth of $56.5 billion for the richest 64 Americans, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

Pariah Risk

“Russia risks becoming a pariah state if it does not behave properly,” U.K. Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said on Sky News yesterday. “We now need to use the sense of outrage that is clear to get a further round of sanctions-tightening against Russia".

Yet Europe continues to talk out of both sides of its mouth.

15-0 in the Security Council, unanimous in the US Senate.

I'm referring to the meeting of the EU foreign ministers in Brussels today, where it counts and where nothing got decided on concerning economic sanctions. The UN is useless as bull-tits along with the US Senate. Only 5% of Russias trade is with the US. 50% of Russias trade is with Europe.

I think it was the ambassador/former ? -to Ukraine and several others---they say Russia actually has some different factions --Putin is not improving his approval rating. I hope this is true.

I cannot believe that he is admired by anyone--I have heard 'Oh--he is so cool'--No, not really---he is obsessed and if anyone cannot understand this now I don't know why.
The UN meets today and there had better be a consensus of some kind on this.

It is incredible that the American right seems to admire Putin. Their doing so illustrates such intense partisanship that they are willing to ignore the facts of history and the current day as well. He is a brutal dictator, a vicious, brutal dictator.

Yet Europe continues to talk out of both sides of its mouth.

I'm referring to the meeting of the EU foreign ministers in Brussels today, where it counts and where nothing got decided on concerning economic sanctions. The UN is useless as bull-tits along with the US Senate. Only 5% of Russias trade is with the US. 50% of Russias trade is with Europe.

Other reports differ:

EU expands sanctions on Russian officials, weighs broader penalties - LA Times

No direct Russia link also, but even the Russian Federation suddenly wants answers.

Other reports differ:

No direct Russia link also, but even the Russian Federation suddenly wants answers.

No consensus on broader penalties.
Will will be witnessing the breakup of the EU before long?

Obama Seen Gaining on Putin as U.S. Prods EU on Sanctions

President Barack Obama’s response to the downing of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 over Ukraine reflects the consensus of U.S. officials that time, evidence, and world opinion are increasingly on his side as he takes on Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Secretary of State John Kerry cited the tragedy yesterday in an effort to prod Europeans into expanding sanctions against Russia, even at some peril to their own economies, in an effort to break Putin’s support for pro-Russian Ukrainian separatists.

“We are trying to encourage our European friends to realize this is a wake-up call,” Kerry said...

Obama Seen Gaining on Putin as U.S. Prods EU on Sanctions - Bloomberg

Other reports differ:

No consensus on broader penalties.
Will will be witnessing the breakup of the EU before long?

No, with the Russian Federation SUDDENLY changing its tune, I believe the EU will be united. The world is.

I think it was the ambassador/former ? -to Ukraine and several others---they say Russia actually has some different factions --Putin is not improving his approval rating. I hope this is true.

I cannot believe that he is admired by anyone--I have heard 'Oh--he is so cool'--No, not really---he is obsessed and if anyone cannot understand this now I don't know why.

It is incredible that the American right seems to admire Putin. Their doing so illustrates such intense partisanship that they are willing to ignore the facts of history and the current day as well. He is a brutal dictator, a vicious, brutal dictator.

Do they? How odd. I have heard more left leaning women say what a 'swell guy' he is.

A real jerk--and that is all I have ever seen.

Do they? How odd. I have heard more left leaning women say what a 'swell guy' he is.

A real jerk--and that is all I have ever seen.

A disgusting Soviet in every inch of his small, flabby body.

Hello---allow me to explain something to you all.
The right is merely using Putin as a tool to mock Obama. They could care less about the SOB. Get it ?

Most of the world, with the exception of the Tea Party which is in the United States.

They still love him.

Russia is soon to be isolated economically, Putin may reconsider his latest doubletalk.

If Russia is to be isolated economically, wouldn't you think that ONE other country would go along with obama's sanctions? Even England told obama to get lost. Far from the world being tired of Putin, it looks like they are getting more weary of obama's meowing.

EU members are starting to go at each others throats. Hollande just flipped out on Cameron and told him to take a hike on heavy sanctions.

One thing to remember about Cameron. He is being advised by Messina. Obama's 2012 campaign manager and former Deputy Chief of Staff for the Obama WH.

So Cameron is still heavily influenced by the Obama connection. He's no freaking conservative at all. Brit version of a RINO.

Forum List

Back